PDA

View Full Version : FAKE WALBRO fuel pumps

Dboyizmlg
10-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Do you have the REAL Walbro fuel pump in you're tank?
Or are you not sure?
It's pretty difficult to tell the difference until you have both the real, and fake sitting side to side.
Many people believe the have the real one.

People chime in on this to discuss you're experience if you have had a fake one. Or if you're not 100% sure yours is real.

silverarrow27
10-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, mine is definitely real since it's been in the car since 2001.

!Zar!
10-27-2013, 02:27 PM
The real ones are cheap as is.

They make fake ones now?

What's the purpose of this thread, to ask if it's okay to run a fake one or what?

Dboyizmlg
10-27-2013, 02:58 PM
The purpose of this thread to alert people that they might have a fake Walbro with out them even knowing.
I've been doing some research on this subject for the last couple of days.
I bought a new Walbro this past Friday. I will not say where I bought it from for the privacy of the seller. But it's a fake WALBRO!

I started doing some research on Google and found some interesting things.
Anyways, I took the original (Real Walbro) I had in the tank out.
I compared it to the new one I bought on Friday, and it's almost identical except for a few things.
Real Walbro facts.
#1Real Walbro is shiny silver, with no rough surface.
#2the "W" stamp is a solid stamp, very visible and precise.
#3 the connector at the top is opposite side from the fake one

I also have some pictures.
Also I have read in other forums that there where people complaining about how their new Walbro pumps where going out so early, in the little time of a few months. Well that's because they had the FAKE ones. Sadly they didn't know it.

mechanicalmoron
10-27-2013, 03:50 PM
The purpose of this thread to alert people that they might have a fake Walbro with out them even knowing.
I've been doing some research on this subject for the last couple of days.
I bought a new Walbro this past Friday. I will not say where I bought it from for the privacy of the seller. But it's a fake WALBRO!

I started doing some research on Google and found some interesting things.
Anyways, I took the original (Real Walbro) I had in the tank out.
I compared it to the new one I bought on Friday, and it's almost identical except for a few things.
Real Walbro facts.
#1Real Walbro is shiny silver, with no rough surface.
#2the "W" stamp is a solid stamp, very visible and precise.
#3 the connector at the top is opposite side from the fake one

I also have some pictures.
Also I have read in other forums that there where people complaining about how their new Walbro pumps where going out so early, in the little time of a few months. Well that's because they had the FAKE ones. Sadly they didn't know it.
Maybe there's been a change in the real ones, and they're cheaper now?

Either way, you bought a fake one, and you'll tell us about fake ones, but you won't tell us who will rip you off for a fake one, for their privacy? What the fuck?

B2FiNiTY
10-27-2013, 03:54 PM
wow... get some pics too.

never heard of fake ones but almost anything can be faked nowadays

Dboyizmlg
10-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Maybe there's been a change in the real ones, and they're cheaper now?

Either way, you bought a fake one, and you'll tell us about fake ones, but you won't tell us who will rip you off for a fake one, for their privacy? What the fuck?

The reason why I haven't said where I bought it from, is because I still expect to get my money back from the seller.
I sent him an email hope we can resolve this thing.
I have this link, has some real good info.

100% Genuine Walbro Fuel Pumps from Fuel-Pumps.net (http://www.fuel-pumps.net/walbro-forgeries.html)

Dboyizmlg
10-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Ask the vendor, or seller to make a promise to you that he is selling you a REAL Walbro 255lph fuel pump. If you don't get a promise then more than likely it's a fake.

Dboyizmlg
10-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Here is one of the pictures!
Look closely

xoxide
10-27-2013, 05:05 PM
When was your original walbro bought.... Sounds like horse shit to me.

Ive seen other brand 255lph pumps (I run a precision 255 from oreillys which is just a rebranded walbro), no problems with it whatsoever. But ive never seen a fake walbro... Sounds like they just updated them a bit.

Dboyizmlg
10-27-2013, 05:35 PM
I purchased the original back in 2005.
Which is the bottom shiny silver one.

xoxide
10-27-2013, 05:53 PM
My point exactly. Id be willing to be they changed the design up just a tad.

Btw heres mine (real walbro I got this year), for comparison... Not super shiny.
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/541234-walbro-255-a.html

zerodameaon
10-28-2013, 01:34 AM
I have a not shiny one bought last year from a walbro supplier.

Also what are you basing your opposite side connector theory on? If you are basing it off the W you do realize they just toss the metal body on any which way.
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/Walbro-High%252dPressure-255-ltr%7B47%7Dhr-Fuel-Pump-Nissan-240sx-89%252d98.html

Now if you are basing it off the bottom inlet there are two versions of the same pump. a 41 and 42. You have very carefully hidden those model numbers.
Neither of these are shiny besides the flash shiny.
http://www.injectedperformance.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/walbro-pump-comparison.jpg

S14DB
10-28-2013, 03:54 AM
http://www.tiautomotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Walbro_Aftermarket_Catalog_2013.pdf

Some are shiny and some are satin. Same with the stamp quality.

Yours both look real. The fakes have a sandy/gritty look/feel to them. Like the shitty cast aluminum manifold/oilpan/diff cover knockoffs.

First one with the radial lope is the real one. Second one with the grinding wine is the fake.
7102yaOA2jk

Bobafreak
11-06-2013, 06:07 PM
jebus.... the world has come to making fake walbro pumps..... good lord.

BoostSlideWayz
11-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I have a 255 LPH fuel pump believe is a knock off of walbro. But ive had it in my s13 for 3 years and not had any problems. It feeds my car no problem.

Also ive ran the tank dry about 4-5 times ( not intentionally ofcourse ) and its not ever failed.

Some people wanna pay the extra dollar for the name brand. But the money i save with certain parts i get helps me afford more parts.

The way i see it, if its extremely cheap then its not worth it. But there is such a thing as mid level parts. Not exactly as high quality as the name brand stuff but they work plain and simple.

double zero
11-09-2013, 05:38 AM
op, stop being a jerk and tell us where the hell you got this pump from??