PDA

View Full Version : SR20det.. Clutch going out?

000ADRush
10-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Ok I drive a 91 s13 with a redtop SR in it. Gears all shift fine and the car starts moving just fine but when you put your foot down even a little, the rpms go up but the speed doesn't. Almost as if I'm pressing the clutch and revving... But not actually pressing the clutch. Does it in every gear. Not much of a "clutch smell" ever though. Hard to get the car to even 30 mph. It doesn't accelerate, it just revs. No transmission shop around here is open to diagnose it and the Nissan dealership wants an outrageous amount to check it out. I just wanna see what you guys think before I order a new clutch. Any thing helps!
Thanks

Redtop Sr coupe

gostrider
10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
The vtec in the tranny is going bad...it will cause the clutch to fail..replace both clutch and vtec sensor, relube vtec gears and retest with a burn out..post video of burn out..

000ADRush
10-27-2013, 09:36 PM
The amount of help I got on here was outstanding. Thanks to all the people who went forth and submitted their open thoughts. I have diagnosed the problem regardless of the responses I have received here. Thanks 240 guys, you're the best.
Sincerely, go fuck your self.

Redtop Sr coupe

TheRealSy90
10-27-2013, 10:26 PM
It's obviously the clutch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

UnknownGuy
10-28-2013, 09:54 AM
You mad bro? haha
If I was to guess you are farely new to driving manual, and definetely never expeirenced having a clutch go out. I will tell you what you described is the clutch going out to a T. Consider getting a stronger clutch and pressure plate, if you want it to last a little longer. Good luck.

000ADRush
10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
You mad bro? haha
If I was to guess you are farely new to driving manual, and definetely never expeirenced having a clutch go out. I will tell you what you described is the clutch going out to a T. Consider getting a stronger clutch and pressure plate, if you want it to last a little longer. Good luck.

I'm not new to manual, just never had a clutch go out. Lol
Im just going stage 2. Oem didn't seem to like the power Im making

Redtop Sr coupe