PDA

View Full Version : Do all dual cams make some sort of valve noise?

awgdawg
10-23-2013, 02:18 PM
My kade has a valve tick. I can hear the marble in a tin can rattle from the chain guide but it is also making a valve tick. Theres no oil light on so i dont think its the oil pressure at least I hope not. I know theres tons of threads out there but idk if this is a common thing. I mean Ive heard a lot of other cars where they always tick some even sounded like mini diesels but ran great.

awgdawg
10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
More info on the car, some of the vacuum lines are plugged off and the only mods are an aem cai, 3in exhaust thats unhooked atm, auto ecu. Seemed to run fine when I had it in the first car. Idk I cant afford to have to pull the engine again. No funds, tools or place to do it.

UnknownGuy
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Well depending on how long ago the motor was swapped and if the motor was swapped properly, the Ecu is probably trying to adjust its self after being unplugged. A lot of times the Ecu will recalibrate itself by advancing or retarding the timing or adjusting the air fuel ratio. Best bet is to let it readjustment itself for about a week or two. If its already been that long and you still have it you may need to advance or retard the timing manually with the distributor. Good luck.

awgdawg
10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
its been about a month however the ecu was reset several times up until about a week or two ago when I got a battery for it. If it would last until next fall that would be awesome. Im planing on going turbo next winter.

UnknownGuy
10-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah the Ecu should be fine then. Well the only thing I can think is to play with the timing and see if it sounds better.

codyace
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
have you removed the upper guide yet?

awgdawg
10-24-2013, 08:22 AM
No not yet the weather has been shitty and I haven't had time between class. I was looking at it yesterday and it seems like it goes away around 2500-3000 rpm. So you guys think that using the auto ecu has caused my head to start ticking at low rpms?