PDA

View Full Version : So insurance doesnt want to pay after an hour of payment

Hatemy7
10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Well long story short.

My girl got in a car wreck an HOUR after she made her monthly payment.

last week.

Today they tell us that they wont pay for anything.

is there anything that we can do?

please let me know asap

Thanks

drift freaq
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
you mean she got in an accident an hour after she started new coverage. If she had a renewed policy it would not be an issue if she was already paying monthly it would not be an issue.

Technically you are covered from when your Policy officially starts. Now If she had to make a payment to start the policy and she did not get confirmation of the start time? then ya she is out of luck. Plus in a case like this it looks somewhat fraudulent. Not saying it is but look at it from their perspective. Person gets insurance and immediately runs out and gets in an at fault accident to collect the cash.

Like I said earlier if it was just the regular monthly payment and she had just paid it there should be no issue. Either she is not telling you everything or your not telling us everything something is fishy though.

Hatemy7
10-22-2013, 04:50 PM
you mean she got in an accident an hour after she started new coverage. If she had a renewed policy it would not be an issue if she was already paying monthly it would not be an issue.

Technically you are covered from when your Policy officially starts. Now If she had to make a payment to start the policy and she did not get confirmation of the start time? then ya she is out of luck. Plus in a case like this it looks somewhat fraudulent. Not saying it is but look at it from their perspective. Person gets insurance and immediately runs out and gets in an at fault accident to collect the cash.

Like I said earlier if it was just the regular monthly payment and she had just paid it there should be no issue. Either she is not telling you everything or your not telling us everything something is fishy though.

You're correct, she hit someone after an hour of making a payment.

I am literally telling you everything.

She is a nerd lol I'm the one who isnt an angel lol.

so yeah I think getting an attorney will be the next step

drift freaq
10-22-2013, 04:53 PM
You're correct, she hit someone after an hour of making a payment.

I am literally telling you everything.

She is a nerd lol I'm the one who isnt an angel lol.

so yeah I think getting an attorney will be the next step

and it was not a new policy? if so its a damn shady insurance company.

Hatemy7
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Actually sorry for the misrepresdented info.

Well after I got home I asked her more ?

and she said that she was actually behind on her payments but paid the balance that she owed

silverarrow27
10-24-2013, 09:12 AM
It would be nice to know the insurance company name.

Phlip
10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
If she was behind on her payment to the point where her coverage had lapsed and she paid to bring it back up, then the insurance company is not on the hook for anything until they receive a “Statement of no loss” which tells them that you didn’t wreck while you weren’t covered.
Otherwise, they could treat this as fraudulent.

Is there some kind of police report corroborating her story that the wreck did in fact take place after she made that payment to get it back right?

Hatemy7
10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
It would be nice to know the insurance company name.

its a small company here in chicago.

cant remember the name of the company at the moment. I texted her but she just got out of a 16hr shift ( RN )

If she was behind on her payment to the point where her coverage had lapsed and she paid to bring it back up, then the insurance company is not on the hook for anything until they receive a “Statement of no loss” which tells them that you didn’t wreck while you weren’t covered.
Otherwise, they could treat this as fraudulent.

Is there some kind of police report corroborating her story that the wreck did in fact take place after she made that payment to get it back right?

Police report says it was an hour an 14 minutes after she made payment.

h2v7
10-24-2013, 09:51 AM
i had the same thing happen with the general was late on payments made a new payment and got in accident few hours after i made late payment.

long story short i got screwed and wasnt technically covered

Hatemy7
10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
wow that sucks

double zero
10-24-2013, 11:57 AM
bummer!!!!!!!!!