PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help 5sp SR to Auto S13 (E202/E14)

jscherf92
10-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Alright ive been looking at wiring diagrams for so long my head is spinning and I need to probe for someone with a bit of experience.

A little background, i've got my engine running and now im going through and fixing all the little problems, right now im on reverse lights. After picking through the FSM for a while ive narrowed everything down to a pair of plugs, E202 and E17 that should line up perfectly. Well, I dont seem to have an E17, but i do have an E14, which will plug in but obviously the wires are different.

So i know that all I need for reverse lights is to connect the green/white and green/blue wires. I've tested that and it works. BUT since this was originally a manual chassis, the only plug I can find with the reverse light wiring is the Inhibitor switch plug E14. Now ive seen that I can route the alternator wire, as well as the speed sensor wires through other plugs, however, there is a 7th wire on my plug that I cannot seem to find. its between the yellow/black and yellow/white wires and its so dirty i cant even guess the color.

I'm going to do more troubleshooting and guessing tomorrow but if anyone has done this same procedure, I would sure appreciate some guidance. The short and simple would be to splice the two green striped wires and enjoy my reverse lights, but I want to make sure everything else is still wired up as well. Thanks!

jscherf92
10-13-2013, 06:24 PM
I've figured it out, if anyone is interested, I just repinned and rewired the plugs to match up for the reverse lights, speed sensor, etc. I was trying to find a less intrusive solution but this is what I had to do, obviously if you have a similar problem the FSM is a must.

HyperVerbal
01-10-2015, 11:05 AM
E202 what colors are the alternator wires? I am using a s14 lower harness in 91 5speed coupe. I am left with alternator Solid Yellow on s14 lower harness not hooked up. Run it to? And I plugged the s14 fuse box terminal wire to (what I think is the same concept) E19 I think. Am I trippin?