PDA

View Full Version : Seam in front wheel well slicing tire

Thedriftbadger
10-05-2013, 10:40 AM
As the title says, that seem in the front wheel well is slicing the shit out of my tires when i hit bumps or turn. I bent it and hammered it down as much as i could but it's still hitting a little. I can't seem to find much info on this for some reason. It seems like it should be a common problem. Anyway i read one thing that said he cut it out and rewelded it. I have a grinder but i don't have a welder. Would i be ok just cutting it out? I was thinking i'd just cut out where it's hitting so the rest of the seam is still there... What have other people done?

jaysgottaredtop
10-05-2013, 11:15 AM
if you don't want to cut/weld, just slice it vertically to the frame every few inches and then hammer this shit out of with the biggest sledge you can find. that said, i don't see why cutting and welding would be bad. you wouldn't be losing anything structurally compared to my slice/flatten method.

after you beat/cut/weld/whatever that inner seam, the next one you'll hit would be the outer one. this one is easy enough to hammer up and out:

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/149540_10151645377143084_420846241_n.jpg

^ but real talk, the best fix for all this shit is to get shorter front tires! haha :w00t:

Thedriftbadger
10-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks i'm gonna try the cut and hammer the shit out of it method. I only need a little bit of clearance cause it just barely rubs. My tires are 215-40-17's, idk how much shorter i can go lol

jaysgottaredtop
10-05-2013, 09:16 PM
oh yeah, just bash the hell out of it. that picture is with 255/40/17s, so you should be fine with 215/40s