PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.. need a bolt spacer

Jeff240sx
05-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Allright. So my gf's brother bought a shift knob that doesn't fit his car. The shift knob is M12 by some pitch that we don't know, and his shifter is M10x1.5. I know we need to figure out the pitch on the shift knob, that's easy. What isn't easy is finding an item to fill those 2mm (1 mm thick ring) up. I was looking at a helicoil, but it's only .6mm total thickness. He doesn't really want to drill a bolt out and tap that, because "The shift knob is already really heavy." I've spent a few hours on google searching for all kinds of shit. Maybe there is a part.. like a hollow threaded spacer or something that would work for us, but I haven't found it.
Any ideas?
-Jeff

HyperTek
05-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Its a freaking shift knob!!! Just to go thru all that trouble, it better be the best shift knob in the world. Otherwise id just rock something made for nissans.

slideways240
05-19-2004, 10:59 AM
you could find a pipe with a 12mm ID and put that around the shifter,then fill it with epoxy and run the proper size die down on top of it. or fill the knob up with epoxy and let the epoxy set with the shifter inside it.it would most likely be permanently installed that way though.