PDA

View Full Version : Power cut/ gas cut

libz
09-18-2013, 04:24 PM
any idea why my KA24DE cuts power randomly.. For seconds at a clip or just for a quick second it cuts gas. Car will stay on it just doesnt go anywhere. i can hit the pedal to the floor, let off and keep tapping it with going nowhere...Only happens sometimes; had half tank of gas on my ride home from work today where it happened almost the whole way home (some days wont happen at all?) perhaps less driving in a day? .. i drive 60 miles a day to/from work, sometimes i carpool and my car will just drive around town ( is what im saying by "less driving" )

MAF is new.

Battery connector is brand new. turns on everyday fine.. jumped fine about 3 weeks ago when battery terminal connector snapped. have not coded. no lights are on, or come on

this actually my 2nd stock motor. Happened on my first motor. 250k and it popped. Got a new (junk-yard) motor with 13Xk on it... and after a couple months of running fine this problem started up again..

Mikester
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
If it's running fine, just not going anywhere; then it's probably a clutch problem (slipping).

However, if I were you, I'd stop the car from driving around town on its own first ;)

mechanicalmoron
09-19-2013, 08:56 AM
When it goes nowhere... do you mean nothing happens? Or that it revs and doesn't move? If that's the case, it's what mikester said.

If not, wut? SOMETHING must happen when you hit the pedal, and if it stays on, it didn't cut gas, if you lose fuel pressure at idle, it will start stumbling right away and die in about ten seconds. And if your injectors don't fire, it will turn off, immediately.

libz
09-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Sorry i didnt elaborate better. The clutch doesnt slip. The car doesnt even rev up it just completely cuts power. I usually have to put it in a lower gear and then shift again or leave in neutral for seconds and put back into gear just to get going again. Its actually dangerous .. happened again today while merging (i was coming around exit.. go to power out of the turn and merge when all power cuts and car was just coasting at the speed i was doing originally for a couple seconds and then ..poof. gas starts going again

libz
09-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Note: the car does NOT turn off. nor do the RPMS drop. it just stays where it is at and gives no gas (my guess)... i can hit the clutch and rev it up no problem.. just while in gear it doesnt want to go.

EDIT: I use to have a problem where my RPMS wouldnt go past 3k driving or in neutral . (fixed itself with new motor, i have no idea what it was..this no longer happens)

OnTheChip
09-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Could be a clogged fuel filter or marginal fuel pump.

libz
09-19-2013, 03:47 PM
80% sure my fuel filter is fine (i believe i checked it around 3 months ago)... maybe fuel pump going dead?

cotbu
09-20-2013, 04:33 AM
EDIT: I use to have a problem where my RPMS wouldnt go past 3k driving or in neutral . (fixed itself with new motor, i have no idea what it was..this no longer happens) The same solution you used there would probably most definitely fix your current issue as well, with a transmission and whatnot thrown in for good fixing measure..

Mikester
09-20-2013, 07:20 AM
^^LOL^^

Try changing the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. The ignition components are the ones that will really make or break the way the car runs under load (not in neutral). DO NOT use any fuel additives, octane boosters etc.

libz
09-20-2013, 08:17 AM
ill try that thanks Mikester

ultimateirving
09-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Flat spot in tps? Not registering the throttle being open and cuts fuel even tho your still giving t more throttle