PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting FPR & Wrong AFR ???

livelovesole
09-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Just need to know if 43 psi is around about the right pressure I need to be running and im mainly concerned about my AFR. I've done my research but I keep seeing different answers and need a solid answer. At WOT my wideband is reading 10.0 at idle I read about 13.4 - 13.7 and light throttle/ cruising im at about 14.5 - 14.8 I've heard some people say this is about right and others say too rich and others too lean. I know I can adjust my FPR to get me right. I try to floor it but the motor sputters and the only way i can hit wot is easing in on the accelerator. Mods consist of :

blacktop s13
greddy intercooler
isis intake manifold
circuit sports fpr
walbro 255 lph
stock t25 @ 11psi
hks wastegate
stock 370cc inj and maf
misc

Please help me out and thanks for looking.

codyace
09-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Globally moving fuel pressure to get a desired AFR may work on the gauge, but you're not taking into account the timing nor naything else involved.

With that said, it's hard to say if the circuit sports FPR is even holding the right fuel pressure at WOT and up top...if it's not going 1:1 it may be 1.5:1 or something silly thus making it overly rich.

Stock setups are also rich from the get go.

You are also adjusting the fuel pressure by adjustting it with the vacuum line disconnected right? You need to simulate WOT with no boost.

livelovesole
09-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Globally moving fuel pressure to get a desired AFR may work on the gauge, but you're not taking into account the timing nor naything else involved.

With that said, it's hard to say if the circuit sports FPR is even holding the right fuel pressure at WOT and up top...if it's not going 1:1 it may be 1.5:1 or something silly thus making it overly rich.

Stock setups are also rich from the get go.

You are also adjusting the fuel pressure by adjustting it with the vacuum line disconnected right? You need to simulate WOT with no boost.

No, I didn't know you needed the vaccum line disconnected.

Mikester
09-12-2013, 07:59 AM
^^With the vacuum line connected, you should see about 33-35psi at idle.

Best advice I could possibly offer is to put a stock regulator back on there. Aftermarket adjustable regulators are cool to look at; but not needed for 400hp and below setups.

livelovesole
09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
^^With the vacuum line connected, you should see about 33-35psi at idle.

Best advice I could possibly offer is to put a stock regulator back on there. Aftermarket adjustable regulators are cool to look at; but not needed for 400hp and below setups.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought the car like that, but feel like it's deffitnitly a good tool to have just incase your trouble shooting fuel issuses. thanks for your input though.

codyace
09-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I bought the car like that, but feel like it's deffitnitly a good tool to have just incase your trouble shooting fuel issuses. thanks for your input though.

Yea def take the vacuum line off, and adjust to 43.5

The stock regulator IMO is still the better bet, as you know it's a 1:1 setup. With that said, without knowing what your fuel pressure is a redline, it's hard to know if the aftermarket regulator you have is even working correctly.

I'd say readjust your FP lower, and go from there.

livelovesole
09-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Yea def take the vacuum line off, and adjust to 43.5

The stock regulator IMO is still the better bet, as you know it's a 1:1 setup. With that said, without knowing what your fuel pressure is a redline, it's hard to know if the aftermarket regulator you have is even working correctly.

I'd say readjust your FP lower, and go from there.

Too easy. Thanks for the insight.

cotbu
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM
It's called base fuel pressure, and it's almost always 43.5psi measured and set without vacuum.
There's got to be rules damn it!;)