PDA

View Full Version : 92 240SX Wiring Issues After Steering Column Removal.

alex92s13
09-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Hello, yesterday I put in a aluminum steering bush on my 92 coupe. I took the steering column out and after re installing I noticed I now don't have turn signals, also fuel pump does not prime or have power going to it key on, fuel gauge now doesn't work either, or blower motor. I checked my fuses, continuity tested the black pink wire to the ecu from relay with harness off ecu. It still cranks, just doesn't sound like my fuel pump is priming. My hazard switch works only three bulbs, the driver front does not work bulb is not bad though it appears. I do not have any gauge cluster I only have a hard wired gas gauge at the moment so I'm not sure if anything else does not work. I'm pretty stumped on what it could be. I'm guessing a pulled wire or something. I looked up the wiring diagrams on mitchell and still can't seem to figure it out. I'm an electrical noob. Just thought I would run it by some more people to figure this out so I can go to work thursday. Haha

Mikester
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
You still need to make sure there is a strip of rubber between the bushing and the mounting points on the column- Otherwise, it will short out the whole electrical system- that's why the OEM one is rubber.

Just kidding. Sounds like you may have just missed a connector or two when you put it all back together... Re-trace your steps in reverse, and the problem will probably be obvious.

Also, anytime you work with wiring, conectors etc. you should disconnect the positive battery cable before getting started.

alex92s13
09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Haha. Alright thanks man. I've been looking stuff up all day. Got the entire dash out.