PDA

View Full Version : SR20det AEM EMS1 question

girv
09-08-2013, 08:39 AM
So I bought an EMS1 from a guy who had it tuned for 555cc injectors, 264 cams, and a 2871 @ 17lbs. The only difference between my car and his car is I have an Isis hybrid T28 (which should hold 17lbs).

I converted the car from MAF to MAP and have checked everything 3 times, and it is wired correctly. The car just wont start. It will fire and sputter but will not run not matter how I adjust the idle or cam timing.

My thought was that I needed to plug in the AEM software and adjust the idle based on my cars throttle position, but am nervous that the laptop will wipe any information that is already on the ECU? Because I do not have the tune saved to any of my computers?

Any thoughts or input as to why it isn't starting would be appreciated.

spaten
09-08-2013, 11:50 AM
get the car tuned professionally the outcome will be much better also check if your getting a engine speed signal and crank signal sounds like the arm isn't getting one of the two

splitfire
09-09-2013, 09:09 AM
So I bought an EMS1 from a guy who had it tuned for 555cc injectors, 264 cams, and a 2871 @ 17lbs. The only difference between my car and his car is I have an Isis hybrid T28 (which should hold 17lbs).

I converted the car from MAF to MAP and have checked everything 3 times, and it is wired correctly. The car just wont start. It will fire and sputter but will not run not matter how I adjust the idle or cam timing.

My thought was that I needed to plug in the AEM software and adjust the idle based on my cars throttle position, but am nervous that the laptop will wipe any information that is already on the ECU? Because I do not have the tune saved to any of my computers?

Any thoughts or input as to why it isn't starting would be appreciated.

You need to retune AEM. MAF and MAP tunes are completely different.