PDA

View Full Version : Robocop (2014)

SimpleS14
09-06-2013, 07:40 AM
jBeSfnIT_Bw

I'm still kinda iffy on this. The black suit does look nice tho.

zerodameaon
09-06-2013, 01:26 PM
I saw one comment about how they more or less raided the batman parts bin and came up with Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and a suit that bears some resemblance to the batsuit. I kinda see that.

ManoNegra
09-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Daft Punks "Get Lucky" plays on my head every time I see that picture.

HyperTek
09-06-2013, 03:09 PM
can only hope it isn't PG13

BOROSUN
09-06-2013, 03:30 PM
yay, bi/trillion dollars corporations... detroit's future looks alive, again.

BoredEE
09-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Looks too "emotional" robocop films are supposed to be witty and visceral not emotional

Also the first few seconds of the trailer look like they were stolen from Dredd

Hell the black paint job even makes him look like Dredd

blksylv
09-06-2013, 10:28 PM
i believe it is pg13....

Felipe
09-06-2013, 10:59 PM
His arm/hand bugs me :0/

Matej
09-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Yet another remake?

revat619
09-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Another tech savy, mind numbing, 2 hours of shoot em up awesome. I'm sold. lol

If you guys are really hoping for plot depth in a remake, you're kidding yourselves. The original RoboCops were cheesy and lame and you know it. AND we loved every bit. This will be the same....only with better special effects and costume design. I actually like the idea of him being more human in this one and the "emotional" aspect of it. Lets be real, its a lot more plausible than the original with him surviving ROUNDS of close range shotgun and handgun shells, being twiddled down a carcass and then basically being transformed into a robot with a face who's only humanity consists of short vine-like video play backs that HE himself cant even make sense of.

7x13
09-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Another tech savy, mind numbing, 2 hours of shoot em up awesome. I'm sold. lol

If you guys are really hoping for plot depth in a remake, you're kidding yourselves. The original RoboCops were cheesy and lame and you know it. AND we loved every bit. This will be the same....only with better special effects and costume design. I actually like the idea of him being more human in this one and the "emotional" aspect of it. Lets be real, its a lot more plausible than the original with him surviving ROUNDS of close range shotgun and handgun shells, being twiddled down a carcass and then basically being transformed into a robot with a face who's only humanity consists of short vine-like video play backs that HE himself cant even make sense of.

Sounds about right...:rolleyes:

exitspeed
09-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm a HUGE Robocop fan. Thee first movie is in my all time top 5 favorite movies. The only movie I've seen more is probably Top Gun (ok probably Coming to America, but those are both on TV all the time). I'm really looking forward to the statue going up in Detroit since I go there every year on Man-Cation.

The original was amazing because of it's political satire and it's not giving a fuck, over the top violence. The acting was quite good as well.

I've wanted to see a remake or new sequel forever and was pumped when they announced it. Since then and up until this trailer I was really getting bummed out by a few things. One being PG13. Another is how much different the plot is compared to the original. Shit Detroit is in 10000000x worse shape now then it was in the late 80's in many ways. And of course the suit. A bare hand? Really? And why does it need to be black? Let's just admit that the color of the original costume is about as fucking cool as shit gets.

However since the trailer was released my mind is changing again. It actually doesn't look like it's going to completely suck. I mean sure, it has plenty of potential to be terrible, but the trailer does a good job convincing me it might not.

We shall see.

surge s14
09-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Ill buy that for a dollar!

i hope all the awesome in movie commercials still come back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl8mQhxhE_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39o6eSI06Y

Corbic
09-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah... fuck that noise.

mIHcB1n0qCM

The original was a billion times darker and more hard core from the looks of that preview. I also can't stand the new black armor. It takes out a lot of the "bulky - robotness" of it. The visor looks like tron and the flesh hand just pisses me off too.

I also don't like the over emphasis of the wife and kid and the "oh he's paralyzed". The originals "he a corpse, we can do as we please" and then he get's his memories back was so much better.

Also, the scene were he realizes he's alive, but then decides to tell his wife he's dead so she can move on... touching. This movie looks like some hack job garbage... and since Jackson's in it, you know it's a joke.

Felipe
09-09-2013, 10:08 PM
The only flesh robocop had was his face... And that was just to accomodate him

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/robocop_2/robocop2_04_machine.jpg

Matej
09-09-2013, 10:21 PM
It is nice of them to keep his face attractive in this new movie. For the ladies.

Felipe
09-09-2013, 10:25 PM
It is nice of them to keep his face attractive in this new movie. For the ladies.

Im guessing his hand is for the ladies too :snoop: lol

Matej
09-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Im guessing his hand is for the ladies too :snoop: lol
His hand is for holding his purse.

chato de shamrock
09-10-2013, 10:43 AM
If Kurtwood Smith isn't going to be sticking his foot up someone's ass, I'm not watching.

conrad_s13.5
09-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Better have an acid bath death,....just sayin

2muchboost
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Well they seem to have destroyed yet another great movie.....they need to STOP remaking movies overall lol. Very few movies work out better the second time around.

exitspeed
09-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Well they seem to have destroyed yet another great movie.....they need to STOP remaking movies overall lol. Very few movies work out better the second time around.

A remake doesn't destroy the original movie.

andisan
09-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I hated how slow the original robocop was, it made no sense since it was a suit to make him a better cop, slow is not better, but it looks like in the new one, robocop moves a bit more faster and natural

Corbic
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
A remake doesn't destroy the original movie.

I think he means they took a great story and concept and fucked it all up.

revat619
09-12-2013, 12:15 AM
I hated how slow the original robocop was, it made no sense since it was a suit to make him a better cop, slow is not better, but it looks like in the new one, robocop moves a bit more faster and natural

THIS.

I seriously can't believe how much you guys are bitching about this! LOL It's not like the original was some Oscar award winning masterpiece. Yes it's a cult classic. Yes i thoroughly enjoy watching it ANY and EVERY TIME it's on, but lets be real the film is cheesy as fuck and the acting in it is terrible. The movie made no sense and like andisan said, he was slow as hell which made his "ass kicking" ability even less plausible, but we enjoyed the hell out of it because it was fucking entertaining. Plot depth? get real. :rolleyes:

The new one has a weak plot? Dudes, be honest, this new one makes a hell of a lot more sense plot wise than the old one and you know it. Yeah the suit looks different....as it should. It'll be 2014 not 19 80 fucking 7. My ONLY problem with this remake is that it's PG-13. I'm sure i'll still be entertained, but just not as much so as if it were an R rating.

What has you guys so bothered? Seriously, i'm not being facetious. I really don't get what the big deal is.

Maikeru5
09-12-2013, 12:31 AM
As a modern day rendition, it looks like it could be good.

Kallixtos
09-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I've been excited to see this since it was announced. One of my favorites growing up. Murphy/RoboCops face always creeped me out, kinda like when Darth Vader took off his helmet. Damn! That foo was ugly :D

blksylv
11-07-2013, 04:05 PM
xPLSpmAtc1Q

Bobafreak
11-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I just want them to make a beverly hills cop movie. Just like F&F m sure ill go watch this movie as well. Was this filmed in Detroit as well?

exitspeed
02-15-2014, 06:17 AM
RoboCop was actually pretty damn good. There were some things I would have liked to be different but overall I wasn't disappointed at all. The main issue I with it looking back is there should not have went PG13. We were there at the 8pm show and there was not a single 13-21 year old kid in there ie the audience they were hoping to get wasn't there. At least at my showing. It was all 30+ year old people. I don't want to spoil too much. I'd give it a 7/10.

PS the original Robocop is my #3 favorite movie of all time. I was excited for the remake but had low expectations.

Future240
02-15-2014, 08:06 AM
RoboCop was actually pretty damn good. There were some things I would have liked to be different but overall I wasn't disappointed at all. The main issue I with it looking back is there should not have went PG13. We were there at the 8pm show and there was not a single 13-21 year old kid in there ie the audience they were hoping to get wasn't there. At least at my showing. It was all 30+ year old people. I don't want to spoil too much. I'd give it a 7/10.

PS the original Robocop is my #3 favorite movie of all time. I was excited for the remake but had low expectations.

I don't get why they made it pg13 either. 20 year olds problem don't remember rococop. I'm glad it's good. I definitely need to see this. I've watched the original countless time.

future
02-15-2014, 09:58 AM
I heard the same, that it was decent. I choose to watch lone ranger instead yesterday

fliprayzin240sx
02-16-2014, 05:19 AM
So should I waste a trip to go off base in Doha to watch this or should I just sleep in on my day off and rub one out?

exitspeed
02-16-2014, 05:23 AM
It's not a waste of time. Go check it out.

blasting_speed
02-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Saw it on Saturday.

Its not bad.

Its a terrible RoboCop movie. Just awful but its an okay action movie.

I don't recommend it.

blasting_speed
02-16-2014, 10:30 PM
It's not a waste of time. Go check it out.

Right. Its not a waste of time. If you enjoy watching trailers in a movie theater.

FRpilot
02-16-2014, 10:37 PM
The plot is okay for what it is, but like other movies forced to a PG13 rating when their franchises were originally rated R (Terminator, AVP, Die Hard, etc) it felt like it was missing something.

I mainly wanted to watch it for the updated visuals and nostalgia (putting in the ED209s and robocop theme music were nice touches) and didn't think it was going to top the original, so I got what I was expecting.