PDA

View Full Version : im going to get yelled at but WHAT ARE EXCELLENT FITTING S14.5 FENDERS

jjjawberg
09-04-2013, 06:37 PM
BEFORE YOU YELL AT ME FOR THE "SEARCH" BUTTON READ BELOW

i have searched and searched for CURRENT reviews i have found a few but nothing final. what i'm looking for in a solid review on someones fenders.

what i have is s14 fenders and s15 fenders both metallic. i looked up specs to cut and weld them however it is a lot of money and i would rather buy good fitting conversion fenders. so the question is which ones!
masa
origin
inner circle
ebay.?

please help me out i know where to get everything im again, just looking for some good reviews

brndck
09-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Masa.
But good luck finding em.

jjjawberg
09-04-2013, 06:42 PM
i found some on rhdjapan.com is that trusted? yes they aren't the metal they are FRP

59bhp
09-05-2013, 02:12 AM
yeah ive looked and looked and from what i can tell everybody has had fitment issues with all of the frp fenders at some point, masa, origin, chargespeed, etc

im in the same boat and going to order chargespeed ones as they seem the most readily available (and what what i can gather there about as bad as the others for fitment)

honestly you would be better of welding your metal fenders together (i cant with mine as there is no front cross member / slam panel to use as a datum......well i could but it would be difficult).

Maikeru5
09-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Origin are usually pretty good. Chargespeed are usually amazing but $$$.

And I've ordered from RHDJapan on many occasions and never had a single issue. Great customer service and fast shipping.

jjjawberg
09-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Why do some frp fenders fit prefect and other fenders fit like crap, if they use the same molding?

Mikester
09-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Why do some frp fenders fit prefect and other fenders fit like crap, if they use the same molding?

Because before 'fitted' to a car, said FRP molded fenders are exposed to temperature changes, sitting in funky positions in boxes etc...

No matter whether you get Origin, Chargespeed... Hell- even Vertex; they will still need to be 'adjusted' to the car when installed if you want them to really look good- no getting around it.

brewster240
09-05-2013, 07:23 AM
chargespeed have awesome fitment.

better than some of the metal fenders.

jjjawberg
09-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Because before 'fitted' to a car, said FRP molded fenders are exposed to temperature changes, sitting in funky positions in boxes etc...

No matter whether you get Origin, Chargespeed... Hell- even Vertex; they will still need to be 'adjusted' to the car when installed if you want them to really look good- no getting around it.

Makes sense, its just a pain in the ass because I dont want to spend 1200$ on cutting fenders and mess it all up. Does anyone know a reliable fabricator?

Mikester
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Makes sense, its just a pain in the ass because I dont want to spend 1200$ on cutting fenders and mess it all up. Does anyone know a reliable fabricator?

Any reputable body shop can handle this.

BossHogg
09-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Because moldings go bad. And shit companieslike the ones mentioned use them a 100 times to save money. Top notch shops that hand lay stuff usually use a mold 10 times before discarding and making a new mold. Which is why jun and the likes are super expensive. But you see why once you receive the product.

jjjawberg
09-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Because moldings go bad. And shit companieslike the ones mentioned use them a 100 times to save money. Top notch shops that hand lay stuff usually use a mold 10 times before discarding and making a new mold. Which is why jun and the likes are super expensive. But you see why once you receive the product.

What would you recommend as a top notch shop?

sidewaysil80
09-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Truth be told, AIT Bmagic have honestly been some of the greatest fenders I've used. I've ordered them a couple times when I was in a pinch. They were on par with my Chargespeeds. Origins were shit for me as well as version select. I've had excellent fitment with Dmax, but along with Masa...good luck finding them.

Stefans13silvia
09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I have some s14.5 conversion fenders bolt it right on the chassis oh it's 20mm wide

jjjawberg
09-11-2013, 09:34 AM
I have some s14.5 conversion fenders bolt it right on the chassis oh it's 20mm wide

what kind?