PDA

View Full Version : HELP! weird noise come out of inside car (Not Engine)

manny(ΣAE)
09-04-2013, 08:58 AM
This noise just started today and im not sure what it can be. I checked to see if it was coming out of the motor but couldnt hear it at all only when your inside the car. has anyone had this noise and if so could you help me fix it, its getting really annoying.
here is a clip of the noise
IMG_0786_zpsd459a666.mp4 Video by manuel163055 | Photobucket (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/manuel163055/media/IMG_0786_zpsd459a666.mp4.html)

Frank_Jaeger
09-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Whatever it is, it's groovy.

Tristan Barton
09-04-2013, 02:56 PM
My 91 hatch sounds like it's falling apart, the video clip wouldn't open but it might be a similar issue. There's a heavy mechanical clunking in the rear end almost whenever there's no load on anything and when turning. Also during the clunk and turning the gears will grind. So something is getting bumped out of alignment. Could it just be destroyed subframe bushings? My diff is welded but I don't think that's the issue.

idlafie
09-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Sounds like it might be the plastic gear,(s) on the vent doors for your heater / A/C. Those gears go bad after several years of use and start making that noise when they go bad. Play with the buttons on your Heater / A/C panel & see if the noise goes away while switching vent functions.

If you pull up the dealer parts listing for the heater / A/C unit there are like 2 or 3 motors on the unit. You'll have to figure out which one is bad. Last time I checked, (couple of weeks ago), one of those motors was discontinued & no longer in stock, (blower bi-motor door on the left side by the gas pedal). Someone mentioned that you can replace the gears by carefully taking apart the motor housing and going to a R/C car hobby shop & buying the gears from there. Don't know if anyone's did a writeup showing how to perform the repair - would be nice if they did & somebody posted the link - I'm still looking for it. I have the same issue but haven't had the chance to get under the dash to repair it.

Anyhow, hope this helps....

ID

manny(ΣAE)
09-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Sounds like it might be the plastic gear,(s) on the vent doors for your heater / A/C. Those gears go bad after several years of use and start making that noise when they go bad. Play with the buttons on your Heater / A/C panel & see if the noise goes away while switching vent functions.

If you pull up the dealer parts listing for the heater / A/C unit there are like 2 or 3 motors on the unit. You'll have to figure out which one is bad. Last time I checked, (couple of weeks ago), one of those motors was discontinued & no longer in stock, (blower bi-motor door on the left side by the gas pedal). Someone mentioned that you can replace the gears by carefully taking apart the motor housing and going to a R/C car hobby shop & buying the gears from there. Don't know if anyone's did a writeup showing how to perform the repair - would be nice if they did & somebody posted the link - I'm still looking for it. I have the same issue but haven't had the chance to get under the dash to repair it.

Anyhow, hope this helps....

ID

Thanks that was it

dbeiler
09-06-2013, 04:29 AM
For part number and instructions, go here http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/197909-clicking-noise-climate-control.html