PDA

View Full Version : "eBay Safe Harbor Security Test" email

Pepperoni
05-13-2004, 05:47 PM
I just got an email with the subject title "eBay Safe Harbor Security Test." It's masked with the "real" ebay email, but that's easy to do. Anyway, the email is basically saying to input your info in order to keep your account updated. This email looks a bit fishy because it's asking for both your ebay password and email password. I highly doubt it's real, so look out.

I intentionally just clicked the submit button (without putting any info) and it takes you to a completely non-ebay website (blank), and then just quickly redirects you to ebay's home page.

Pepperoni
05-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Oops forgot why this is important. If it's a fake email, they (whoever "they" is) could start bidding on a bunch of stuff, and probably get your credit card info and all that.

Ghettokracker71
05-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Damn. Thats really not cool !! Thanks for the heads up,I'll keep my eye out for it.

Pepperoni
05-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah I just looked into it again (at the HTML) and apparently all the information is sent to "[email protected]". This is DEFINITELY not ebay. Someone should send a few thousand "passwords" to this email addy...;)