PDA

View Full Version : Pintle cap installation

s13_whoa
08-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Heres what I got, it came in the mail today. I wanna do this tomorrow, anyone got step by step on how to install. Ima first timer messin with the fuel injectors and rail so detailed instructions would be really helpful plus im not tryna break the caps they're pretty fragile

milto0n
08-28-2013, 09:42 PM
I bought these and the only way I was able to put it on is to kind of just push it in. Like be careful as possible but use a little elbow grease to pop it in. I used pliers. Good luck.

ariansworld
08-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I used a tool socket. Just get a socket that will fit the cap perfect, put the socket on a table or flat surface, then get the injector and put the cap on and push down on the socket. That's how I did it. Works fine.

s13_whoa
08-28-2013, 11:11 PM
I used a tool socket. Just get a socket that will fit the cap perfect, put the socket on a table or flat surface, then get the injector and put the cap on and push down on the socket. That's how I did it. Works fine.

I was planning on leaving the injectors on the rail and just tryna put em on that way. I heard it was a pita to take those off and im not tryna do any harm.

lok
08-30-2013, 12:29 PM
You cant install them with the injectors in the rail.

s13_whoa
08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
You cant install them with the injectors in the rail.

Yeah i know that's what im planning on doing but i want someone who has experience with putting em on give me the best step by step way to do so.

GeneStarWindGSW
08-30-2013, 04:52 PM
I had a friend of mine copy the tools made by this guy and its been a breeze ever since for me.

Shop Made Tools - Page 80 (http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/39202-Shop-Made-Tools?p=633963#post633963)

240sxfan6882
08-30-2013, 05:18 PM

I did this. Works well and no caps broke.

allenms240
08-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Taking them out of the rail isn't a PITA. It's easy, just take them out, and use your thumb to pop the caps on. Be sure to inspect the o-rings before you put them back, and use some grease to re-install them.

GeneStarWindGSW
08-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Taking them out of the rail isn't a PITA. It's easy, just take them out, and use your thumb to pop the caps on. Be sure to inspect the o-rings before you put them back, and use some grease to re-install them.

i've had a few seize/deteriorate the seals so it was impossible to pull without breaking/stripping the plastic.