PDA

View Full Version : Question about steering angle s13 hatch

89hatchman
08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
So I know the ways you increase angle are tie rods, tie rod spacers, modded knuckles, and maybe extended lower control arms?

But I'm running stock everything up front with the exception of the caster tension rod. 215/45R17 tires with 25+ offset wheels. About -4 degrees camber

My problem that I'm having is that at full lock it gets real close to the frame and when I spin out the wheels turn a little further and I can actually hear the wheel rubbing against the frame.

How do I get more angle and clear the frame? I was thinking higher offset wheels or spacers. Extended lower control arm and adjust my coilovers to a more positive camber.

Once I do that I can go ahead and get aftermarket tie rods and weld the knuckle and see increases in steering angle?

Drift_FX
08-17-2013, 09:44 AM
your question is much more suited for this thread....

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/296725-roll-center-suspension-pickup-steering-angle-modification-thread.html

just get some s14 tie rods, and extend your FLCA, and then you will be ready for modded knuckles, which is what you really need if you plan on drifting..... but just read through the thread above it will awnser all your questions much more in depth.....