PDA

View Full Version : Is this weird? (Car Dealership)

StryfeS13
08-16-2013, 04:29 PM
I am buying a pre-owned car today, and it is in Sacramento at a dealership(not family owned, a real legit dealership.)

Since I am driving from Fresno, the salesman said he can meet me in Modesto and if I'm interested he can sell me the car right then and there (i already qualified for financing.)

Is this normal? I have never heard of a dealer meeting people away from the dealership.

Bambi
08-16-2013, 04:31 PM
I am buying a pre-owned car today, and it is in Sacramento at a dealership(not family owned, a real legit dealership.)

Since I am driving from Fresno, the salesman said he can meet me in Modesto and if I'm interested he can sell me the car right then and there (i already qualified for financing.)

Is this normal? I have never heard of a dealer meeting people away from the dealership.

I've never heard of that, ever. I've only heard of/seen/done deliveries for customers who can't pick up the car but have already paid. But not handle a sale somewhere outside the dealership.

StryfeS13
08-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Weird.

I am approved for financing of the vehicle and have already agreed on a down payment for it. It's a legit dealership, and I have verified that the sales man is real haha. It's Roseville Volkswagen.

zerodameaon
08-16-2013, 06:55 PM
He must be desperate for a sale.

drift freaq
08-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Business is slow and he wants the sale. Plain and simple. Dealerships drive cars all over the state sometimes to get sales. I used to deliver cars from one dealership to another and pick cars up. Its all about getting the customer the car they want. In this case the dealership wants to make the sale, so he is willing to deliver.
What he will do is pick you up and drive back to Roseville with you and the car close the deal and you drive the car home.

S14DB
08-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Volkswagen.

A lot of the European brands will even drive the car to your house. Sign the papers on you dining/coffee table. Then have another employe pick them up.

It's becoming more common again due to internet buyers. The deal is basically done all online or phone. Person doesn't want to to usually go to the dealership(that's why they shopped online).

Let me guess you saw the car online and contacted them online?

bc.
08-16-2013, 07:49 PM
I think if you don't want it, he will try to guilt trip you by saying "I drove all the way down here, blah blah blah"

theronin
08-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Weird.

I am approved for financing of the vehicle and have already agreed on a down payment for it. It's a legit dealership, and I have verified that the sales man is real haha. It's Roseville Volkswagen.

That's where I get my GTI serviced! Very good dealership. Never heard of a dealership doing that but not surprised. Roseville VW is the shit.

StryfeS13
08-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Well I went ahead and went through with it.

Two employees drove down, we signed the papers in buffalo wild wings, i took my new car and left, then they drove back in their dealership GTI.

theronin
08-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Well I went ahead and went through with it.

Two employees drove down, we signed the papers in buffalo wild wings, i took my new car and left, then they drove back in their dealership GTI.

Ok.... so what did you get???

soundboy
08-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Jetta. Maybe

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

deolio
08-17-2013, 08:23 PM
my gf bought a car a few months ago and her stepdad was her cosigner on her loan, but he couldn't get to the dealership (roseville hyundai) so we drove up to chico with the salesman to get the signature and then drove all the way back haha. dudes are desperate these days.

Trinidrift3
08-29-2013, 08:26 PM
late reply, but it's normal. i work for a BMW dealer. I do it all the time. I've driven from Manhattan to Boston with a car to bring to a customer and sign him up at his house. it's normal. don't sweat it, keep a large time slot open bc its hard for them to get there at an exact time. and tip him well, it'll make his day lol