PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE: Forum scammers using Zilvia e-mail reply

FaLKoN240
08-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Got this email from Zilvia.net about my WTB ad.

This is a message from js2u2 at Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum ( http://zilvia.net/f/ ). The Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email js2u2, you can use this online form:
http://zilvia.net/f/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=161402

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Let me know via email if you still need the S14 Sideskirts.

[email protected]

This user name that he used to email me from does NOT exist on the forum.

I looked it up using the community list.

I humored him to see what he had to offer, and he replied with this:

Hi,

I have a good pair of s14 sideskirts in good condition as seen in the attached photos. I'm asking $200 shipped. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer and shall accept payment via Western union or Money gram as my PayPal is dormant. What's your shipping address?

thanks,
Jan.

I asked him why his account name didn't show up in the member list, and if he had any friends I could paypal instead, he replied with,

Hi,

I do understand your concern and I also would be careful too but I am just a retired man of over 65yrs of age and I have been honest and sincere in all my financial dealings and life endeavors. I will never rip-off your hard earned money as I work hard for every penny I earn.

I would have loved to you use paypal but my paypal account us currently dormant at the moment. I have used money gram and never had any problems before. You have nothing to worry about as money gram would need a valid id and a recently paid utility bill carrying my home address so payment can be traced if anything goes wrong.

thanks,
Jan.

I mostly replied and dealt with these scammy ass emails because the pics he sent me were of what I was looking for and I am pretty desperate, but I didn't want to get scammed out of my hard earned money. I knew it was fake once he said he was 65 years old blah blah blah.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Beware anyone that tries to email you, and wants to deal with transactions other than using paypal.

soundboy
08-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Whoaaa

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

iamtheyi
08-15-2013, 11:22 AM
lol. Next level scamming tactics.

az_240
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
I've been getting these for a while with the WTB section. I just don't reply to any zilvia emails period.