PDA

View Full Version : Road rash

morpheus8486
05-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Well the other day I got my first real taste of road rash. I was at an early morning meeting at work and one of my friends brought a little 80cc dirt bike with in the back of his truck. After the meeting we unload it and he takes it for a spin. He comes back to the parking lot and hops off and asks if I want to ride it. I've had experience with a 100cc dirk bike before so I figured I should be able to handle an 80. He mentioned there was a powerband, but being the tough guy I am, I didn't think much of it. I hop on pop it in first and pull out of the parking lot. So I let her eat. I made it through 1st gear fine, then I shift into 2nd. Enter the powerband. The front wheel lifts up and next thing I know I'm sliding on the pavement. I got some bad road rash on my left forearm and left side, and some on my hands. Other than that I had no other injuries that I know of. I came home all and told my parents what just happened and went down to the clinic to get cleaned up. Tetnis shot and everything. After that I went back to work. Fun day. And as far as I know the bike rolled away with less damage than I did. haha. I guess I'll know what to expect now the next time I try riding a bike with a powerband. I figure this is just practice for my street bike racing career with Ducati :naughty: Yeah, road rash sucks though. Anyways, that's my story.

itslogics
05-09-2004, 11:43 PM
hehe Hop on pop, I personaly would go for the Hayabusa. But sorry to hear that man. Hey at least you didn't get hurt that bad.

M.Piedlourde
05-10-2004, 07:49 AM
hehe Hop on pop, I personaly would go for the Hayabusa. But sorry to hear that man. Hey at least you didn't get hurt that bad.

Hayabusa. A friend of mine owns one. He's a big fan of powerful, heavy sportbikes (his first bike was a Katana, surprise surprise). Very fast going straight. Oink oink!