PDA

View Full Version : Chassis

Theworm
08-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I've seen plenty of dead posts relating to stitch welding and fabrication. Though none of them actually assisted me in answering the questions I had. I guess my first question is, how do engineers/fabricators know where to add dimpled piece (i.e. above the A pillars between a roll cage) and to strengthen the car. How can you tell where you need to actually need to stiff the body? Secondly, I've seen debates on inch stitch welding and spot welding. This is more opinion unless proven by some legit documentation that one is better than the other. Am I correct in assuming this is more preference?

Please no flaming, this is a debate/conversation.

Croustibat
08-06-2013, 03:18 PM
It is a job. Called fabricator, on the actual work side, and structural integrity engineer on the theoretical side.

Given both take years to learn, i fail to understand what exactly you want to achieve here ?

Theworm
08-07-2013, 07:07 AM
The ability to do this on my own and to understand the processes on my own (And taking from other peoples experience). Apparently my first paragraph/post wasn't to clear. Maybe I need to go else were and ask these questions.

sleepyS14se
08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
this should be in the fabrication section for better results.

if i could help you i would but i am not experienced with stitch welding a chassis..i can weld like hell but have never done stitch welding (to strengthen a chassis)

Theworm
08-08-2013, 08:28 AM
I can see your point of being in the fabrication section, but I wanted to stay more toward chassis and rigidity. I feel this post is best for both section in the forums. But either way, no ones answering the questions just pointing out random issues (which don't really matter).

sleepyS14se
08-08-2013, 10:03 AM
^ i see your point