PDA

View Full Version : Trans Grinding KA DE

Driftwire
08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
My Ka Trans will grind when getting out of a gear or going into a gear and sometimes if im holding the clutch pedal down at a light it will just AHDAKFAHDSASD as if the clutch said "F you" and just drops or something. Sounds like a syncro grind but i dont know what could be wrong. Any1 have any idea? I will try to get a video of the noise when the rain stops..:rant:

m_240sx
08-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Release bearing?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Driftwire
08-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I dont know how to check it

awgdawg
08-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Could be clutch slave cylinder. My civics was going bad and it would do shit like that. Check the clutch fluid and see if the problem gets better if you pump the clutch a couple times. If the fluids not low it could still be the slave.

Driftwire
08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Brand new slave was put on and only has 250 miles on it

sleepyS14se
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
My Ka Trans will grind when getting out of a gear or going into a gear and sometimes if im holding the clutch pedal down at a light it will just AHDAKFAHDSASD as if the clutch said "F you" and just drops or something.

this made me lol so hard....ahdhsdgrrkksd sound? LMAO

you may have a bad synchro

Wookie384
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Wait so when you hold the clutch pedal down at a light with the trans in gear, it will drop the clutch? Check the slave and master cylinders to see if they are working properly, try bleeding it again. How is the clutch engagement? Is it at the top or bottom? If the slave and master cylinders are good and the clutch engages at the top it just may be the clutch taking a shit.

Driftwire
08-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Okay its sorted. The flywheel had 2 loose bolts on it. Also put new T/O bearing, clutch and pressure plate all in and she shifts like a buttered biscuit with some gravy. Slippity Slidin. Thanks guys for all the support.