PDA

View Full Version : Koreatown: Nissan GT-R sought in fatal hit and run

ViciousCesar!
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
"Graphic, disturbing video of the hit-and-run death of an elderly bicycle rider in Koreatown was released this week by the LAPD (see it at the end of this post).

The 90-year-old victim, Joo Yoon, died at a hospital shortly after the April 27 collision, according to the LAPD. The dash-cam video was released with the hope that someone might be able to lead investigators to the distinctive car involved -- a Nissan GT-R -- or its driver:

It's a fairly rare, $100,000, 200-plus mile-per-hour car with a gray or gunmetal paint job and a white racing stripe that runs down the side, police say.

The collision happened at Virgil and Sixth Street about 5:10 a.m. The bike rider appears in the video to have crossed on a red light, and the driver seems to have hit the gas on a green light.

However, leaving the scene of such an accident can be a felony. The LAPD:

"The vehicle will have damage to the front bumper area and hood. A second vehicle of interest is a newer model possibly an Audi (Black or dark in color).
Suspect is described as a male Asian, about 25-Years-Old, black hair, brown eyes. His is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 180-190 pounds. The driver of the car did not remain at scene to render aid or to identify himself."

Know who either of these drivers might be? Have you seen a Nissan like that around? Call traffic detectives at 213-473-0222.

[Added at 2:36 p.m.]: We talked to a couple experts who told us the GT-R comes in a limited number of stock colors and this one appears to have one of them: Likely "gun metallic," "super silver 3-coat metallic" or just "gray."

What's more, those distinctive white stripes? They're just decals that "can be taken off in 10 minutes," one expert, who didn't want his name used for fear of alienating customers, said.

Of three Nissan GT-R-specific tuner shops in Southern California we called, none recognized this particular one.

One expert said it didn't to appear to have the kind of aftermarket body parts that could make it truly distinctive.

Another said detectives already called.

One thing is probably still distinctive about this coupe, however: It would have needed body work, and somebody could have seen it in a shop with the aforementioned damage."

Here is the video:
HfEeDpNniIw

erik05v
07-25-2013, 01:46 PM
How stupid can you be if it wasn't your fault why take off like that. He'll be caught that's for sure.

PeaceOnesxWai
07-25-2013, 03:56 PM
^True..

But if you drove a car at that price tag.. you would be suspiciously thinking this guy did it for a lawsuit. Noone would have though a stop and go that short can kill someone.

ghoti
07-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Meh...
I lived in K-town for a couple years. I have almost gotten hit many times just walking to school at the time. There's a bunch of bad drivers there. -.-

FaLKoN240
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
He would've been ok if he didn't run, but now it's a hit and run. He's fucked.

Bikes in California are supposed to follow traffic signals just like cars. That old man was in the wrong. Sucks he died.

tac 1
07-25-2013, 06:32 PM
I used to live right off of Olympic and western and people cant drive for shit! 2 of my friends got hit one time, walked away luckily with minor scratches. Not the same case though where I work (hit and run aswell). Pedestrian right of way doesnt exist in this place. You gotta wait, let cars pass the intersection and look left and right WHILE you're crossing.

DJ-of-E
07-25-2013, 09:13 PM
You gotta wait, let cars pass the intersection and look left and right WHILE you're crossing.

well no durrrrrr, self defense pedestrian because you don't have over 1 ton of metal to protect you.

Bad drivers exists, bad pedestrians exists, and accidents can happen even if you're a defensive driver.

FRpilot
08-02-2013, 05:02 PM
But if you drove a car at that price tag.. you would be suspiciously thinking this guy did it for a lawsuit.

Guy was stupid, but even if he was innocent you're probably right that he was loaded and would have got cleaned out in court. That's the only reason to flee.

slowjvms
08-02-2013, 07:07 PM
terrible

msg length

tootall4la
08-02-2013, 07:33 PM
People on bikes these days have to be vigilant ... I see Idiots on bikes thinking they are invincible... RIP to the old dude

chato de shamrock
08-03-2013, 01:33 AM
^^ People on bikes are idiots indeed^^

Especially those who roll their pants up to look like they're wearing women's capri pants showing off their ankle tattoos.

About three years ago I was driving home from work on Hollywood and Winona (just off Normandie) when I stopped at a ped cross walk to allow a man who seemed to be in his 70s+ walking with a 3, 4 yr old boy across the street. Some armo in his custom black beemer just speed right past me, easily going some 40mph, and came within 1.5, 2 feet from hitting the old man. Fuck that shit made me cringe and blow steam out my ears at the same time. Luckily the old man was holding and dragging along the kid. Had the kid decided to run ahead of the old man pulling on his hand...

I always thought that as a driver in California you were fucked if you hit anyone regardless of who's fault it was you'd at least have your license suspended.

s14SRguy
08-09-2013, 01:38 AM
^^^ in California your fucked no matter what you do. Illegal or not, ALL politician wants to make money off you. they have 7 pools to heat and 6 houses they need to live in. they get money in the form of taking away your license and making you pay to get it back because some old man wants to blow a do not cross. or making you smog your car every year because some dumbfuck politician thinks its okay to drive 8 gallon-a-mile lifted 4x4's and giant ass limos to dinner partys, but i cant drive a fucking turbocharged 4 cylinder.

Its jay-walking, and its illegal. If he didn't run, I'm sure the case would be thrown out when it comes down to it though, with that dash cam footage of course. light was green, and guy was going out of turn. 90 years is a long life, for someone of that age to be riding a bike at night....damn

My guess is he was DUI and it all happened so fast he just dipped. something about that video makes me think he was intoxicated or something. just the way he was driving.

old man clearly went out of his turn.

RIP and bless his soul, ill even pour out some 40oz for him, but honestly what that old man did is no different than someone blowing a red light and getting killed.

crosswalks have signals for a reason, as do traffic lights.
either way, you know someones keeping their gtr in the garage a good year or so.

lets get down to brass tacks though, either way, the driver should have stopped. its the law. in a situation like that, you better not take my ass in for OBEYING THE LAW.

K_style
08-09-2013, 07:38 AM
We all know most of Bicycle riders do not follow the traffic law in most cases but I think this person didn't notice the light change and ran through.

R.I.P

Hope this sends msg to other idiot bikers to follow the traffic law but I doubt that's ganna happen.

Besides, that guy/girl in GTR is a total idiot and he/she is FUCKED.

drift2010
08-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I can't believe the guy who has a videotape did not get the license number of that GTR? or at least tell the owner of that GTR to wait there until the cop came (because seems the passenger of the GTR approaching the victim), or get your phone and call 911, instead he was smoking his cigarette and walk back to his car. Stupid...!! SMH...

sw20>>s14
08-12-2013, 05:59 PM
So did they catch the fucker yet?

Akito86
08-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Bicycle riders??!?
Tell that to all these idiots in the IE that keep J-walking and not looking too see your coming
Not to point fingers but 90% are black guys thinking they are gangster enough that you will stop for their princess asses. That being said not everyone is like that and you should always follow speeds posted they are there so these things don't happen.
RIP older gentleman.

s14SRguy
08-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Bicycle riders??!?
Tell that to all these idiots in the IE that keep J-walking and not looking too see your coming
Not to point fingers but 90% are black guys thinking they are gangster enough that you will stop for their princess asses. That being said not everyone is like that and you should always follow speeds posted they are there so these things don't happen.
RIP older gentleman.

too true. i swear half of these fuckers just want to catch a lawsuit. I almost hit a middle aged mexican lady who started walking across the street (without a white hand signal, my light was green) over by mckinley and magnolia in home gardens. I started yelling shit out the window at her telling her how fucking stupid she is for almost dying right now.

also reminds me of a while back a riverside city cop was using his computer and some drunk lady ran into the street, not even looking, got hit and died or some shit.

Family said cop shouldn't have been using his computer
Cops said she shouldn't have been drunk in public and she never would have ran in front of a car.

joshchewuhh
08-14-2013, 08:05 PM
I like how no one went to check to see if the guy hit was okay. Even if this guy hit him and ran. Why didnt the asshole who witnessed it take the guy out of the middle of the street. He just casually smokes his cigarette. SMFH. Pisses me off

Akito86
08-14-2013, 11:28 PM
^^^ So true it's sad seems this society it's getting even more selfish looking out for them selves not aiding one another. I hope this changes because until (in general) your in a situation of need, ppl just ignore it pop a cancer stick on and look away... SHAMEFUL.

sw20>>s14
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd at least check on the person, but to avoid liability wouldn't touch them. That's the litigious society we live in today. Also, with no prior formal training, I think it's in the victim's best interest that they remain untouched. This is my policy for everything except drowning or being trapped in a fire (luckily no incidents have come up to test my stand).

08-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Any updates on this??