PDA

View Full Version : Help! Some mods/fixes and now running like sh*t

chi_weezy
07-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Guys, I'm hoping to get some help on this. I have a 97 kouki with an lq4/ls1 swap

Recently I replaced the spark plugs, o2 sensors, painted valve covers/brackets/coils, changed the main belt and pulley tensioner, and relocated the battery to the trunk. All interior stuff works perfect. I also by mistake unplugged one of the main ecu plugs while looking for the F3 plug for the digital dakota. It was a little difficult getting it back in. And I learned obvs this wasn't the correct route and found the f3 plug after that

Anyways, after all this is done, I go to start the car up for the first time in about 2 months. It turns over, starts for a split second and dies. Then again. But with a loud backfire. Same thing about 3-4 times. Sounds kinda shitty too

So then, I took that ecu plug back out and found one bent/compressed pin. I straightened it and plugged it back in but it still seemed to be further down than the rest

Did I fry the ecu somehow? Or could it be something else? I feel like an idiot and am hoping I don't need a new ecu and tune. Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks