PDA

View Full Version : Mazworx SR/VG kit Q.

Mikester
07-24-2013, 08:32 AM
I ordered the Mazworx SR/VG adapter kit recently. The only question I think I have left is whether or not the shifter will clear the S13 interior trim once relocated back & to the left per the instructions (http://www.mazworx.com/content/instructions/SR-VG%20Installation%20Instructions_2.pdf). The pics make it look hard to tell what gear they were taken in.

Thanks!

Mike

jr_ss
07-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Its most likely in 3rd gear in that picture Mike. I'll throw my trim on tonight for you to get an idea of what it looks like in all gears, if you'd like.

Mikester
07-24-2013, 11:20 AM
That'd be cool.. I don't need pics; just reassurance that it clears the trim. If not, I may give the Xcessive shortened bracket a try.

07-24-2013, 12:28 PM
If you get the xcessive bracket, things will be like stock. Lil experiment I tried about 3 years ago and worked like a charm

jr_ss
07-24-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm going to tell you to get the Xcessive bracket. The Mazworx one is going to be extremely close. When I shift into 2nd, mine hits the trim, but only when I pull back on it.

Mikester
07-24-2013, 03:38 PM
^^Thanks Glenn & [email protected]!

Just called Xcessive & verified it will indeed work with the Mazworx kit... Also pinged Mazworx to see if they can deduct the bracket and cover plate from my order (any savings helps at this point lol)

Mikester
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
OK I have one more silly question... Do I need to run the Z32 pilot bushing, or will the SR one that's already in there suffice?

jr_ss
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
The SR one will be fine.

fliprayzin240sx
07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Nissan pretty much uses the same pilot bearing on all their RWD cars.

Mikester
07-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Awesome! Even though the directions for the actual swap seem pretty straightforward, I'm thinking of doing a writeup that answers all these sillt questions I still found myself having to ask... I figure if I had them; then others may.

VizorS14
08-05-2013, 01:22 AM
anyone ever tried the zfever.com shortened shifter bracket for that swap?

Mikester
08-05-2013, 06:32 AM
anyone ever tried the zfever.com shortened shifter bracket for that swap?

I bought the Xcessive bracket (http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ONLINESTORE.html?cid=47&step=4&pid=111)- it got to my door 2 days after making payment; and Rich & Cassie's customer service is awesome. Got a couple other things from them in the past- nothing but good things to say about them. BTW, they do bell housing machining too (so you won't need flywheel spacer) upon request- They just don't advertise the service; but will beat or match Mazworx's price.

The order for my spare Z32 trans is with Z-fever. So far, I am not impressed with Doug's ethic. After ordering the tranny, I read a lot of bad reviews... and 2 weeks after making payment; it has yet to ship... but I got a really cute pic of it sitting on a pallet texted to me lol... whereas the 'original' spare tranny I ordered will be here Tuesday.

I personally would not recommend Z fever to anyone at this time. Maybe that will change.

VizorS14
08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
lol well that doesn't sound too promising then. wondering how they do, when it comes to oversea shipping then.

does xcessive manufacture a bracket for the VQ transmission?

Q.Smooth127
08-31-2013, 10:34 PM
Hmmm ... Machining the bell housin so we wouldnt need the flywheel spacer if you were to choose the xcessive kit ...
Now to ask which complete kit is better? Mazworx or xcessive? Be it i machine my vg trans for either application.

Mikester
09-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Hmmm ... Machining the bell housin so we wouldnt need the flywheel spacer if you were to choose the xcessive kit ...
Now to ask which complete kit is better? Mazworx or xcessive? Be it i machine my vg trans for either application.

Not sure which would be better. Both are great companies.

jr_ss
09-02-2013, 09:42 AM
My personal opinion and thoughts are why would anyone want to space rotating mass farther out on the crank plane? Goes against my reasoning and I personally wouldn't do it. I understand it's only a 1/2" but it doesn't sit well with me.

Mikester
09-02-2013, 02:48 PM
My personal opinion and thoughts are why would anyone want to space rotating mass farther out on the crank plane? Goes against my reasoning and I personally wouldn't do it. I understand it's only a 1/2" but it doesn't sit well with me.

Glenn, couldn't agree more...

His inquiry was because Xcessive will mill the BH to alleviate the need for the flywheel spacer- they just don't openly advertise that service (which they should lol) like Mazworx.

Tom N
09-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Glenn, couldn't agree more...

His inquiry was because Xcessive will mill the BH to alleviate the need for the flywheel spacer- they just don't openly advertise that service (which they should lol) like Mazworx.

I also don't like the idea of the spacer. I have no real proof it's a bad idea bit it sure seems like one.
If they will machine the BH and agree its a better choice than using a spacer then why wouldn't they advertise it. Seems odd.

Mikester
09-02-2013, 08:22 PM
^^Agreed... Didn't really ask Rich that question when he told me. At that point, I was already dead-set on the Mazworx kit; and only concerned as to whether the shifter bracket would work... but it's still good to know that they'll do it.