PDA

View Full Version : Suggested drift clutches

1320VR4
07-20-2013, 11:59 AM
I've got basically a stock SR20 with an fmic and some stupid bolt ons. What would really be a reliable clutch for drifting purposes? I keep seeing alot of debate on what people like. What is out there now that is really the best bang for the buck?

I also assume it would be beneficial to keep the stock flywheel as some engine momentum will likely help crack those rear wheels free of grip. no?

Matt

derass
07-20-2013, 12:08 PM
exedy stg 1 or stg 2 if youre going to be around 300 whp

stock flywheel will help keep the revs up when doing ebrake extension

jr_ss
07-20-2013, 02:48 PM
There are no "drift" clutches, only clutches rated for X hp/trq. Guesstimate what you think your power level is and wisely choose a clutch based off that guesstimate.

dawagarage
07-20-2013, 02:51 PM
There are no "drift" clutches, only clutches rated for X hp/trq. Guesstimate what you think your power level is and wisely choose a clutch based off that guesstimate.

saaaaaaame

xoxide
07-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Buy the best clutch you can afford.

I had a close to stock SR, but im running a comp stage 4 and couldnt be happier. Its pretty heavy, but it grabs super hard and doesnt start slipping (like a stage 1 or 2 would) once it heats up.

s13mikesr20
07-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Sr20de autozone clutch best clutch to see go boom

sorry ment sr16de works perfect will never slip

but on a serious note
stock flywheel
best pressure plate+clutch disc combo
I ran a exedy stage 4 shit was awesome

wifes car has a twin nismo super copper mix on a 350z trans by far most expensive clutch but the grab is unreal

tobroketobuildarealcar
07-21-2013, 04:42 PM
I have had two spec stage 3 sprung clutches and would recommend them to any one
You don't need any thing like a hyper single or twin disc

fliprayzin240sx
07-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Os Giken TS2B Clutch...

Matej
07-21-2013, 05:55 PM
In theory, the best clutches and flywheels for drifting would be ones that have good heat dissipation/resistance, so the hardest grabbing clutch that is the best for racing may not necessarily also be the best for drifting.
Thus if you plan to drift a lot and want your clutch setup to last as long as possible, it would probably be best to shy away from aluminum flywheels and organic material clutches.

white_lightning240
09-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I have the act heavy duty street strip kit full faced sprung disc rated for 370ft lbs tq it feels great not like kicking a brick wall haha

Mikester
09-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Os Giken TS2B Clutch...

^^^THIS^^^ with a Nismo slave cyl...

I have one and wouldn't trade it for all the rice in Asia!

The initial payout & rebuild are expensive- but what you get is a clutch that will support everything from stock to borderline terrifying tq.

Contrary to popular forum-lore... The OS clutches last just as long as any OEM clutch.