PDA

View Full Version : CA Los Angeles area, 85 Corolla GTS, hatchback, 20v, Levin, etc

NervGS
06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

Finally getting around to selling my 85 GTS hatchback. I purchased it a while back, and it sat in storage between 2008 - 2011 because of school and the 20v water pump started to leak. During 2011, I slowly started to throw money at it starting with a Silvertop 20v,Blacktop intake/ecu/wiring and the proper swap components (distributor relocation and 16v water pump), then exhaust, rear bumper, small engine add ons and suspension parts, I got it running at the end of 2011. I primarily used the car for autocrossing during 2012 up til now and have not driven it much on the street aside from occasionally putting around with it on the weekends every other week (I used to switch between this and my old Mini - but I use the Mini more now).

Here are the specs.

20 valve "silver top" block (timing belt replaced at swap, cams and front seals replaced).
"Black top" intake, ecu, and "kouki" wiring harness.
T3 Velocity Stacks.
TRD 4-1 exhaust manifold.
Custom 2 1/4" under diff exhaust.
SP-Tec distributor relocation kit.
RS Chita water line kit (uses 16v pump for easy replacement).
Koyo Radiator.
Modified silvertop airbox to cover the stacks.
Straight pipe.
Fuel pump replaced in 2011.

Tokico HTS all around.
Ground Control coil overs up front.
T3 NCRCA
TRD springs in the rear.
Tein camber plates.
T3 5-link & negative camber roll center adjusters.
OEM LSD.
MR2 manual rack with T3 donut.
Brake booster replaced in 2011.
Precedeo Demon Camber 15x7 +19 (F), 15x7.5 -5 (R).
Federali 595 RS-R 205/50/15 all around, fronts are bald.
Will include a pair of Dunlop Direzza DZ101 205/50/15.

Clean dashboard (no cracks!).
Sparco Sprint x 2.
Sabelt harnesses.
Autopower rollbar.
Levin early model front-end.
Damaged carbonfiberglass seibon hood.
OEM later model rear bumper.
Clearcorners.com modified LED corner lights (signal/parking).
Pioneer receiver.
Rear is gutted, but I have seats and side panels.

Some small miscellaneous spares sitting that I have dig around for

Clean title, 275K on chassis.
Registration was just renewed, SMOG was handled TODAY - so no worries about smog/title transfer.

Pictures are here: Corolla - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/7Q6vK)

I can take better pictures over the weekend if requested.

Cons: No a/c and heat, the hood was damaged when it came up on me during a drive thus cracking the windshield in the process (check pics), driver's side fender looks like crap, Levin headlights are mix and match, rear hatch leaks when introducing water to it a bit (needs new seals), sun roof is clearly rusted and refuses to work anymore. Wipers don't work since I used a kouki 20v harness on a zenki car (should be a simple rewire job).

The car was made to be driven on track/autox/canyon, not to be shown off, though I have put it into classic car shows for fun and people liked it for some reason (it was the only Japanese car there). I have put over 5K miles on the swap since I finished it at the end of 2011 and it has only given me one issue - when the ignitor went out at the end of November 2012 - it was replaced and has been running fine ever since. It can be used for a daily driver as it gets decent mileage at 25+ city/highway, though I recommend putting on an airbox and getting a more quiet exhaust. I have FULL records/receipts since I've owned the car, though I have done pretty much 99% of the work.

Here is the fuelly page for those interested: Corolla GTS (Toyota Corolla) | Fuelly (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/nervgs/corolla)

The reason for selling is I have out grown the car and am frankly tired of it. I own too many projects at the moment and have too little time, and am also thinking of moving.

6/29/13 Sold! Thanks everyone!

Thanks,

-glenn

NervGS
06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
The price is negotiable, and I am motivated to sell.

Also, I will consider trades for a bone stock 94-95 Miata + cash.

-glenn

ship2236
06-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Kool car man just saw this on 4ag a little while ago. Glws

ixfxi
06-23-2013, 10:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ftiPQTlh.jpg

I am interested in the silver car in the background. Please contact me.

NervGS
06-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I am sorry to inform you, the car was purchased 3 years ago by a man named Salam Abdul Nasim, he had the 3.2 stroker twin turbo engine swapped out (and destroyed for personal reasons - he thought it was cursed), and had a Tomei RB26 (stroked to 2.8, he said it was pushing excess of 500 rwhp) crate engine installed.

I usually try to loose complete contact with the buyers of whom I sell my previous owned cars to, but this had me intrigued, and he liked to update me about the modifications to the car anyways.

He had a custom cage installed, and also re worked all the suspension, put my RS Watanabe wheels on (I told him he should use TE37s, he refused) he said he wanted the car to push 200 mph on the 405.

Well, he reached that goal about 6 months ago, but not on the 405, but on the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro. Supposedly he was racing a twin turbo 355, his brother claims it was a bone stock 458 - I have no clue - during the race, the car caught fire and he spun out of control, and the Z flew off the bridge. That was the last I heard of it, Nasim's brother, family and members of his racing team Magnacore refuse to talk about the incident. I tried emailing Nasim himself, but he never responds, I was told he lost a leg and was partially brain damaged.

One interesting part about the car is that I had a friend run the vin # of the car to see what was up with it a couple of months after the incident, he said the car was a NON-OP status, which is strange since his brother showed me pictures of the charred remains of the car when they were pulling it up out of the ocean. It's impossible that they could rebuild from it.

-glenn

http://i.imgur.com/ftiPQTlh.jpg

I am interested in the silver car in the background. Please contact me.

AnthonysSilvia
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
one of my buddies just bought this car. fun car.

ixfxi
07-01-2013, 07:53 PM
still available? Please PM, I am interested...

Nikzilla
07-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I am sorry to inform you, the car was purchased 3 years ago by a man named Salam Abdul Nasim, he had the 3.2 stroker twin turbo engine swapped out (and destroyed for personal reasons - he thought it was cursed), and had a Tomei RB26 (stroked to 2.8, he said it was pushing excess of 500 rwhp) crate engine installed.

I usually try to loose complete contact with the buyers of whom I sell my previous owned cars to, but this had me intrigued, and he liked to update me about the modifications to the car anyways.

He had a custom cage installed, and also re worked all the suspension, put my RS Watanabe wheels on (I told him he should use TE37s, he refused) he said he wanted the car to push 200 mph on the 405.

Well, he reached that goal about 6 months ago, but not on the 405, but on the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro. Supposedly he was racing a twin turbo 355, his brother claims it was a bone stock 458 - I have no clue - during the race, the car caught fire and he spun out of control, and the Z flew off the bridge. That was the last I heard of it, Nasim's brother, family and members of his racing team Magnacore refuse to talk about the incident. I tried emailing Nasim himself, but he never responds, I was told he lost a leg and was partially brain damaged.

One interesting part about the car is that I had a friend run the vin # of the car to see what was up with it a couple of months after the incident, he said the car was a NON-OP status, which is strange since his brother showed me pictures of the charred remains of the car when they were pulling it up out of the ocean. It's impossible that they could rebuild from it.

-glenn

The devil Z...