PDA

View Full Version : EF9 civic drifting !? Looks legit to me.

ONYX S-13
04-30-2004, 02:45 PM
http://my.so-net.net.tw/s3sport323/cv4.wmv

I was wondering if that guy get a ton of flat spots in his tires... :coold:

*note* You might have to refresh the link in order for it to work.

nokeone
04-30-2004, 03:40 PM
old school...well somewhat..i dig it..

DRFT
04-30-2004, 03:52 PM
reposdttynhjffd

dnbwithweed
04-30-2004, 03:57 PM
sweeeeet! that some cool stuff! props to the lil civic that could

zenkiDori
04-30-2004, 04:11 PM
old video. FF still sucks.

SHIZ-IT
04-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Really nice :bowdown:

240Degrees
05-01-2004, 01:33 AM
nice. i dont mind FF cars drifting as long as it doesn't take over the majority.

millworkman
05-01-2004, 06:41 AM
it looks kind of funny, to twitchy.

gtrmonkey
05-01-2004, 10:08 AM
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

gtrmonkey
05-01-2004, 10:09 AM
FF is impossble to drift in. E-brake is cheating YO

russian
05-01-2004, 10:18 AM
no its not. if you dont use e-brake when going into a drift at all, your either very good (i doubt) or stupid (you need to to correct trajectory). :x: so TEchnically that civic is drifting, "ass dragging", whatever you wanna call it. :ugh:

DuffMan
05-01-2004, 10:38 AM
no its not. if you dont use e-brake when going into a drift at all, your either very good (i doubt) or stupid (you need to to correct trajectory). :x: so TEchnically that civic is drifting, "ass dragging", whatever you wanna call it. :ugh:

You dont have to be good to drift without ebrake, i do it all the time and i suck.

Ebrake is good for getting the car sideways farther before the turn than you could without it.

nokeone
05-01-2004, 01:21 PM

you're a fuckin moron...now go kill yourself or get some brains..do not return until you do so..the choice is yours...

knightrider
05-01-2004, 02:04 PM
how is it bs? i mean its a video, its showing you that its drifting, its a FF, so who cares, hes got skill, and his car is setup well. notice how skinny the rear tires are, less traction, hes doin pretty good.

MakotoS13
05-01-2004, 04:19 PM
how is it bs? i mean its a video, its showing you that its drifting

watched it for the second time, still no drifting. lots of controlled ebraking but not hide nor hair of ff drifting. part of drifting is the rear wheels pushing. FF cars do not have driving rear wheels, thus, they cannot drive EVER. skillful; yes. drifting; no. until the definition of automotive drifting or the laws of physics change i'll have to keep my opinion.

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

KOUKI KA-T
05-01-2004, 04:36 PM
watched it for the second time, still no drifting. lots of controlled ebraking but not hide nor hair of ff drifting. part of drifting is the rear wheels pushing. FF cars do not have driving rear wheels, thus, they cannot drive EVER. skillful; yes. drifting; no. until the definition of automotive drifting or the laws of physics change i'll have to keep my opinion.

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Whaaaaaa...? Last time I checked drifting started off as a form of blocking during racing. Since when do the rear wheels have to be the ones spinning in order to for a car to slide and block? FF cars cannot drive ever?? And wear the hell do the laws of physics come into all this?

You should take the feathers out then if it's not working....

zenkiDori
05-01-2004, 04:41 PM
drifting is just oversteer, looks like he had some oversteer going on there. it's still not as good as RWD tho, look at his corner exit speeds, not as fast as RWD.

ebraking is not cheating, yo. if that were true then all D1 drivers are cheaters.

you kids need to stop reading your pooper street and go out and actually try this. if you can't do better than that guy i'd say you have no room to talk. buncha desktop drifter ricers.

partyboy
05-01-2004, 05:52 PM
you know what guys i dont care but i stay true to nissan and i say civic's are like tampons, every pussy needs one! :ghey: drifting is a RWD thing!

partyboy
05-01-2004, 05:55 PM
and just like ZenkiDori said the civic was drifting just the fact its FWD doesnt mean it wasnt but all those kids act like they know everything! bunch of Ricers. your not alone Zenki :coolugh:

MakotoS13
05-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Since when do the rear wheels have to be the ones spinning in order to for a car to slide and block? FF cars cannot drive ever?? And wear the hell do the laws of physics come into all this?

You should take the feathers out then if it's not working....

did you even read my post completely? have another gander, take your time, and try to make more sense next time. perhaps elaboration would help a person in your dillema...

KOUKI KA-T
05-01-2004, 07:25 PM
did you even read my post completely? have another gander, take your time, and try to make more sense next time. perhaps elaboration would help a person in your dillema...

No genius, maybe you should. You state that drifting means the rear wheels must be pushing.....wrong. Drifting was a tactic that was used for blocking, a controlled slide that prevents other drivers from being able to pass you. So it doesn't have to be the rear wheels making the car "drift" a.k.a block. And you wrote that ff cars cannot "drive EVER" since they have no rear wheels pushing, yes you wrote "drive" and i was fucking with you.
Now are you saying that when the "real RWD drifters" are using the e-brake they are no longer drifting? They do use it quite frequently you know. They must be posers, you should go teach them how to drive.

MakotoS13
05-02-2004, 12:41 AM
i said part of drifting was the rear wheels pushing. try to keep things accurate, man. seccondly, you shouldn't use my words out of context if you're trying to prove some valid point. i wrote that FF cars do not have rear driving wheels thus they cannot drive EVER. meaning that the rear wheels cannot provide thrust, but perhaps i assumed you're reading comprehension level to be too high. my mistake. finally, i never said that crap about not using the e-brake so stop putting words in my mouth. try to fully understand what your replying to or at least control your urges to use scraps of posts to help fuel your own arguments, that's all.

congrats, we're back at square one... all this and i don't give two craps for drifting, eh, i give up.

AKADriver
05-02-2004, 12:44 AM
There's nothing like a fun video showing off some skillful driving and unique car setup to bring out the ignorant fanboys.

Any fool in a Mustang can stomp the pedal and power oversteer.

russian
05-02-2004, 01:19 AM
stop this gayness. :squintd: :bash:

kandyflip445
05-02-2004, 04:54 AM
There's nothing like a fun video showing off some skillful driving and unique car setup to bring out the ignorant fanboys.

:bow: AMEN!

theicecreamdan
05-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Drifting or not, its still pretty cool, and probably just as fun as "real" drifting.

aznpoopy
05-03-2004, 09:16 AM
stop this gayness. :squintd: :bash:

werd. if this is the video i'm thinking of; when i posted this months ago it was already the 3rd repost. the ff is / is not drifting argument was dead to start, so let it die.

gtrmonkey
05-03-2004, 09:55 AM
my 355 F1 is so fast at driftin YO It off the chain. ANd I don't use the e brake YO bitiz

ONYX S-13
05-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh dear..What have i started :duh:

Ghettokracker71
05-03-2004, 01:36 PM
my 355 F1 is so fast at driftin YO It off the chain. ANd I don't use the e brake YO bitiz

Somebody with your intellegence driving a 355 F1? :bs:

Real drifting or not....thats a cool vid

nokeone
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM

but this guy here..^^^ he LOVES the cock...

sykikchimp
05-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Drifting didn't start out as a form of blocking.. your an idiot.

{non-specific drifting rant :rant2: }
Every damn drifting thread turns into a "NO.. your wrong! THIS IS WHAT DR1fT1ing IS!..." :hahano: then they proceed to mouth off their opinion. This Hot Import Nights, wanna be a drift0r culture bullshit pisses me off. Just because you've been to ONE drifting event, and burned up A set of tires.. this has no bearing on your knowledge, skill, talent, or anything else. It does, however, appear to warp peoples senses of reality though. Once you've succesfully got the ass of your car to whip around a median at your local stop-light, :jerkit: you magically know all there is to know about ALL motorsports in general, included but not limited to: all racing history, tire theory, chassis setup, suspension geometry, thermodynamics, aerodynamics, volumetric efficiency, lighting, ad infinitum. FUCKING INTARN3T P0SERS!!!!!!!1111one :rl:
{/non-specific drifting rant} :madfawk:

aznpoopy
05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
holy crap... if it was old_s13, that would be one thing. but i don't think i've ever seen sykik rant before.

well said syk.

gtrmonkey
05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
YO Dawgs MY 355 F1 is off the chain bitches. Fuck You panda dude and Fuck who ever dises my F1

ONYX S-13
05-06-2004, 02:48 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p4d49b5e087f8779b390467d127a264d7/f9382b70.jpg

AKADriver
05-06-2004, 06:45 PM
FUCKING INTARN3T P0SERS!!!!!!!1111one

NO SHIT!

Drifting is another one of those things... there is a more or less specific, technical definition for what constitutes a "drift". But everyone has to add their own qualifiers, or make up their own criteria. "Sports car" is the same way. There's a dictionary definition for it, but people make up their own just to exclude cars they hate and include cars they like.

LEARN YOUR JARGON BEFORE YOU TALK SMACK.

drifting240sx
05-06-2004, 10:38 PM
ok look... i thought FF cant drift but after working at skip barber in laguna seca it is possible...WITHOUT E-BRAKE.... you wouldnt believe what the drive too... a bone stock neon r/t magnum 2.0..... stock suspension and stock engines... the one things that are changed are the tires... all you need is weight transfer... NO E-BRAKE NESSARY... you wouldnt beleive it either unless you get sideways on the corkscrew all the way threw.... so it could be done only if you know what you are doing

CustomS14A
05-07-2004, 11:47 AM
This is NOT DRIFTING THIS IS ASS DRAGGING, ASS DRAGGING, ASS DRAGGING,

nokeone
05-07-2004, 12:20 PM
This is NOT DRIFTING THIS IS ASS DRAGGING, ASS DRAGGING, ASS DRAGGING,

what's the difference?

AE86Deacon
05-07-2004, 03:49 PM

Depends on your definition of drifting...

Based on what true drifting is, then you're right.

But by the look of things, he's got it down in his FF.

MakotoS13
05-07-2004, 05:18 PM
can't believe i'm gettin into this again...

i've always understood drifting to be the rear wheels pushing the car while the front balance the power to keep the car sideways. that's the most non-technical way i can possibly describe my perspective. in that vid i see a guy that has mad control of his e-brake and is definately a good driver but i still don't consider it drifting for the above mentioned reasons. FF cars cannot maintain a drift for a prolonged period of time, thus, even if it was drifting it could never be as good as a FR drift.

my $.02

drifting240sx
05-07-2004, 09:28 PM
FF cars cannot maintain a drift for a prolonged period of time,

yes they can... well as i said above "with the right driver" i thought it wasint possible too... go to laguna seca and watch the drivers there... they will drift all the corners... even the corkscrew... without E-BRAKE... so believe it... even if you dont want to... try to ride with an instrutor at skip barber laguna seca

gtrmonkey
05-08-2004, 01:13 AM
can't believe i'm gettin into this again...

i've always understood drifting to be the rear wheels pushing the car while the front balance the power to keep the car sideways. that's the most non-technical way i can possibly describe my perspective. in that vid i see a guy that has mad control of his e-brake and is definately a good driver but i still don't consider it drifting for the above mentioned reasons. FF cars cannot maintain a drift for a prolonged period of time, thus, even if it was drifting it could never be as good as a FR drift.

my $.02
Thank you Dawg
This prove every thing
http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63649 http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54343&highlight=ff+drift http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2674&highlight=ff+drift hsdh (http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56376&highlight=ff+drift)

aznpoopy
05-08-2004, 10:41 AM
this topic was dead from the start and its totally pointless to argue over

:gives:
who
gives
a
shit

shift_stfu

russian
05-08-2004, 10:56 AM
:gives:
yea enough. Most rwd car owners from drift culture wont accept FWD. so shut your fucking cum-dumpster. just like was said STFU> :hahano:

stealthj
05-08-2004, 11:24 AM
lol if they think locking the rear wheels and letting it slide is drifting, then let them do what they wanna do lol