PDA

View Full Version : s13 coupe sr20det problems help

06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Ok so my car has been down for a good while and I need help getting it back to life..
I have ran in to multiple problems.
First of all my 10a fuse for my fuel pump keeps blowing out, only fuse it doesn't blow out is a 30a.
So then after that just to see if it will stay running I connected the jumper cables to start it up and it starts fine but as soon as I take off the cables it turns off..I already swapped out the alternator out for a new one and it does the same exact thing.

Also when I have it on the jumper cables I try to rev it up and it studders at about 4k rpm..

So now I'm just wondering if you guys had any insight on what I can do before I send it off to a shop where the costs will just keep piling up. Thanks..

06-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Bump bump bump!! Someone help

s13-LBC-562
06-11-2013, 02:25 AM
you may have a short somewhere in your fuse box or something is giving out way to much power.check all your wire to see if there any exposed wire

Twiglet240
06-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Id check and clean up (sandpaper/steel wool) every ground on the car. Then I'd take a look at the fuel pump wiring, make sure you disconnect the battery. Might want to follow the wires from the tank to the front and look for damage.

06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Ok, so most likely it is a short somewhere. So I guess its time to follow all of the wiring to find the short.
Because I took it to a shop and they wanted to charge me 1, 200 because they said the entire chasis needed to get re-wired. Was I getting over charged or does that even sound ballpark of what I should be getting charged for this.

Twiglet240
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Shops charge you 60 dollars an hour for labor. You can probably figure it out yourself. You can test wire continuity with a volt meter.