PDA

View Full Version : Any recommended wheel lug "fill and redrill" services in So. Cal?

REsuperOG
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Trying to source a shop that can redrill my 3 piece 4x100/114.3 wheels to 5x114.3 as I'd like to avoid the use of wheel adapters/spacers...

VRwheels won't do it, and I'm pending reply from Wheelflip. Any references would help me greatly. Thanks guys for your time!!

PeaceOnesxWai
06-07-2013, 04:00 PM
If you just have replica wheels then dont even bother redrilling them, they will crack.
If they are legit wheels, then your depreciating the value of them by drilling into it.

Also they look like ass when you see those uneven holes after you mount them, unless they have wheel caps over them like SSR Viennas.. those are the only rims I can think off that you should/can redrill

REsuperOG
06-07-2013, 11:35 PM
thanks for your input

ohhhh hell no on the replicas... i am offended!! LOL jk xP
yes my wheels have "concealing lug" caps so it'll hide some minor (i hope) imperfections...

another question... is it safe to redrill lug patterns professionally? would it weaken the structure of the rim, and should my peace of mind be threatened with spirited driving?

anyone who's done this to their "shoes" please chime in!!

dawagarage
06-07-2013, 11:51 PM
yes its safe. as long as the welder knows wtf he's doing, its safe to weld on anything.