PDA

View Full Version : just for kicks

hmooblis
04-28-2004, 01:43 AM
what would happen if you faked c.a.r.b stickers? this is a stupid idea but my stupid friend came up with this. lets say you bought a a 19 dollar intake from ebay then put an aem sticker and a fake but identical(correct numbers) carb sticker, would it work? has anyone tried this?

zenkiDori
04-28-2004, 03:27 AM
it very well could in a traffic stop if they cops check for that sort of thing. i dunno i live in CO and we don't have as strict regs. cops never look under the hood here, my car has never had a mirror under it or the hood popped at emissions either. i know some people that fake insurance cards, they fool cops during traffic stops because the cops aren't going to call your insurance CO and make sure your policy is still active, but you're fucked if you get into an accident. what you should really be wondering is what would happen if you got caught.

hmooblis
04-28-2004, 11:26 AM
im just talking about aftermarket parts. i'm not worried about insurance. you can save alot by doing this. ebay intakes work as well as name brand ones.

SilviaDriver
04-28-2004, 11:39 AM
what would happen if you faked c.a.r.b stickers? this is a stupid idea but my stupid friend came up with this. lets say you bought a a 19 dollar intake from ebay then put an aem sticker and a fake but identical(correct numbers) carb sticker, would it work? has anyone tried this?

been done. my bro did this.

he has an AEM cold air..but during raining season..he took it off and ran a cheap ebay intake

he emailed INJEN saying he bought their intake but lost the carb number...INJEN asked him for a pic of the intake to verify it and sent it back in..INJEN sent him a carb a couple days later

i bought a used INJEN intake for my car..but no carb came iwth it..so i emailed INJEN and asked them for one..and they sent me on..juss had to tell them wat kind i had

hmooblis
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
why injen? is it easier to get it from injen than aem? also, was it a sticker or just the number on paper?

nokeone
04-28-2004, 12:13 PM
no sir officer...this motor is CARB approved..see the sticker there...yup..:)

hmooblis
04-28-2004, 12:47 PM
this is off topic and been asked but what are the chances of getting water into your intake?

Ghettokracker71
04-28-2004, 01:46 PM
haven't gotten any water in my eBay short ram intake(works like a charm:D). a true CAI like the Injen CAE ? That I don't know.

SilviaDriver
04-28-2004, 01:53 PM
why injen? is it easier to get it from injen than aem? also, was it a sticker or just the number on paper?

becuz i did it first..and my bro saw how easy it was for me to get a carb sticker..so he did it too..it is a sticker

this is off topic and been asked but what are the chances of getting water into your intake?

water can go in there...there have been stories of people getting water into their intake manifold thru the intake...some people say u have to sink ur whole filter in there to get water sucked up..but thats not alwways the case

haven't gotten any water in my eBay short ram intake(works like a charm). a true CAI like the Injen CAE ? That I don't know.

of course u havent gotten water in ur intake...ITS A SHORT RAM!! make sense huh

Ghettokracker71
04-28-2004, 02:01 PM
of course u havent gotten water in ur intake...ITS A SHORT RAM!! make sense huh

No shit. But his question was regarding to EBAY INTAKES wich all the ones I have seen are SHORT RAMS therefore I was merely answering his question.....use your head:duh:

hmooblis
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
silviadriver, you got mail.