PDA

View Full Version : Build Help

Glenh
06-05-2013, 11:39 PM
So I just got a 1990 240sx, has a ka24e, bone stock, I'm looking for a quick and simple build, the parts I want to get are ISIS HR Pro Series Coilovers, ISIS Straight Dual 3" Tip Exhaust, ISIS Short Throw Shifter V2, Buddy Club Racing Spec Bucket Seat, MOMO Mod.80 Evo steering wheel, ISIS Aluminum Front Strut Bar, ISIS Aluminum Rear Strut Bar, ISIS Front & Rear Sway Bar Set, I was also thinking about getting megan racing 4-1 headers with a 3 inch test pipe, but I don't know if it will mount to the exhaust correctly, basically what i need to know is my list of parts any good or what should i get instead of the parts i picked, I have a budget of 2500 and i do all the work myself, so if someone could point me in the right direction to building a decent first drift car that would be great! Thanks!! :wiggle:

DJ-of-E
06-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Considering you're 18, drive the car stock and learn how to drive well. Go to a local auto-x event to learn car control. Don't listen to these yahoo doriftos. If I could get 2:22 on a stock 20 year old 240sx @ Buttonwillow Race track CCW or faster, then you are ready for upgrades. There is no better joy that the feeling you have beating people and their "more expensively" modified cars where the only judge is the clock.

Otherwise, spend your money somewhere else like making sure car doesn't fall apart on you.

Glenh
06-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I understand where you are coming from on that, but i have been driving for about 3 years now practicing car control and such ( come from the south and i got my drivers license early) i just really want to build a car and get to some actual drifting and i was wondering if the parts selection is any good.

Mikester
06-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Yes, your parts selection is fine for a drift missile.