PDA

View Full Version : wtb/find 240sx custom plug and play gauge cluster

billyblaze
06-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Looked around
Sent broadfield (if I spelt that correctly) a pm looking for something custom for my 98 240sx build. Also sent an email to Touge factory about theirs I don't like the 80mm for the face of the speedo.

Im not a tech or into physically doing things kind of guy I like to find the people that are pros at it an that's that so must be plug and play for a 98 240sx only

The email I sent to broad asked if he ever did that s2k for a 240sx guage cluster
We will see what happens hopefully he can help

Thanks in advance for any educated help I can get

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Looked at speedhut never heard of them just looked at their. Website super nice I like

The s2k if I do that what is involved to make it work
Can I get someone to make me a pigtail with the s2k plug for the guage cluster end to a plug with a 240sx
End with the pigtail doing the nessesary changes???

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I figure that
Impractical not to sure about that unless you mean taking on the job
If you talking about the s2000 as a guage cluster not sure what you mean

I just dont want ghetto or the like I want/need something kick azz so to speak
If I could get hold of a Ferrari guagebl cluster to plug and play I would be all over it

Cash is king I know I'm not looking at cost I'm looking at end results period
Have put more than a few k for just the dam bride seats alone so I ain't worried
About expense this car I'm keeping for a long time hence y I want a custom gauge cluster

mr.nismo.
06-04-2013, 02:16 PM
So you want something like an s2k? Why not get NX1600 cluster. it's BA and way better looking

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Sorry my second language

I only mentioned ferrari as an example

The car is built stance all around spl also
Have Sr20det stock except for injectors ark head studs
And metal head gasket and aluminum driveshaft It does have a disco potato Precision
Turbo on it. The interior is so so only upgrade I done so far is bride reclinable seat with
Sparco harness and NRG harness bar
Missing is the dash cluster and center consule
I have 3 others one a 2007 maazda4 dd and a zenki it guage cluster is stock
Stock is fine but the kouki I'm keeping so I want/have been to keep it superb
Everyone that has seen comments on how well and how nice to see such a legit car (whatever
That means)

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Found a old thread about a plug and play nx1600 for an s13

I added to the thread If nothing happens I will pm the poster this weekend
If nothing happens here

mr.nismo.
06-04-2013, 03:54 PM
You have to find one that someone is selling it pre wired or get one and wire it yourself. They pop up every so often, just keep a lookout

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
After a quick search I see alot about s13s nut not a one for a s14

Broadfield
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Why not get NX1600 cluster. it's BA and way better looking

That's a matter of opinion. I think the NX1600 cluster is old and nasty looking.... in a 80's Night Rider sort of way. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of the S2K cluster either. The OEM S13 cluster is just not good at all.

OP, the problem with trying to put the S2K cluster in is that it can't read any of the S13/14 sensors. You could get the illumination to work, turn signals, brights, maybe the tach and maybe fuel level. The speedo is not going to work without a convertor.... and there may not be a convertor that will even work. Same with temp. You would maybe need to use all of the S2K sensors... which getting the VSS to work may not even be feasible. It would take paying me a lot of money to try to get it to work and I might not even be able to accomplish the goal... but you would still have to pay me. It's the sort of thing that you need to try yourself... because at that point it's just your time. If you spend 40 hours working on it then it's just 40 hours. If you have to pay me 40 hours to work on it then you are talking about a couple thousand dollars.

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Not a real big fan of electronic clusters
My Mazda3 has dial and I would rather have that
Look it appeals to my old school side

I'm not willing to pay for a science project

I'm looking for like I originally stated plug n play
And plug and play only not into this might work or might work
I don't want to spend 40hrs to get it to work either

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
When I googled searched it they showed dials one and electronic ones
I not sure for sure but I believe its electronic

Imho the best guage cluster for me is s15 SPEC-r. I think it sexy and cooler
Than anything out their

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Im seriosly about the speedhut thou

But I know not A thing about wiring

Broadfield
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Im seriosly about the speedhut thou

But I know not A thing about wiring

The Speedhuts are the bomb... completely customizable. Please let me know if you have any questions on them or need pricing. I just finished a Speedhut S14 cluster and HVAC mount for a customer. He chose not to run the glass on the cluster. You can check out my other clusters I have done here if you want to see what they look like with the glass on:

Custom Interior Pieces | Broadfield's Blog (http://broadfield.wordpress.com/custom-interior-pieces/)

.... and here are his two pieces with the Speedhut gauges:

http://images46.fotki.com/v529/photos/2/47612/12070490/IMG_0332-vi.jpg

http://images52.fotki.com/v1566/photos/2/47612/12070490/IMG_0334-vi.jpg

http://images52.fotki.com/v729/photos/2/47612/12070490/IMG_0343-vi.jpg

http://images52.fotki.com/v641/photos/2/47612/12070490/IMG_0347-vi.jpg

http://images16.fotki.com/v387/photos/2/47612/12070490/IMG_0353-vi.jpg

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Here is my bucket of stupid questions using speedhut

1)using the following gauges

Speedo
Tach
Fuel
Water temp

Similar to what you have in above pic
Does it come with all sensors wiring to make this set up work

2)do these run from the dash straight to the device
3)in this example does anything else work in the cluster?
4)when you say rewired? Are u talkin about the cluster or are talking about speed sensor or something like that?

Dont call Mr an idiot I already know that my thinkin is scrap all the pigtails and circuit boards from the s14 cluster and run the new gauges woring/sensors directly and just tap into the cluster lumination some how

So is this right? I am sure I'm wrong somewhere

silnv
06-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Sorry to threadjack a bit. But I have some similar questions. Broadfield, I think I have seen some pics of an s13 cluster you did with an Racepak IQ3 attached. Will the IQ3 fit into a kouki cluster? I will be running a Haltech management system when I get my car up and going. So I was looking into getting the Racepak/Haltech IQ3, but I would like it mounted in the factory cluster area. I am am probably 6 months or so away from needing this, but this thread kinda put it back in my head.

Broadfield
06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Here is my bucket of stupid questions using speedhut

1)using the following gauges

Speedo
Tach
Fuel
Water temp

Similar to what you have in above pic
Does it come with all sensors wiring to make this set up work

2)do these run from the dash straight to the device
3)in this example does anything else work in the cluster?
4)when you say rewired? Are u talkin about the cluster or are talking about speed sensor or something like that?

Dont call Mr an idiot I already know that my thinkin is scrap all the pigtails and circuit boards from the s14 cluster and run the new gauges woring/sensors directly and just tap into the cluster lumination some how

So is this right? I am sure I'm wrong somewhere

Yes, it comes with all sensors and harnesses.
The sensor for each gauge will need to be mounted in it's appropriate location and then the harness will run from said sensor up to its corresponding gauge. You will then need to wire each gauge for power, ground and illumination.
I'm not sure what you are asking. In the example, every gauge obviously works. I completely gut the OEM cluster down to a shell. I then retrofit aftermarket gauges into the shell. So all you have are the aftermarket gauges and any indicators that I offer if you choose to.
I don't recall saying rewired anywhere, so I'm not sure what you are referring to?

In this example, the speedo has odometer, turn signals and brights. The cool thing about the Speedhut speedo is that you can set the odometer to your current mileage. This speedo is also GPS, so you don't need to worry about speed sensor.

Broadfield
06-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Sorry to threadjack a bit. But I have some similar questions. Broadfield, I think I have seen some pics of an s13 cluster you did with an Racepak IQ3 attached. Will the IQ3 fit into a kouki cluster? I will be running a Haltech management system when I get my car up and going. So I was looking into getting the Racepak/Haltech IQ3, but I would like it mounted in the factory cluster area. I am am probably 6 months or so away from needing this, but this thread kinda put it back in my head.

You can send me a PM and we can talk about it there.

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Okay I'm getting a better picture now
Thanks

Turn signals yes.

Abs and seat belts no LOL

NOW I got that solved is its fine to where each.needs power and what about the turn signals
It is it wired needing only one power supply?

And I would have to go with the set that has a boost gauge so I can replacement for all my gauges

Broadfield
06-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Okay I'm getting a better picture now
Thanks

Turn signals yes.

Abs and seat belts no LOL

NOW I got that solved is its fine to where each.needs power and what about the turn signals
It is it wired needing only one power supply?

And I would have to go with the set that has a boost gauge so I can replacement for all my gauges

They would only need one power source... so you can tie all leads together for power, ground and so on. As for the turn signals, there are separate wires for left turn and right turn that are located in the OEM cluster plug. So you would simply locate those wires and then tap them into the left and right turn signal wires on the Speedhut gauge.

You do not need to buy a predetermined "set" of gauges... simply let me know what gauges you want and we'll make them a "set".

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Pm sent
I liked the couter clockwise Speedo one
Lmk pricing

billyblaze
06-04-2013, 10:35 PM
If their something better or you all have a better I am all ears

billyblaze
06-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know what the s15 gauge cluster face made of

I am taking about what holds the gauges in a s15 gauge cluster

The silver one is the one I am looking for looks like some kind of
Gray plastic with maybe clear plastic over it

Wanna get the same look but with speedhut hut type gauges
Speedo
Tach
Fuel
Water temp
And turn signals
No std no abs or seatbelts or door ajar lights

Also wondering is their something else that can be done
Any intellegent response appreciated

billyblaze
06-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Found one Speedo with turn signals and highbeams

Wanna see if broad can do something to cover this or no
I don't see any examplsles of this

billyblaze
06-06-2013, 05:17 PM
This is my thinking
Imho the plugs from the 240sx gauge cluster cant be unique to the 240sx
Nissan makes a lot of different models I'm sure their is one that uses the same
3 plugs for the usdm gauge cluster

Or is this the only p/n's (3 plugs) they used in the 240sx and no other model

I am looking for the p/n's for the 3 plugs to cross check other Nissan for true
Plug and play

Broadfield
06-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know what the s15 gauge cluster face made of

I am taking about what holds the gauges in a s15 gauge cluster

The silver one is the one I am looking for looks like some kind of
Gray plastic with maybe clear plastic over it

Wanna get the same look but with speedhut hut type gauges
Speedo
Tach
Fuel
Water temp
And turn signals
No std no abs or seatbelts or door ajar lights

Also wondering is their something else that can be done
Any intellegent response appreciated

As I said in the PM, I can finish the main plate in something besides texture or satin black. So if you want a smooth metallic grey finish, then you just need to request it. Here's a good example of that color on an EVO gauge panel I finished fabricating not long ago for my good friend:

http://images56.fotki.com/v127/photos/2/47612/11687879/8726677388_73b1f38304_o-vi.jpg

Found one Speedo with turn signals and highbeams

Wanna see if broad can do something to cover this or no
I don't see any examplsles of this

I'm not sure what you are asking if I can cover it or an example of it.... the gauge cluster I posted in this thread has it!?!

This is my thinking
Imho the plugs from the 240sx gauge cluster cant be unique to the 240sx
Nissan makes a lot of different models I'm sure their is one that uses the same
3 plugs for the usdm gauge cluster

Or is this the only p/n's (3 plugs) they used in the 240sx and no other model

I am looking for the p/n's for the 3 plugs to cross check other Nissan for true
Plug and play

I doubt there are any other Nissans that have the exact plugs. Besides, the plugs are the least of your concerns. You would need to worry about the OEM gauge cluster that you get even being able to read the sensors in your vehicle.

billyblaze
06-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Kind of hard to tell from that pic if that's the gray I want or not their no gauges cluster glass

As when I said do you cover it I guess I meant to so is this something. That you can do

If like you stated they are in the pics you already posted I'm not likin it
Is their something better to do this and. I take it the highbeam is. Similar to it

I'm looking at 3 gauges white black markers all 3 3/8 tach Speedo and s dual gauge water temp fuel

What ur options for turn signals?
". " highbeams?
". " panel for holding gauges? Can't tell much from the EVO pic

Broadfield
06-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Kind of hard to tell from that pic if that's the gray I want or not their no gauges cluster glass

As when I said do you cover it I guess I meant to so is this something. That you can do

If like you stated they are in the pics you already posted I'm not likin it
Is their something better to do this and. I take it the highbeam is. Similar to it

I'm looking at 3 gauges white black markers all 3 3/8 tach Speedo and s dual gauge water temp fuel

What ur options for turn signals?
". " highbeams?
". " panel for holding gauges? Can't tell much from the EVO pic

I'm having a hard time following your English, but I'm trying to do my best.

Did you follow the link I sent you in the PM? It clearly shows all of the signals that I offer and then examples of them mounted in about 10 different clusters.

I make everything one-off custom.... so you tell me how you want it and as long as it's physically possible I'll make it happen.

billyblaze
06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
I am so sorry but thanks for trying

I don't know how to post links from my cell but car builders solutons
Cbsonline.co.UK is more online to what I was wanting their light
Actually have the symbles on top of them. They also have a bar that has
Turn signals / battery / high beam / oil and I'm missing something. If
my memory serves me correctly its 23mm in a 172mm with them all
In it. Lmk

As far as the piece that actually hold the gauges. Not sure but black wont
do. If I do black if think it will like 90% of other 240sx clusters me I want to
It to grab you in a good way. The pic with the gray is that the only pic you have
Or is their another gray also lmk

Lmk about the cbsonline if you want I will buy it so I can see it before the install

Broadfield
06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I am so sorry but thanks for trying

I don't know how to post links from my cell but car builders solutons
Cbsonline.co.UK is more online to what I was wanting their light
Actually have the symbles on top of them. They also have a bar that has
Turn signals / battery / high beam / oil and I'm missing something. If
my memory serves me correctly its 23mm in a 172mm with them all
In it. Lmk

As far as the piece that actually hold the gauges. Not sure but black wont
do. If I do black if think it will like 90% of other 240sx clusters me I want to
It to grab you in a good way. The pic with the gray is that the only pic you have
Or is their another gray also lmk

Lmk about the cbsonline if you want I will buy it so I can see it before the install

I am familiar with the bar that has the indicators in it... that's pretty nice. I have tried to talk a of couple customers into that piece, but they usually just want the turn signals I carry. However, that typically won't fit in the clusters I build anyway since there is not enough room above or below the 3-3/8" gauges. As for the indicators they sell, you realize the ones with the standard black bezel and the white symbol on them are 23mm. That's almost 1" in diameter... which is HUGE! The small chrome bezel ones are 17mm, which is still pretty darn big. Then the small black bezel are 16mm... so all of them are big bastards. With that being said, if that's what you want then I'll put it in. You would just need to send me the indicators that you want in the cluster.

As for the cluster, I can do ANY color you want. For that type of finish I use Dupli-Color Perfect Match line of spray paints. It's durable and has a nice finish to it. You can simply go to Autozone or similar and check out the colors then let me know which one you like. They will have a lot of colors to choose from there and that is only a fraction of the colors. Heck, if you see a exterior color on a car that you like, make note of the vehicle and approximate year and you can look up the color in their application book at their store or on Dupli-Colors website.

This picture is a closer representation of the actual color of the EVO piece:

http://images51.fotki.com/v299/photos/2/47612/11687879/8737989387_4ddd72ca12_c-vi.jpg