PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cluster Wiring Assistance

Tech Ninja
05-31-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey guys whats up?

I just recently acquired a Nissan digital cluster that looks like this

JDM meter (http://extremejdm.com/meter5.htm)

And I'd like to replace it with the stock one that is in my 1997 Kouki 180sx.

Do any of you guys know if this will be a simple plug and play? Or will there be heavy splicing/rewiring involved.

I dont mind putting in the time, I just wanted to see if anyone had performed this before and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences with it. Thanks in advance!

So Make Like
06-05-2013, 06:30 AM
a simple plug-and-play would be far from it. you would have to buy an s13 sub-harness for the plugs and re-pin it accordingly. also, the s13 clusters are a different size and would create fitment issues. you would need an s13 speed sensor for the speedometer to work. i'm not sure about the rpm signal...but i would assume that a dohc to dohc conversion would yield a working tach? correct me if i'm wrong. if putting in time isn't an issue, you should be able to get it done.

Mikester
06-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Hey guys whats up?

I just recently acquired a Nissan digital cluster that looks like this

JDM meter (http://extremejdm.com/meter5.htm)

And I'd like to replace it with the stock one that is in my 1997 Kouki 180sx.

Do any of you guys know if this will be a simple plug and play? Or will there be heavy splicing/rewiring involved.

I dont mind putting in the time, I just wanted to see if anyone had performed this before and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences with it. Thanks in advance!

Zenki & Chuki 180SX's have the same connections for the clusters. Kouki 180's on the other hand have different connections behind the cluster. Not saying it 'won't' work depending on what that cluster you bought went to... but to get it to work may be more trouble than it's worth.

So Make Like
06-05-2013, 06:55 AM
oh, i seem to have misread. i thought it was an s14 kouki. my bad.

Tech Ninja
06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help! I started looking at the wiring process, and um...wow. its alot of work. but we'll see what happens. I keep looking at pictures of a finished product to stay inspired >.<