PDA

View Full Version : Curcuit Sports DIS Review for the Z32

Toykoz32
05-26-2013, 03:55 AM
2 years back and Im introduced to a company called circuit sports, and they inform me that the have a DIS system that has a fail safe mode that will convert your ignition system back to stock if there is ever an issue with there dis ( Direct ignition system) its suppose to be similar to the hks ignition.

Here is info from there website:

CIRCUIT SPORTS PLUG AND PLAY (PNP) DIRECT IGNITION SYSTEM (DIS) AMPLIFIER FOR ALL VEHICLES. STOCK IGNITION AMP WORKS AROUND 12-12.5V, CS DIS AMP PROVIDES TRUE PLUG AND PLAY SOLUTION TO BRIDGE BETWEEN THE STOCK IGNITION HARNESS BY UTILIZING FACTORY STOCK COILPACKS TO ENHANCE THE VOLTAGE UP TO 16.5V SAFELY. WITH INCREASED VOLTAGE IN THE SPARK, MORE TORQUE AND HP CAN BE ACHIEVED THROUGH OUT THE ENTIRE RPM RANGE REGARDLESS OF ENGINE SETUP. WITH ITS INTRICATE BUILT IN CIRCUITRY, CS DIS AMP HAS A BUILT IN FAILSAFE MODE IN THE EVENT IF AMP FAILED, THE IGNITION SYSTEM WILL RETURN BACK TO FACTORY NORMAL STATE WITHOUT ANY DRIVABILITY OR STALLING ISSUES.NOTE: KIT COMES WITH DIS UNIT, MOUNTING & HARDWARE AND A PNP HARNESS FOR SPECIFY VEHICLE MODEL.

I did a little research and the vq35, ka, sr had good things to say about it. So I purchased it and tried to install it on my car to find out that the harness they supplied did not work with a z32. The coilpack connections where for a z33. Contacted them and informed them that the plug and play haness was no good, they then said "ooh you have an older style z? That harness should work on 95 and up 300zx". ( I know, should have thrown a red flag, but figured there just not z enthusiasts ) I bring them a coilpack and they start to make the harness for my car. 6 months later they get the harness, im told to come to the shop so they can install it. After installing I noticed no difference in power or a smoother rpm band, I was running at 8.5psi until I got my car tuned. I had previously put my car on a friends dyno to check my afr ( I have dual widebands) to make sure they where reading good. Did [email protected] and [email protected], I didnt up the boost any because I was waiting for the tuner. A few weeks later curcuit sport gets the dis and installs it, I contact a local tuner and they tune my car. I install the extra wastegate spring that bumps my base up to 14psi, I brought 10 gallons of e85 with the hope we would tune on that but it never happened. We ran in to issues,*1 being that I needed to up the gauge of my ground wire to my fuel dual fuel pumps and ground, @ 15 psi the fuel pressure would drop. The issue was fixed but my power was that same as 8.5psi. I thought maybe the motor compression was bad. Another problem that was found was my vtc was not working diagnosed as a bad neutral safety switch. After leaving their a bit disappointed that we where unable to get my car tuned 100%, I ordered a switch and did a power balance test using nistune and this is where things get interesting. Killing cylinder 1 had no change on my car, killed cylinder 2 and the same, no change in the engine. Killed 3 then 4 then 5 and then 6 they all DID produce a stumble. I the proceed to pull all the spark plugs and do a compression test, compression is good on all cylinders. I hook everything back up and do another power balance test, same results. Hmmmmm, let me disconnect the dis system, wala every cylinder causes a stumble. I drive my car for another 100 miles and that is when I spun the bearing. After seeing the damage to the bearings I now know it was the dis system that they had installed.

It may be good on other motors but an engine killer for the z32.