PDA

View Full Version : No Front Plate Petition

nightwalker
04-25-2004, 07:19 PM
read it and sign it! This is right in our alley!
http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

D1drifter
04-25-2004, 07:24 PM
im definately signing this.

SilviaDriver
04-25-2004, 07:27 PM
got a ticket for front plate..and already made a bracket to moutn it..so i dont care bout this petition

dvdevo
04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
i highly doubt this would work..but oh well i'll sign it

Wei240
04-25-2004, 08:35 PM
probably won't work because this is one way for them to ass rape our wallets, but who knows...

boro240
04-25-2004, 11:48 PM
since when has an online petition ever done anything?

Andrew Bohan
04-26-2004, 12:02 AM
it does something
it makes people think they're doing something

Jeff240sx
04-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Agreed driftaholic.
This petition will never fly, even if you had 350,000,000 signatures (entire population of US), because it aids the police in identifying cars (including stolen, on the run cars)
-Jeff

the head
04-26-2004, 12:18 AM
how much are your front plate tickets i just pay mine my cars never have front plates on them since i was 14 (now 23) i have had three at about 25 dollars equals 75 devide that by the amount of years i have been driving (9) you get 8 and 1/3 dollars per year now proate it down to homany days a year estimate about 360 i am at about .023 cents per day i drive for my violaitons all in all not too bad for not drilling holes in the front of my cars and being able to avoid oncoming police getting my plate number

Andrew Bohan
04-26-2004, 12:21 AM
first thing i'll do with a stolen car is swap the plates
i dunno about other places but you can buy people's old plates at lots of touristy stores in san francisco. CA and out of state plates

mixxamike
04-26-2004, 01:07 AM
hell, go to a junk yard and jack some plates for free.

If you're into stealing peoples' cars that is...

soulDistortion
04-26-2004, 01:38 AM
it does something
it makes people think they're doing something

and that's about it.

it never fails to amaze me how people think these online petitions are worth a damn.

MakotoS13
04-26-2004, 10:24 AM
how much are your front plate tickets i just pay mine my cars never have front plates on them since i was 14 (now 23) i have had three at about 25 dollars equals 75 devide that by the amount of years i have been driving (9) you get 8 and 1/3 dollars per year now proate it down to homany days a year estimate about 360 i am at about .023 cents per day i drive for my violaitons all in all not too bad for not drilling holes in the front of my cars and being able to avoid oncoming police getting my plate number

could you rephrase that in the form of an intelligent response, please?

Andrew Bohan
04-26-2004, 10:45 AM
hell, go to a junk yard and jack some plates for free.

hmm, i don't recall seeing plates still on the cars at my local junkyard

the head
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
How much are your front plate tickets i just pay mine. My cars never have front plates on them. Since i was 14 (now 23) i have had three at about 25 dollars equals 75 dollars for a for a non moving violation for my driving tenure

Now if you spread it out over the entire time i have been driving devide 75 by the amount of years i have been driving (9) you get 8 and 1/3 dollars per year now proate it down to how many days a year i drive estimate about 360 i am at about .023 cents per day i drive for my no plate violations.

All in all not too bad for not drilling holes in the front of my cars and being able to avoid oncoming police getting my plate number.

I am saying i don't get why this is such a big deal

yup because worring about wording for simple folks like yourself is what i live for ya jackass

ONYX S-13
04-26-2004, 11:17 AM
I hate the front plate law...I mean you never see cops pullin over SL500's, porsche's, ferrari's, etc for not having a front plate..I don't even think those cars come with front plate's from the dealership so you know those people are gonna put holes in their 3k dollar bumper just cause some sill law...I remember about a year ago when i was driving to the bank ( I had a civic at the time)...I was going down't the street at about 53mph in a 50 zone...The cop passed me going the same speed and he glanced over and saw me and right away did an (Illegal) U turn cuttin off at least 3 cars just to catch up to me...I was pissed cause i know i wasn't doing anything wrong..Anyways i pulled into a shopping center parking lot and the first thing that he asked me pissed me off...Here's the conversation.

Me: Good morning officer
Cop:Is this your car?!
Me: (WTF DOES THIS GUY THINK?! I MEAN WHY THE HELL WOULD I STEAL A CAR WITH MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER IN THE CAR?!). Yes officer it is. WOuld you like to see my vehicle registration and ID?
Cop: YEAH....

*Cops goes to his car to do the usual and comes back*

Cop: You know why i pulled you over?!
Me: No sir.
Cop: You don't have a front license plate
Me: (YOU WENT THROUGH ALL THAT TROUBLE CUTTING PEOPLE OFF AND DOING AN ILLEGAL U TURN JUST TO PULL ME OVER FOR THAT?) Yeah i know i don't ..The dealership only sent me one =/
Cop: WELL GET TO THE DEALERSHIP OR DMV AND GET YOURSELF A NEW ONE!
Me: I'll make an appointment tomorrow sir.
Cop: Have a good day *Takes off*

I know the only reason why that jackass didn't give a icket is cause my family was in the car..Anyways as the cops left i saw at least 5 cars drive by him without and front plates (couple suv's and sprts cars) and I was thinking..What a jerk he was cause he didn't give those people crap for not having one...I think the front plate law is BS ! It kinda reminds me of J walking..Like 99% of the times the cops can careless about it/them but if they are having a bad day or need to meet their quotas they use that as an excuse to give u a ticket.I dunno if it'll make that big of a difference or a difference at all but who cares? I'll sign it. It only takes a second anyways *Shrugs*

dvdevo
04-26-2004, 12:00 PM
well yeah even if rows of 100 cars pass by without licence or with neon lights or wahtever pass by, the cops wouldnt care cause they're dealing with you already.