PDA

View Full Version : X-Box One

exitspeed
05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Shit is awesome. Here's a link. Tons of stuff on IGN and everywhere else about it.

Xbox One Announced - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-720-is-called-xbox-one)

I'm really looking forward to this thing improving my television viewing. The fantasy Football and NFL thing is pretty sweet.

Very few games were announced but they are saving that for E3 in 19 days.

Discuss.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking forward to this more that the PS4. And I vowed never to get a new xbox right away after the whole Red Ring of Death thing.

Dutchmalmiss
05-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Wow didn't even know it was being revealed today.

Blu-ray + online NOT required to function = I must say I'm PLEASANTLY surprised.

This PS4 release timeline is pissing me off, so this was a breath of fresh air.

Drift_FX
05-21-2013, 03:05 PM
not backwards compatable...... :(

exitspeed
05-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Wow didn't even know it was being revealed today.

Blu-ray + online NOT required to function = I must say I'm PLEASANTLY surprised.

This PS4 release timeline is pissing me off, so this was a breath of fresh air.

What's wring with the PS4 timeline? It's coming out this fall too? Only thing that pisses me off about it is they are both coming out around the same time which means I'm probably going to shell out over a grand just to get these two bastards.

I know that's a big deal to people, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Although I am pretty much out of space in my entertainment cabinet.

theronin
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Nerdgasm for sure. No backwards compatibility was something I saw coming, its a bummer but definitely doesn't mean I wont be getting one opening day. I guess I found what I'm gonna use my change bucket for. So stoked

Dutchmalmiss
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
What's wring with the PS4 timeline?

Guess I should've specified. I meant the timeline from announcement of the system to reveal of the console. All we've seen hardware-wise is the controller, and this system was announced 3 months ago.

In Microsoft's case, it was all revealed on the same day.

Might be just me, but I sort of care how the console itself looks haha.

All in all, I am also afraid I'll be shelling out a bunch of cash when these things both release, assuming these won't have production shortages.

EvilRB
05-21-2013, 05:43 PM
might be relevant :

PS4 Revealed as “Square” | Sankaku Complex (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/05/21/ps4-revealed-as-square/)

Basically: PS4 6/10/2013

Xbox One “Clearly Inferior” To PS4, Sony Stock Surges | Sankaku Complex (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-clearly-inferior-to-ps4-sony-stock-surges/)

PS4
・CPU: Jaguar 8 Core CPU @ 2.0GHz
・GPU: Radeon GPU @ 1.84TFLOPS
・Memory: 8GB GDDR5 @ 176GB/s
■Features:
・Backwards compatible with previous PS* games
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Supposedly plays used games
・Est. price: $300-$500
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
・CPU: Jaguar 8 Core CPU @ 1.6GHz
・GPU: D3D 11.1 GPU @ 1.2TFLOPS
・Memory: 8GB DDR3 @ 68GB/s
■Features:
・No backwards compatibility
・Now has Blu-ray & TV support, in the US at least
・Kinect
・Plays used games if you pay again
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...

turbobrick
05-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I wasn't much impressed. I know that they want the new xbox to be the center of the living room, but I buy a console to play games. I really don't care about tv and internet integration.

I'll probably get one eventually anyway, but I'll most likely get the ps4 first. But since I already have a wii u, I won't be buying either until next year maybe.

SharkMan
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM
might be relevant :

PS4 Revealed as “Square” | Sankaku Complex (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/05/21/ps4-revealed-as-square/)

Xbox One “Clearly Inferior” To PS4, Sony Stock Surges | Sankaku Complex (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-clearly-inferior-to-ps4-sony-stock-surges/)

PS4
■Features:
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
■Features:
・Kinect
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...

Exactly... I'll just wait for the ps4 to come out so that way I don't buy and Xbox one and be super sad when the ps4 does come out and make me realize a bad decision was made.

tricky_ab
05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm buying both (best of both worlds right?!), but I'm still more excited for PS4.

Just keep your 360...

TougeLove
05-21-2013, 06:40 PM
when can i play forza on my ps3? :(

frost1988
05-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Looks like an 80's beta max.Not to excited about either.

theronin
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Didn't Sony also inflate the ps3s numbers? Basically everything is a rumor until they are released. Any gamer is prob going to buy both anyways. Just for the exclusives. Mmmmm God of War drool

AFSil80
05-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Considering how irritated I am with Forza and their constant download content, I'm hanging up my Xbox spurs. Only reason I bought one was b/c I got sick of waiting for GT5.

EvilRB
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.
“On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” a Microsoft representative told Wired.
The company added that, once discs are installed on the hard drive, games can be played without a disc being in the tray.
The Wired article then elaborates:
“What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.”

See this is interesting to me...
If Sony reveals that they are not going to charge for the reuse of games between users and stores that resell games I think that they might have XBOX beat and gain support in the market place.
Not only are they going to be backwards compatible already but the use of games between consoles might give them an edge as well.
I mean how many times have you just gone to a friends house with your game and had a game night.
Well with the XBOX you have to pay a fee if you do this...
But if they reveal that they also are going to be logging their game disc and only a single console can use them and new consoles will have to pay a fee then all hope is lost for us as gamers and they way it use to be...

Stores like gamestop are out of business traditionally and game nights will be more expensive...
I think they just want all of us in our homes living on-line...

Matej
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I wasn't much impressed. I know that they want the new xbox to be the center of the living room, but I buy a console to play games. I really don't care about tv and internet integration.
Microsoft has slowly been alienating all of its hardcore fan base by trying to win over the 'Apple generation' who care about stupid stuff like pretending their tablet is a piano and actually enjoying it, or playing their music from their desktop computer through their alarm clock using their phone as a remote while sending a picture of their cat to their mom's laptop.
Thanks to this, the people who actually preferred Microsoft products exactly because they were not like that are getting the short end of the stick, and now Windows 8 and all new Microsoft products come with all the gimmicks and annoyances of mobile computing, even when one is trying to use a desktop PC.

redline racer510
05-21-2013, 08:13 PM
XBOX ONE=XBOX 360 - 359

The new XBOX looks like a futuristic rendition of a VHS player. They took a piece of crap and put a piece of cilantro on it to try and get people to buy it. Look at how much effort they put into the reveal with Steven Spielsburg and COD ghost and how the audience was just mildly amused. It looks like they are trying to convince there shareholders to keep a stake in their business which is ironic since playstation stock went up substantially after the reveal. Great try Microsoft but no cigar(always wanted to use that cliche).

EvilRB
05-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Microsoft has slowly been alienating all of its hardcore fan base by trying to win over the 'Apple generation' who care about stupid stuff like pretending their tablet is a piano and actually enjoying it, or playing their music from their desktop computer through their alarm clock using their phone as a remote while sending a picture of their cat to their mom's laptop.
Thanks to this, the people who actually preferred Microsoft products exactly because they were not like that are getting the short end of the stick, and now Windows 8 and all new Microsoft products come with all the gimmicks and annoyances of mobile computing, even when one is trying to use a desktop PC.

+1 you hit the nail right on the head!

XBOX ONE=XBOX 360 - 359

The new XBOX looks like a futuristic rendition of a VHS player. They took a piece of crap and put a piece of cilantro on it to try and get people to buy it. Look at how much effort they put into the reveal with Steven Spielsburg and COD ghost and how the audience was just mildly amused. It looks like they are trying to convince there shareholders to keep a stake in their business which is ironic since playstation stock went up substantially after the reveal. Great try Microsoft but no cigar(always wanted to use that cliche).

HAHA! congrats!

theronin
05-21-2013, 08:29 PM
See this is interesting to me...
If Sony reveals that they are not going to charge for the reuse of games between users and stores that resell games I think that they might have XBOX beat and gain support in the market place.
Not only are they going to be backwards compatible already but the use of games between consoles might give them an edge as well.
I mean how many times have you just gone to a friends house with your game and had a game night.
Well with the XBOX you have to pay a fee if you do this...
But if they reveal that they also are going to be logging their game disc and only a single console can use them and new consoles will have to pay a fee then all hope is lost for us as gamers and they way it use to be...

Stores like gamestop are out of business traditionally and game nights will be more expensive...
I think they just want all of us in our homes living on-line...

Guessing you would just dl your xbl account from cloud to friends xbox and play with it there. My friends and I already do this. Both consoles will sell well nobody can dispute that.

theronin
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
+1 you hit the nail right on the head!

HAHA! congrats!

I'm thoroughly convinced the only reason PS3 kept up and finally overtook 360 in sales was the blu ray player.

turbobrick
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm also not a fan of the kinect and don't like that this new system requires it. It should be optional like it is with the 360.

EvilRB
05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Guessing you would just dl your xbl account from cloud to friends xbox and play with it there. My friends and I already do this. Both consoles will sell well nobody can dispute that.

From article:
“What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.”

This is the new thing that is differnet right? only the account holder can play but the person that dosen't have it logged has to pay, IE friend that wants play for the first time will have to pay a fee, or am I reading this wrong?

theronin
05-21-2013, 08:50 PM
From article:

This is the new thing that is differnet right? only the account holder can play but the person that dosen't have it logged has to pay, IE friend that wants play for the first time will have to pay a fee, or am I reading this wrong?

Pure speculation. But I would hope as long as one of the accounts on the xbox being used has the game then the other accounts involved in the split screen could play. This could all change by release though. Best believe Microsoft is looking at all things being said online and taking heed of possible backlash. The digital age is rapidly changing, will be interesting to see how all the gaming companies cope. This argument is pointless to me cause I'm getting both, but oh do I love a good debate

EvilRB
05-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Pure speculation. But I would hope as long as one of the accounts on the xbox being used has the game then the other accounts involved in the split screen could play. This could all change by release though. Best believe Microsoft is looking at all things being said online and taking heed of possible backlash. The digital age is rapidly changing, will be interesting to see how all the gaming companies cope. This argument is pointless to me cause I'm getting both, but oh do I love a good debate

That was my point depending on what SONY does with it's system we as consumers are either entering into a age of paying for everything or Microsoft is just going to lose a good segment of it's audience because of this feature

Spoolnmoon
05-21-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm also not a fan of the kinect and don't like that this new system requires it. It should be optional like it is with the 360.

Agreed...optional is always better...

theronin
05-21-2013, 09:06 PM
That was my point depending on what SONY does with it's system we as consumers are either entering into a age of paying for everything or Microsoft is just going to lose a good segment of it's audience because of this feature

MS could always see that Sony is winning the war and change it. Or Sony could see that people will just bite the bullet and pay, and follow suit. Time will tell but I like all the mature unfanboyistic discussion that is going on in this thread.

EvilRB
05-21-2013, 09:10 PM
MS could always see that Sony is winning the war and change it. Or Sony could see that people will just bite the bullet and pay, and follow suit. Time will tell but I like all the mature unfanboyistic discussion that is going on in this thread.

:bigok:

I guess in the end SONY does win only because XBOX is useing their blueray system...
so either way buy SONY stock for a short time anyway...

theronin
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
:bigok:

I guess in the end SONY does win only because XBOX is useing their blueray system...
so either way buy SONY stock for a short time anyway...

Definitely agree. Wonder how much they charged MS for it. Gotta find it funny though, streaming has all but taken over, and with the huge storage they are giving these things and what DL speeds are at now, the player is almost unneeded.

My 360 has a 250 gig in.her and I haven't used more than 5 gigs. My work horse PC holds all my media and I just stream it....

SimpleS14
05-21-2013, 09:37 PM
might be relevant :

PS4
■Features:
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
■Features:
・Kinect
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...

The memory specs are a bit eye catching. I just hope this doesn't continue the trend of bad ports to the Playstation because Xbox is not up to par.

As for the Xbox One, it's impressive for the general public that wants a nice out of the box HTPC. The gestures and voice commands were cool, but I can imagine it working so well in the real world. I'm not too much of a fan of the new Xbox, but that's personal preference. Also the reveal presentation was very short and a bit off compared the the PS4 reveal.

As for Sony, it's still unknown how used games will be handled. They might follow suit or leave this as an option for the game developer (I'm thinking the latter). Backwards compatibility will be available via game streaming, but it's still unknown if this is available at launch or how the process will work seamlessly.

It's interesting to see the stark direct both Microsoft and Sony are now taking with the video game industry. It's a toss up at this point on who will have the lead in market share. I'm patiently waiting for E3....

turbobrick
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
I wonder how big the games are going to be. The new xbox will come with a 500gb hard drive which does sound like a lot, but if every game has to be installed, I wonder how fast it will fill up.

Main reason I'm wondering is because I thought I'd never fill up my 40gb ps3, but then pretty much all games started requiring 4gb installs, and now I'm down to 1gb free. Meaning I can't play any new games unless I delete old ones. Thats the one thing I've always hated about the ps3.

It took my a lot longer to fill up the 20gb hard drive on my 360, and my 120gb drive I have now still has 89gb free.

BOROSUN
05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Didn't Sony also inflate the ps3s numbers? Basically everything is a rumor until they are released. Any gamer is prob going to buy both anyways. Just for the exclusives. Mmmmm God of War drool

it could be true, sony inflating #. there's no way a 8gb GDDR5 system it's going to cost around that est range. imo.

buuuuut, GDDR6 is around the block. 2014 you'll start seeing it on GPUs. its release should drive the GDDR5 price lower. so I dunno at this point. i'll just sit and wait.

Juantwo3
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Xbox or die

frost1988
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Xbox or die
Seems to me the console wars have started once again.My choice will be based on game titles.

S14DB
05-21-2013, 11:04 PM
It does totally look like an old VCR.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Console_psx.jpg/300px-Console_psx.jpg

The TV crap sounds like a rehash of the PSX. I wonder how much will be stymied by the broadcasters ala GoogleTV v1. I was kinda pissed how fast his smart glass worked. Then I realized he would hit the button then act when it finally happened on screen.

The whole serialized disc bothers me. Sounds like you are just buying a license with the data disc. I'm sure it's to thwart the "pirates." I am not 100% if the discs have a write sector on them. This would kill the physical shelf life. I really think it's to make people buy digital copies of the games.
With that said I wonder how long before classic xbox and 360 games show up on the arcade as remastered for XBO...

I take all of it with a grain of salt till the units ship. They are aiming at an moving target till then. I'm sure some of it is feeler specs to gauge public acceptance. See how much they can get away with.

SimpleS14
05-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Main reason I'm wondering is because I thought I'd never fill up my 40gb ps3, but then pretty much all games started requiring 4gb installs, and now I'm down to 1gb free. Meaning I can't play any new games unless I delete old ones. Thats the one thing I've always hated about the ps3.

You can always upgrade that hard drive and transfer all your games and savedata (assuming you make a backup).

turbobrick
05-22-2013, 11:45 AM
You can always upgrade that hard drive and transfer all your games and savedata (assuming you make a backup).

I know, I just wish I wouldn't have to.

Also

KbWgUO-Rqcw

exitspeed
05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't excited about the TV aspect. Man I can't wait to use a tablet as the tv remote.

SimpleS14
05-22-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't excited about the TV aspect. Man I can't wait to use a tablet as the tv remote.

I'm not excited mainly because I got rid of cable.

I will admit its a bit impressive if they can integrate this on an international scale.

deolio
05-22-2013, 03:44 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/e2f7bca6ff52ea793195f6876e3e2c89/tumblr_mn682uNBVG1qjxwmfo1_1280.jpg

redline racer510
05-22-2013, 04:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/e2f7bca6ff52ea793195f6876e3e2c89/tumblr_mn682uNBVG1qjxwmfo1_1280.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol just what I was thinking VHS FTL

S14DB
05-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Is there a coax connection on the back that can do OTA and QAM? Cable Card?
With the HDMI in and out I think it's going to be doing HDMI pass though over lay like GoogleTV. This means I have to have a Cable or satellite box feeding it. Paying a monthly fee for a box.

I would rather have something like my Boxee that takes coax. I really only use the basic channels with Netflix/Hulu/ect. The new boxee has the tuner in it and now does cloud DVR.
The Boxee TV Offers Unlimited DVR Storage, Dual Tuners, And Netflix For $99 (And $15/Month For The DVR) | TechCrunch (http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/16/boxee-tv/)
http://www.boxee.tv/assets/@1/back_of_device-827f78ff833a1a6c6cf5984da55456f8.png

Have you used SmartGlass? Even with my 360 on Ethernet it's lagy as hell. If my phone or tablet fall asleep it disconnects and then I have to wait for it to reconnect. I swear it's faster to wake a controller back up. Really annoying when I have to use the bathroom halfway thru a movie. I bought the little xbox media remote because smartglass pissed me off so much. I'm sure on a windows phone or surface it's a lot faster but, watching that demo I can see him tap the phone then wait a second then act like hit the button when the xbox responds.

theronin
05-22-2013, 07:17 PM
With the HDMI in and out I think it's going to be doing HDMI pass though over lay like GoogleTV. This means I have to have a Cable or satellite box feeding it. Paying a monthly fee for a box.

I would rather have something like my Boxee that takes coax. I really only use the basic channels with Netflix/Hulu/ect. The new boxee has the tuner in it and now does cloud DVR.

Have you used SmartGlass? Even with my 360 on Ethernet it's lagy as hell. If my phone or tablet fall asleep it disconnects and then I have to wait for it to reconnect. I swear it's faster to wake a controller back up. Really annoying when I have to use the bathroom halfway thru a movie. I bought the little xbox media remote because smartglass pissed me off so much. I'm sure on a windows phone or surface it's a lot faster but, watching that demo I can see him tap the phone then wait a second then act like hit the button when the xbox responds.

At the rate technology is presently going I would think/hope that lag is fixed by release.

redline racer510
05-22-2013, 07:38 PM
I love microsoft, I use there software everyday, but after windows xp was introduced there product really has been crap IMO.

Mister.E
05-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I already have DirecTV so all this TV integration does not impress me whatsoever. I do like both of the current consoles, but i have never been fond of paying for XBox Live so most of my play time is on my PS3. To think of it, the only thing i really appreciate is the size of the XBox controller. It looks like they made the PS4 controller a little larger; at least i'm hoping so. I really just can't wait to play Destiny. I'm hoping the specs of the PS4 havent been inflated, as of right now it looks like a really impressive system.

Felipe
05-22-2013, 08:27 PM
One Person Tried To Put All Those PS4 Pictures Together | Kotaku Australia (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/one-person-tried-to-put-all-those-ps4-pictures-together/)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ob68d0nc86xjpg/xlarge.jpg

wonpoo
05-23-2013, 01:52 AM
PC is best nuff said...

jk pretty excited about new xbox...and PS4

EvilRB
05-23-2013, 03:25 AM
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/93/52/67354e3d2ed61dfa8a3668e0aacfeecf-if-new-game-console-reveals-were-honest.jpg

exitspeed
05-23-2013, 07:49 AM

The Boxee TV Offers Unlimited DVR Storage, Dual Tuners, And Netflix For $99 (And $15/Month For The DVR) | TechCrunch (http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/16/boxee-tv/)
http://www.boxee.tv/assets/@1/back_of_device-827f78ff833a1a6c6cf5984da55456f8.png

I'd think it would connect with an HDMI from your cable box.

I have not used Smart Glass actually. The idea still intrigues me. Maybe things will be much faster with One?? Not sure. The potential is still cool though.

AFSil80
05-23-2013, 04:34 PM
http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

S14DB
05-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I'd think it would connect with an HDMI from your cable box.

I have not used Smart Glass actually. The idea still intrigues me. Maybe things will be much faster with One?? Not sure. The potential is still cool though.
Yeah, there is better specs on the xbox site now. It's a HDMI overlay(Direct ripoff of GoogleTV) from a cable box or Sat.
HDMI Pass-Thru
Connect your cable or satellite
box to your Xbox One and
prepare for lift off. HDMI
pass-thru enables you to watch
TV through your Xbox, which
makes switching inputs seem
almost pre-historic.1

1: Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

Xbox One | What It Is - Xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/what-it-is)

Screw that, I'm going upgrade to a Boxee DVR and spend the $500 on a HTPC.

I'm sure the windows phone will be lag-less smartglass...

I love the foot notes on the page:

1: Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

2: Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

3: In supported games.

Features and requirements are under development and may change prior to release. Available features and content may vary by country. Broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and advanced TV hardware required. Games sold separately.

I was pissed over the years how my 20gb got ate up slowly by the system. I finally did the BEV hack when it ate over 12gb of the drive for the system.

EvilRB
05-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Less games more cars...

It's about to be cheaper...

redline racer510
05-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Xbox is looking more and more crappy as more info and pics get out.
Looks like Microsoft designed a Blu-ray player that plays games and not a video console that plays Blu-ray. Come on microsoft all that R&D and you cant figure out what people want and like. [email protected] share holders, happy customers assure you don't lose valuable customer clientele.

theronin
05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Xbox is looking more and more crappy as more info and pics get out.
Looks like Microsoft designed a Blu-ray player that plays games and not a video console that plays Blu-ray. Come on microsoft all that R&D and you cant figure out what people want and like. [email protected] share holders, happy customers assure you don't lose valuable customer clientele.

Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.

fliprayzin240sx
05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I just hope Sony doesnt fuck up the PS4, I'm still pissed off with the whole PS3 fiasco. Hell, even at this point, still doesnt feel like I've gotten the full potential and usage of my PS3. Atleast compared to my old PS1 and PS2.

S14DB
05-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.
If I have to buy two because the first one over heats then maybe. Sell more than the Wii and I'll be impressed...

TougeLove
05-23-2013, 10:38 PM
or we could all read a book and educate ourselves? then maybe we would all move to the bmw or evo forums? :D

redline racer510
05-23-2013, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=theronin;5282510]Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.[/QUOTE
I rather be delusional and read a book than get my hopes up for a decent product from Microsoft.

theronin
05-24-2013, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=theronin;5282510]Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.[/QUOTE
I rather be delusional and read a book than get my hopes up for a decent product from Microsoft.

So why are you posting here. You better be posting from a Mac or on Linux.

redline racer510
05-24-2013, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=redline racer510;5282709]

So why are you posting here. You better be posting from a Mac or on Linux.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. I can like and dislike what ever I want and post from whatever OS, you know I am specifically talking about XBOX quit going off subject with this filler(post just to post). Keep it on topic and give your like dislike opinions regarding XBOX. I don't care whether you like or dislike Xbox, I know what I am not going to buy(Xbox) this year. BTW I hope you know the delusional part was sarcasm, I'm just checking. Delusional sarcasm FTMFW, aw man you got me typing filler in this thread.

exitspeed
05-24-2013, 10:52 AM
It's not that serious guys. lol

theronin
05-24-2013, 03:20 PM

Xbox is super serious business... bro

redline racer510
05-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Just seriously not serious.

future
05-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Are our memberships going to be able to switch over to the new xbox? I'm debating selling me xbox right now before the price drops to five dollars

AFSil80
05-24-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm debating selling me xbox right now before the price drops to five dollars

That's kinda what I'm leaning towards as well.

theronin
05-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Are our memberships going to be able to switch over to the new xbox? I'm debating selling me xbox right now before the price drops to five dollars

Well it's an xbl membership. So yes. I got in on gamestops trade in deal of the century and offloaded my old first Gen 360 and a bunch of miscellaneous crap for one of the new revised editions which ended up only being 50$ out of pocket. Ill keep that for a 2nd TV streaming and data storage.

future
05-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Well my brother also said it should be. So as of five seconds ago I just took pictures and putting it on criags as we speak. I only play it once a month if that. My brother also has a 360 anyways. So ill transfer my account to there till or if I get a new xbox.
As it already goes they aren't worth shit. So ill sale it now cause prices are only going down

theronin
05-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Well my brother also said it should be. So as of five seconds ago I just took pictures and putting it on criags as we speak. I only play it once a month if that. My brother also has a 360 anyways. So ill transfer my account to there till or if I get a new xbox.
As it already goes they aren't worth shit. So ill sale it now cause prices are only going down

Once xbox 1 was announced they automatically started to depreciate. May wanna hold off on selling so soon, gamestop or someone may offer a tasty deal in the coming months. So therein is the gamble.

future
05-24-2013, 08:24 PM
If I can get the 150 I spent on it I'm satisfied. Like I said I'm not looking anything cause I'm keeping half the stuff I got it with.

exitspeed
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
You guys should read this. The potential is pretty amazing.

Microsoft: Cloud Will Quadruple Power of Xbox One (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-One-Cloud-Jeff-Henshaw-Matt-Booty-Adam-Pollington,22775.html#xtor=RSS-181)

Apparently when consumers purchase an Xbox One console this holiday season, they'll actually have four: one physical, and three virtual that will reside in the cloud.

Group program manager of Xbox Incubation & Prototyping Jeff Henshaw recently told OXM that for every console Microsoft builds, it will provision the CPU and storage equivalent of three Xbox One consoles in the cloud. This allows developers to assume that there's roughly three times the resources immediately available to their game. Thus, developers can build bigger, persistent levels that are more inclusive for players.

"It's also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we're effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]," added Xbox Australia rep Adam Pollington. "If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there's no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go. I think that's a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who's going to pick up the Xbox One console."

So what exactly will the Xbox One do with all that cloud processing power and storage? General Manager of Redmond Game Studios and Platforms Matt Booty gave Ars Technica a scenario, describing a scene where the user is moving through a rugged terrain shrouded by volumetric fog.

"Let’s say you’re looking at a forest scene and you need to calculate the light coming through the trees, or you’re going through a battlefield and have very dense volumetric fog that’s hugging the terrain," he said. "Those things often involve some complicated up-front calculations when you enter that world, but they don’t necessarily have to be updated every frame. Those are perfect candidates for the console to offload that to the cloud—the cloud can do the heavy lifting, because you’ve got the ability to throw multiple devices at the problem in the cloud."

He also said that cloud computation could even handle physics modeling, fluid dynamics, and cloth motion which require a lot of up-front computation, without adding lag to the actual gameplay. Thus the server resources Microsoft is dedicating to these calculations will be much greater than what a single, local Xbox One console can do on its own.That's where the 3:1 cloud-console description comes into play.

"Game developers have always had to wrestle with levels of detail... managing where and when you show details is part of the art of games," Booty said. "One of the exciting challenges going forward is a whole new set of techniques to manage what is going to be offloaded to the cloud and what’s going to come back."

Xbox Live corporate VP Marc Whitten recently told OXM that Microsoft dialed back development of the new console until the company was confident that it could deliver a genuine technological leap over the current Xbox 360.

"Frankly a lot of people have said 'hey, stuff looks pretty cool on Xbox 360 - do we need more power?" he told OXM. "Is my TV going to be powerful enough?' And in fact, until we found that we'd got to a place where the stories could be different, the experience could be different, we didn't want to ship a next generation console. We've been using the Xbox 360 to continue to revive the experience, to go deeper. But it is clear that with power the types of stories you can do are fundamentally different."

Future240
06-02-2013, 09:58 AM
So basically the article is saying the console can spend more time rendering things like the character models, explosions etc and the cloud can render the other stuff that is not constant only, like water movement, wind, etc. Least that is what I take from it.

I hope at E3 they show a scene like that with and without the cloud.

exitspeed
06-02-2013, 10:15 AM
So basically the article is saying the console can spend more time rendering things like the character models, explosions etc and the cloud can render the other stuff that is not constant only, like water movement, wind, etc. Least that is what I take from it.

I hope at E3 they show a scene like that with and without the cloud.

Yeah, essentially. They can have the cloud rendering parts of the game so the console doesn't have to, so it's like having three console's worth of power at one time. THAT is impressive.

S14DB
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM
When I hear Cloud I hear Lag. How can it transmit all that data back and forth faster than the CPU can render?

Mister.E
06-02-2013, 04:53 PM
That's what i was thinking. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the Cloud also be dependent on the user's internet connection and ping to the servers?

BOROSUN
06-02-2013, 05:10 PM
yeah. server game/ping distance + peak hour + cloud + xbox instant messaging/ voice + your family streaming stuff. that's a lot of bandwidth lost.

but, its not a bad idea. kinda like folding for graphic processing.

so, does this mean xbox console gets to have graphic options in games? I don't see why its only limited to cloud servers, possibility of buying 3 xbox1 and increase its power. then crank up all the eye candy you want. that be nice.

exitspeed
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
When I hear Cloud I hear Lag. How can it transmit all that data back and forth faster than the CPU can render?

Ummm, you guys ever heard of OnLive or Steam? Same damn thing only it's only offloading some of the stuff and the whole game is not streaming. OnLive supposedly (from what I've read) there is virtually no lag. The idea not entirely new, but how they are going about it is. Sure more people will be playing but they have the capability to handle that now.

bc.
06-03-2013, 07:50 AM
That's what i was thinking. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the Cloud also be dependent on the user's internet connection and ping to the servers?
Damn, the internet is out, now I gotta slay polygons instead of dragons in Skyrim.

http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif
This had me going for a while, great find!

exitspeed
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
This had me going for a while, great find!

Hahaha, that is funny.

S14DB
06-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Ummm, you guys ever heard of OnLive or Steam? Same damn thing only it's only offloading some of the stuff and the whole game is not streaming. OnLive supposedly (from what I've read) there is virtually no lag. The idea not entirely new, but how they are going about it is. Sure more people will be playing but they have the capability to handle that now.

OnLive is rendering the whole game and then streaming the video to your box. All the set-top box does is relay the controller commands to the server and stream the video back from it. So it's basically like any media streamer(Roku/boxee/TVBR with apps).

My question is what is in the data stream both ways. Rendering data and polygons and raw graphics back? That's a lot of data both ways. Why GFX cards are loading up with fast ram on board. It can store all the data they describe without having to push it though the PCI bottleneck all the time.

All I can see is the server doing pre-rendered backgrounds and streaming it to the xbox while it handles the characters and objects. Sort of a hybrid between onlive and the old days of the rendered backgrounds on disc.

Edit, found some people that agree with me:
Digital Foundry examines Xbox One cloud computation claims | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/28/digital-foundry-examines-xbox-one-cloud-computation-claims/)
In Theory: Can the Xbox One cloud transform next-gen gaming? • Articles • Eurogamer.net (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming)
Debunking Xbox One cloud myths (http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/83120)

exitspeed
06-03-2013, 10:08 AM
All I can see is the server doing pre-rendered backgrounds and streaming it to the xbox while it handles the characters and objects. Sort of a hybrid between onlive and the old days of the rendered backgrounds on disc.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it.

Mister.E
06-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Damn, the internet is out, now I gotta slay polygons instead of dragons in Skyrim.

i'm not saying that the console is going to be rendered completely useless, obviously that would not be the case. but the effectiveness of it's performance of rendering items in the cloud will depend on a person's internet connection.

correct me if im wrong though, but didnt that say that you HAVE to be connected to the internet in order use the xbox one?

Future240
06-03-2013, 04:25 PM
i'm not saying that the console is going to be rendered completely useless, obviously that would not be the case. but the effectiveness of it's performance of rendering items in the cloud will depend on a person's internet connection.

correct me if im wrong though, but didnt that say that you HAVE to be connected to the internet in order use the xbox one?

Microsoft has not said for 100% yes or no yet.
Microsoft Unclear Regarding Always-Online Xbox One - IGN (http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection)

Though the latest rumor is that it will need to authenticate with the servers.
http://mp1st.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-will-authenticate-check-games-regularly/

Matej
06-03-2013, 06:55 PM
So if they say they have the means to enhance the Xbox through seamless cloud gaming integration, what is the point of even releasing a 'physical' hardware version of it? In a few years, the actual Xbox is what will be holding the Xbox experience back. :)
I feel that cloud computing will eventually render owning any kind of specialized technology obsolete. All one will physically need to own will be a controller/input device and a display.

bc.
06-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Yeah, I don't know what they are gonna do. But to only get max graphics when connected to internet seems silly either way (even though you may only have 24 hours to play your box before it locks you out)

bc.
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Though the latest rumor is that it will need to authenticate with the servers.
Xbox One - Internet Connection Required to Authenticate Games Regularly, No Used Game Fees - MP1st (http://mp1st.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-will-authenticate-check-games-regularly/)[/QUOTE]

"These checks will allegedly authenticate games by using an encryption code built into the game’s disc that will be installed to the hard drive. An internet connection will then be required to regularly verify that authentication code tied with that hard drive. If that game is installed to another hard drive on a different Xbox One, it will be deauthenticated on the original machine until re-installed."

So this is why they need online verification. They are letting you play the game without the disc in (I think) because it will be completely installed into the Nextbox. Now they want to double check that only one copy of the game is running because in practice, it could be loaned out like the high school whore and copied onto every box in the school district. I assume the re-install is only of the encryption key and not the game in its entirety.

Mister.E
06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I assume the re-install is only of the encryption key and not the game in its entirety.

For their sake, i hope so. Having to re-install the whole game would be super lame.

and just for shit's and gig's:

r2Ug29BVEPI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Ug29BVEPI)

bc.
06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
For their sake, i hope so. Having to re-install the whole game would be super lame.

and just for shit's and gig's
OMFG, I am going to the store for a Wii RIGHT FUCK NOW!

S14DB
06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't like how the Xbox One looks? Too bad now the 360 looks the same:

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-360-has-a-new-smaller-sleeker-and-quieter-tha-512305201

Free games ala PS+:
Free Games Coming to Xbox Live Gold Subscribers [Updated] (http://kotaku.com/existing-xbox-live-gold-members-will-begin-receiving-tw-512305727)

But, I just figured out 80pts = $1 a month ago...
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-points-are-no-more-once-the-xbox-one-arrives-512316765

exitspeed
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
The brought the games at least. I think they were smart. They had one show to show off the hardware and the TV features and a second show to just show games. They showed 20 games.

A few games stood out to me like Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3.

And it's $499.

It'll be interesting to see what Sony has in store later today and Nintendo tomorrow. I mean if Sony comes out and says "It just for games" and they release it at $299 it will KILL the X Box One. But I don't see it being that cheap. My guess will be $399 - $499.

SimpleS14
06-10-2013, 01:14 PM
$499 for XBOne

Your move Sony......

S14DB
06-10-2013, 11:15 PM
$499 for XBOne

Your move Sony......

http://i.imgur.com/ymUneDP.jpg

exitspeed
06-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Yeah, the consensus is that Sony killed it.

turbobrick
06-11-2013, 10:27 AM
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/173749/3381338b.jpg

Mister.E
06-11-2013, 10:51 AM
LMFAO! that is classic!

bc.
06-11-2013, 02:56 PM
I am wondering what Gamestop is gonna do about the one-time-resale of Xbox One games. Will they just not have used games for the system? or will they keep count on how many times a game is sold? It's worth $0.00 after the first resale basically...

MS has indirectly killed used games for their system. How can you assure that a game has only been loaded to one other box? Craigslist sales and retailers will suffer, you won't be able to sell your game if you tried.

Future240
06-11-2013, 05:12 PM
My guess is that Microsoft will eventually fold under the pressure. Sony is using the fact that used games will work as a marketing tool for goodness sake. Think Apple when itunes got rid of its DRM protection. My guess is that after a year or so they will release an update that kills off the 24 hour check in and lets used games play despite what publishers may want. I mean look at it

PS4 is:
Less expensive
Can play used games with no problem
Is more powerful
Does not require internet connection

These are all major advantages that Microsoft is facing. Of those used games and net connection are the easiest to fix faster.

zerodameaon
06-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Ehh the system is marginally faster, not really too big an advantage, at least not as much as everyone is bragging about.

Only thing that smokes the xbox one is the rams bandwidth but even then that is only one part of the system, and the Video card is only a small step faster. 1.23 vs 1.8. Now if MS was smart they would include a SSD and that would make up for some of that.

And honestly only time will tell because its only been two days. I remember the Xbox was declared dead when the original one launched, it did well, then I remember they were again declared dead when the 360 was announced, it did well again.

S14DB
06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
DxkEe_l7S3g

zerodameaon
06-12-2013, 01:00 AM
I will have to say the first thing that came to mind is they just kicked most deployed military to the curb when I heard about the always on thing. I would still prefer it to not be on the system but for most people its not going to affect them like all the haters would have us think.

bc.
06-12-2013, 08:35 AM
I wonder what the reaction would be to a computer being sold the same way, 'always on' internet connection with the webcam always on to function?

If these things really made sense, then they would be doing them on laptops and desktops as well. Or...... I wonder if this is just a test run for their future computers...

exitspeed
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM
MS said yesterday "If you have no internet connection, stick with 360". lol

SimpleS14
06-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Or...... I wonder if this is just a test run for their future computers...

More like a test run for future releases of Windows.

delado
06-12-2013, 11:51 AM
R.I.P we just killed the club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

zerodameaon
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I love the No Drm as a marketing tool, if you have to use that to win the console war then you know your features are not that much better than the competitor, which they are not, they are almost the same console.
This explains their DRM better, its still there, its still tough, and EA will still make you pay for used games like they did with Mass Effect 3, its just not any different than it was on the PS3.
Five Questions About the PS4 for Sony (http://allthingsd.com/20130611/five-questions-about-the-ps4-for-sonys-jack-tretton/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker)

Honestly if we call the war now the Wii U has won this battle and the PS4 and X1 are both fucked.

bc.
06-12-2013, 12:46 PM
This explains their DRM better, its still there, its still tough, and EA will still make you pay for used games like they did with Mass Effect 3, its just not any different than it was on the PS3.
I would rather have it the way Sony is doing than the way Microsoft is doing. I can boycott EA games if I want to, but this way I can still play other games on the PS4. Xbox has taken away that choice, so I chose to boycott them, plain and simple.

zerodameaon
06-12-2013, 01:31 PM
And that is your choice, I don't think it was the smartest move on Microsoft's part because if you listen to hype it has killed the xbox, but at the same time Sony is basing their whole marketing campaign off policy, and speaking very little about the gaming advantages of their system over the xbox. Maybe its because I don't generally buy used games causing me to not be worried about it, they always cost about the same and you get pennies on the dollar when you sell, and now a days you still have to buy all the included DLC which makes it just as expensive as a new game is. This is more of an attempts to kill services like Gamefly I would bet, even though they don't talk about it.

Either way the real winner here is AMD and their stockholders because they have parts in all three systems so they win the console war regardless of Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft. Your move Intel, oh wait you are so far ahead of AMD it really doesn't matter in the PC world.

Future240
06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
^You are right AMD is loving it.

Nvidia however....
http://m.cnet.com/news/nvidia-points-out-consoles-still-cant-keep-up-with-its-chips/57588911
I don't say this much but this sounds like a hater statement to me. I doubt AMD gives two craps their chips are less powerful since they will sell a lot more.

This might as well be the new ad lol.

http://i.imgur.com/AEzwCNN.jpg?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

zerodameaon
06-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Hahaha^ So true. One of these days I will end up with a PS4 as well. Still nothing can replace the NES for Nintendo so I doubt I will have one of the Wiis ever.

Since we are a car forum some info on Forza 5. Don't take it as gospel but it probably is pretty accurate.
15 Things I Learned About Forza 5 at the E3 Party Last Night : Breaking Drift News (http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2013/06/12/15-things-i-learned-about-forza-5-at-the-e3-party-last-night/)

Riq
06-12-2013, 03:12 PM
After watching both presentations I have to say that the Xbox one has zero shot at beating the PS4. Looks like I'm switching back to Sony for my next home system. The Funny thing is no matter how powerful either of these things are, they would get crushed by a well built PC.

AFSil80
06-12-2013, 04:02 PM
http://hugelolcdn.com/i/137601.gif

anti tyler
06-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Oh the joys of knowing someone who value's your military service! I have an xbox one on order for a total of $350

I could care less what the PS4 bolsters, I haven't enjoyed playing on their systems since playing Spyro on PS1 / at the same time, hats off to all the PS fanboys & people making the switch to PS. That's your choice whether it's because of the price, the features (or lack there of) or whatever the case may be.

I'm going to enjoy hacking apart an Xbox one, and modding the hell out of it's nifty 3 OS's.

theronin
06-12-2013, 04:47 PM
All of this is speculation until the consoles hit the shelves and people turn em on. You are kidding yourself if you think MS isn't keeping it's eye on the net to see what people are worried about.

turbobrick
06-12-2013, 09:42 PM
R.I.P we just killed the club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

Also right afterwards they uploaded this

Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA)

zerodameaon
06-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Also right afterwards they uploaded this

Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA)

Unless its a EA game, then its so nurtured you won't want to play without paying for their game pass thing. So in effect doing the Microsoft shuffle.

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 are coming to X1 so one less thing for PS4 fanboys to hold over the X1.
List of preorder titles, keep in mind the dates are more of just place holders.
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-Xbox-One/zgbs/videogames/6469269011/ref=zg_bs_unv_vg_2_6469296011_1

Matej
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
You are kidding yourself if you think MS isn't keeping it's eye on the net to see what people are worried about.
They do not seem to be. All of Microsoft's major releases within the past couple of years have been met with disappointment. The only still-popular thing they have going for them is Office.

S14DB
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
They do not seem to be. All of Microsoft's major releases within the past couple of years have been met with disappointment. The only still-popular thing they have going for them is Office.

All they do with office is move the buttons around for the last 10 yrs.

gist864
06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
the only thing i mean the only thing that would get me back on xbox is forza i just like how it plays compared to GT

zerodameaon
06-13-2013, 06:57 PM
All they do with office is move the buttons around for the last 10 yrs.

You forgot add in cloud support, I mean skydrive because I don't think it supports others out of the box. There are probably a few things changed on those services no one ever uses but then is it really useful?

Matej
06-13-2013, 08:28 PM
You forgot add in cloud support, I mean skydrive because I don't think it supports others out of the box.
Yes, they are slowly ruining Office as well. It all started with them trying to streamline all of their products with their mobile OS.
And installing their products is becoming a real nuisance. Though that seems to go for almost any new software lately.
I miss the days when one would just stick in a CD, run the installer, and be done, without having to register for various accounts and services online only to be able to use the program itself.

zerodameaon
06-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh I was not defending it, just adding in a almost useless function as a joke, because you can just set your default save folder to google drive, dropbox etc.

AFSil80
06-14-2013, 06:13 PM
So lemme get this straight.

Microsoft Xbox One has a built in Kinect that is on at all times, and able to track your movements in order to 'turn on' the system.

Microsoft is complicit in PRISM, the NSA program centered around pretty much spying on Americans.

Does nobody else see a problem with this? George Orwell ring a bell?

zerodameaon
06-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Well that track your movements to turn on is not correct, you must vocally tell it to turn on as it only draws enough power to listen (supposedly, it's too early to tell). That and you can also disable that feature (supposedly, it's too early to tell), or if you are really paranoid just unplug the thing when you hack up the next door neighbor on your living room floor.

Yeah this whole NSA thing was kinda inconvenient of a time for MS, but there is some stuff left out of that whole MSNSA thing, unless the facts have changed since yesterday they could only listen to skype calls placed to conventional phones, which they already can tap anyways so its not really like its skype is to blame but instead Verizon, ATT, Tmobile etc. It seems like the Kinect thing has kept the public off the other companies who are named like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and so on, it could very be a strategic diversion in the news by some of these companies onto the backs of a already PR fucked company.

Just speculation but some food for thought on a fucked up situation.

Edit: So it seems they could tap any conventional phone system but also asked for the skype to skype stuff, that was not included in the few things I read yesterday, and neither was the fact that Skype has been doing this since before MS, not to say MS would not have joined but they bought into the program.

theronin
06-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Well that track your movements to turn on is not correct, you must vocally tell it to turn on as it only draws enough power to listen (supposedly, it's too early to tell). That and you can also disable that feature (supposedly, it's too early to tell), or if you are really paranoid just unplug the thing when you hack up the next door neighbor on your living room floor.

Yeah this whole NSA thing was kinda inconvenient of a time for MS, but there is some stuff left out of that whole MSNSA thing, unless the facts have changed since yesterday they could only listen to skype calls placed to conventional phones, which they already can tap anyways so its not really like its skype is to blame but instead Verizon, ATT, Tmobile etc. It seems like the Kinect thing has kept the public off the other companies who are named like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and so on, it could very be a strategic diversion in the news by some of these companies onto the backs of a already PR fucked company.

Just speculation but some food for thought on a fucked up situation.

Edit: So it seems they could tap any conventional phone system but also asked for the skype to skype stuff, that was not included in the few things I read yesterday, and neither was the fact that Skype has been doing this since before MS, not to say MS would not have joined but they bought into the program.

Devils advocate: I don't do anything to harm this country so I have nothing to fear.

Also, I love how, a discussion on a gaming console has slowly derailed into an NSA conspiracy thread. ONLY ON ZILVIA LADIES AND GENTLEMAN ;)

AFSil80
06-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Devils advocate: I don't do anything to harm this country so I have nothing to fear.

Also, I love how, a discussion on a gaming console has slowly derailed into an NSA conspiracy thread. ONLY ON ZILVIA LADIES AND GENTLEMAN ;)

No, trust me. Lots of car forums I frequent are making this connection.

2Slow40
06-16-2013, 12:10 PM

The "nothing to fear" argument is understandable. I'm personally not afraid of NSA snooping.

But it seems like everyone thinks America is done. Like America has been built, established and is running on autopilot now. But it's not. America isn't perfect and there are still a lot of battles (political, social, civil, and so on) to be fought. Things can still change very quickly, we are not immune to the problems many other governments face.

Right now it might be used for good but what about 50 years from now? What if the government becomes as corrupt as conspiracy theorists think it is?

What if there's a civil war? The winner could easily be the group who can track everyone... but are they going to be the ones we want to win?

What if another MLK comes around and tries to rally the people for change? Will he be able to do anything if the people who don't want the change can track him?

They say they need a court order to pull the records. What does that mean? How easy would it be for some rich guy with an agenda to pay an NSA employee to pull the records for him? They make it sound like the only thing stopping them from pull records is a law. Laws are easily broken.

I don't really know how I feel about this whole NSA thing. It seems like a double edge sword. It can be used for good or evil extremely easily without anyone knowing it's happening. Sitting back and saying "well I have nothing to worry about" isn't a good idea though. It really isn't about effecting you directly, because it probably wont, it's more about it effecting America and it's future. Just my opinion, sorry to derail this thread even more.

dsastr_clan
06-17-2013, 01:53 AM
So lemme get this straight.

Microsoft Xbox One has a built in Kinect that is on at all times, and able to track your movements in order to 'turn on' the system.

Microsoft is complicit in PRISM, the NSA program centered around pretty much spying on Americans.

Does nobody else see a problem with this? George Orwell ring a bell?

this!!! ^^

im sad that i wont be playing any of the newer Halos,,, since ill be dropping Xbox for a ps4

AFSil80
06-17-2013, 04:39 AM
The "nothing to fear" argument is understandable. I'm personally not afraid of NSA snooping.

But it seems like everyone thinks America is done. Like America has been built, established and is running on autopilot now. But it's not. America isn't perfect and there are still a lot of battles (political, social, civil, and so on) to be fought. Things can still change very quickly, we are not immune to the problems many other governments face.

Right now it might be used for good but what about 50 years from now? What if the government becomes as corrupt as conspiracy theorists think it is?

What if there's a civil war? The winner could easily be the group who can track everyone... but are they going to be the ones we want to win?

What if another MLK comes around and tries to rally the people for change? Will he be able to do anything if the people who don't want the change can track him?

They say they need a court order to pull the records. What does that mean? How easy would it be for some rich guy with an agenda to pay an NSA employee to pull the records for him? They make it sound like the only thing stopping them from pull records is a law. Laws are easily broken.

I don't really know how I feel about this whole NSA thing. It seems like a double edge sword. It can be used for good or evil extremely easily without anyone knowing it's happening. Sitting back and saying "well I have nothing to worry about" isn't a good idea though. It really isn't about effecting you directly, because it probably wont, it's more about it effecting America and it's future. Just my opinion, sorry to derail this thread even more.

While I have nothing to hide, the govt has no business snooping on me just because.

zerodameaon
06-17-2013, 06:05 AM
But until one of us has the means and the will (you really do need both, will only gets you so far) to rise up and lead that fight it will just be a million cries in the darkness as it currently is. First things first this voting system needs to go, the majority of the american public is smart enough to vote now, we don't need this proxy system we have now.

And I will leave the conspiracy crap at that, back to the Xbox. Any exciting games that may not have been discussed here already? Exclusive, or multi system regardless.

Mister.E
06-17-2013, 06:52 AM
this!!! ^^

im sad that i wont be playing any of the newer Halos,,, since ill be dropping Xbox for a ps4

Just get Destiny, it's also made by Bungie.

redline racer510
06-17-2013, 09:46 AM
XBOX ONE = TRY HARD PIECE OF CRAP
Just my two cents love it or hate it.

SimpleS14
06-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Xbox One "May Not Work" in Unsupported Regions | TechnoBuffalo (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/06/17/xbox-one-may-not-work-in-unsupported-regions/)

Not entirely a shocker IMO

zerodameaon
06-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Xbox One "May Not Work" in Unsupported Regions | TechnoBuffalo (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/06/17/xbox-one-may-not-work-in-unsupported-regions/)

Yeah the 360 did not sell there so why waste the time in allowing it to be one of the countries. Granted it would be better if there were no restrictions but hey it makes sense to not waste any resources on a place that is not a market for your product. At the same time though a simple VPN service can solve this issue. My friends 360 would not allow him to view videos in the UAE so he set up a VPN to the US, works like a charm.

S14DB
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM

Japan is not a shocker after how the 360 is a special model in Japan. I know someone that bought a JP 360 just to play certain Japanese market games.

Which begs the question of the new Kinect. Will it be far sighted like the current model?

zerodameaon
06-19-2013, 12:06 AM
It is supposedly not as bad, it can accept small rooms without glasses like the 360 version. What I want to know is will it be better with voice control and not just randomly pause and not pause when I tell it to?

So I just found an app to order Pizzahut with Kinect on the 360, now we can yell our orders at the TV just like a half aware cashier. Not quite sure how I feel about it.

AFSil80
06-19-2013, 07:59 AM
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/141551.jpg

SimpleS14
06-19-2013, 10:39 AM
^-- That's The Internet for ya

theronin
06-19-2013, 03:06 PM
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Told ya. No always online, used games are fine now. MS isn't stupid. Took em less than a month to change policy.

AFSil80
06-19-2013, 03:11 PM
But the issue is that it took an outcry from their customer base to do it...unlike Sony.

S14DB
06-19-2013, 03:13 PM
It is supposedly not as bad, it can accept small rooms without glasses like the 360 version. What I want to know is will it be better with voice control and not just randomly pause and not pause when I tell it to?

So I just found an app to order Pizzahut with Kinect on the 360, now we can yell our orders at the TV just like a half aware cashier. Not quite sure how I feel about it.
Voice Control on the 360 was always a "Beta" feature. They have been doing voice recognition training on the kinect for a while now. You can go into settings and use the learning tool.

I saw an ad on TV for Pizza Slut the other night and they had iPhone, Android and XBL icons at the end of the ad. I was like WTF? The phone app is horrible compared to web. No sales or specials Just build your pizza and pay full price.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Told ya. No always online, used games are fine now. MS isn't stupid. Took em less than a month to change policy.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.
Please Sir, can I have another?
You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you.
I guess a post by post beat down is how you show love these days.
Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.
What I thought, Japan is a special case like the 360 not region locking.

theronin
06-19-2013, 03:21 PM
But the issue is that it took an outcry from their customer base to do it...unlike Sony.

What the fuck does it matter? If anything I view that as a good thing they are paying attention, and not stubbornly telling everyone to shut up and take it. You are kidding yourself if you think Sony wasn't watching too. They went viral with their ads a few days after the outcry started. Bet your ass if noone woulda complained, and this took off Sony would have followed suit. They would be dumb to let a revenue stream like that go.

EnemyS15
06-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Welp I am now sold on the one. Glad to see they came to their senses.

tricky_ab
06-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Thank god people didn't lay down and accept this as 'the future'.

Tis a good day.

zerodameaon
06-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Just goes to show that the guy blabbing 360 if you don't like it is really only an actor. MS isn't stupid, granted we just lost the ability to share games with friends at the same time as we are playing them but that was not going to be a big selling point anyways.

And Sony is not this innocent company they would have you believe, they did everything in their power to gain the upperhand and secure your money, and if the outcry is any indication it worked.

EnemyS15
06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
I honestly feel this was all planned by MS to get people talking about it and get everyone fired up.

Mister.E
06-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm still getting a PS4, MS and the XBox can suck it. Unless an outcry from the customers gets them to step up the hardware specs of their system too...

zerodameaon
06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
I honestly feel this was all planned by MS to get people talking about it and get everyone fired up.

Haha it worked if that was the case.

I'm still getting a PS4, MS and the XBox can suck it. Unless an outcry from the customers gets them to step up the hardware specs of their system too...

You act like there is some large difference like last gen, the systems are closer than you think. Not saying don't buy a PS4 just saying your argument is not that strong lol.

Corbic
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM

Jews didn't do anything to Germany....

I think the abuse of power in the EPA and IRS should be more then enough to cause you fear.

So you tell a friend on a phone call you are pro gun, or you send an email saying Gay marriage is stupid... how do you know this won't then come back and be used against you in some sort of subversive insidious way? Apply for federal loan - rejected... cause someone put a tag on your file.

Matej
06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Jews didn't do anything to Germany...
That is history unwritten.

theronin
06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Yes they did.
That is history unwritten though.

Can we keep the Holocaust, and the conspiracy theories out of our nerdgasm orgy please?

SupaDoopa
06-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Starting to see what the argument is now? MS changed their policies and we already all know the system will be changed by the time it releases. I secured a pre-order for ONE and I will not be changing my mind.

AFSil80
06-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Can we keep the Holocaust, and the conspiracy theories out of our nerdgasm orgy please?

Not as long as Microsoft is still connected to PRISM!

:drama:

Homeboyx
06-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Something tells me this was just a feeler as to see what they could get away with. lol

zerodameaon
06-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Xbox One Pre-Orders at Amazon Jump to Top Spot, Beating PS4 Pre-Orders | Daily Game (http://www.dailygame.net/videogames/sony/ps4-news/xbox-one-pre-orders-at-amazon-jump-to-top-spot-beating-ps4-pre-orders)

Did not see that coming even with them removing head from ass.

And funny part about Prism was Skype was part of it before MS even owned them, yet MS gets the bad rep and that fact gets forgotten. Yeah they are still part of it, yeah they still bought into it, but it is still a fact that gets swept under the rug.

bc.
06-20-2013, 07:11 AM
I don't think they did all this as a media hype tool... I honestly think this was the direction they want to take. Good for us for speaking out and calling them on their bullshit!
And don't think "MS is too smart to make a mistake like this" big companies make big mistakes ALL THE TIME.

Hopefully this puts the nail in the coffin for ridiculous DRM restrictions.

SimpleSexy180
06-20-2013, 09:59 AM
i just cant find myself buying ONE for killer instinct and forza. the ps4 sure has me puzzled. the first one with an SNK fighting game has my money.

zerodameaon
06-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Well it will still require internet for first time setup to remove the internet requirement, so those of you without internet are going to need to bring it to a friends house or update it over cell phone tethering. I guess it is cheaper for them to include this in the already planned first day update then to go back and unbox everything and update it that way, makes sense though. But lets be honest how many of you are posting from dialup?

Some of the features like instant switching and what not are somewhat neutered now since you have to swap out game disks but that will end up effecting less people then it will bring by removing the requirements.

tootall4la
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Still wouldn't buy it

zerodameaon
06-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Microsoft doesn't care if you won't buy it, they got a lot of other people who are going to now.

Also this is pretty damn funny and has some valid points.
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul: abnormalasfuck: moustacherides: ... (http://ride-the-red-line.tumblr.com/post/53445175558/abnormalasfuck-moustacherides)

bc.
06-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Also this is pretty damn funny and has some valid points.
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul: abnormalasfuck: moustacherides: ... (http://ride-the-red-line.tumblr.com/post/53445175558/abnormalasfuck-moustacherides)
Kinda funny in a satiric way, but most of his points are invalid because they didn't take any features away, they just no longer require you to use them. So it is the same box, with less restrictions. And unless you really love DRM, this is an upgrade in that policy as well. (Just because I have a used game, doesn't mean I sell it at Gamestop for $dirt$... ie: Craigslist)

Xbox One Pre-Orders at Amazon Jump to Top Spot, Beating PS4 Pre-Orders | Daily Game (http://www.dailygame.net/videogames/sony/ps4-news/xbox-one-pre-orders-at-amazon-jump-to-top-spot-beating-ps4-pre-orders)
Also, this title is very misleading, if you read the article it explains why. I hate when articles do that just to get clicks...

zerodameaon
06-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Kinda funny in a satiric way, but most of his points are invalid because they didn't take any features away, they just no longer require you to use them. So it is the same box, with less restrictions. And unless you really love DRM, this is an upgrade in that policy as well. (Just because I have a used game, doesn't mean I sell it at Gamestop for $dirt$... ie: Craigslist)

Also, this title is very misleading, if you read the article it explains why. I hate when articles do that just to get clicks...

Yeah it is mainly satire.
Well they did take some features away like discless gameplay and the sharing with friends thing, though they did keep family sharing which would be useful to a lot less people. My thing about valid points is the part about Steam, they are pretty much doing the same thing yet no one is screaming for their heads on a pike. There are also a number of developers who have their own version like Ubisoft and EA.

And yes it is pretty misleading but it still at the number one spot even if they only have one console to pre order instead of 5 different options but my surprise still stands, they occupy a higher spot than any one PS4 item. Which is really what they are reporting on in that article.

EDIT: I think they should have gone about this in two ways. Either you have the 24hr check to enable discless gaming, or you chose not to have it and be required to use the disc. They could have implemented that using the built in authentication keys on the game discs. The used game thing, good riddance.

Not Xbox related but still gaming related.
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1341736/64aa38d1f207e3b87b279bd6f0a8123c_width_640x.jpg

DALAZ_68
07-31-2015, 09:35 AM
hey guys, thinking of getting time warners 34.99 deal Speeds up to 50/5Mbps, thoughts? experience? my dsl att internet is garbage, even directly connected it lags horribly. any input would be appreciated...