PDA

View Full Version : Palomar Mountain

KA24DESOneThree
04-23-2004, 12:04 PM
If any of you say anything about saying touge spots on the internet, I reserve the right to flame your ass from here to kingdom come.

Have any of you been up Palomar Mountain? South Grade Road is awesome (58 turns in 7 miles), but it's getting crowded. More and more superbikers run the mountain on the weekends, and more and more screw up and crash. I've heard that the residents are so tired of the superbikers that they've begun putting sand on the apexes of the turns so the superbikers have to either drive slower or crash. Jesus, that's screwed up. Anyway, Palomar apparently also has CHP posted at the top and bottom to help stop the stupidity by superbikers and mountainrunners alike. I've been up Palomar at least 10 times and I've decided I don't like it on Saturdays, or holidays. It's friggin' dangerous now. So, I do it early in the morning when I can't get myself hit by a superbiker's head. Or bike. Tell your Palomar stories.

old_s13
04-23-2004, 04:06 PM
whats a SUPER biker?

is that like SUPER nintendo?

DRFT
04-23-2004, 04:24 PM
super nintendo sega genesis, when i was a kid i couldn't picture this

Zoom8112
04-23-2004, 05:35 PM
biggie's *juicy*

Kid Zelda
04-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Super twin up massive .. east, west .. stianes .. massive , biggie up 2 pac

WheelSpin18
04-23-2004, 06:32 PM
super nintendo sega genesis, when i was a kid i couldn't picture this

I think its:

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this
50 inch screen, money green leather sofa
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur.......

Just for the hell of it, who can guess what rapper/song this is from haha:

Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door
One him come crawl through through my window
So they put me in the back the car at the station
From that point on I reach my destination
Well the destination reached in down-a East detention
Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom

Hint:He is white.

Your thread has been jacked BTW

WheelSpin18
04-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Super twin up massive .. east, west .. stianes .. massive , biggie up 2 pac

lol ali g is the man.

MakotoS13
04-23-2004, 06:41 PM
for some reason i think road rash when i read this thread

DRFT
04-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Just for the hell of it, who can guess what rapper/song this is from haha:

Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door
One him come crawl through through my window
So they put me in the back the car at the station
From that point on I reach my destination
Well the destination reached in down-a East detention
Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom

Hint:He is white.

Your thread has been jacked BTW
B radd?

dam gay message length

doriftokouki
04-23-2004, 08:40 PM
I know what your saying about palomar, I wouldnt even go on it anymore, to many people, police helicopters, police cars, and if what you say is true, some of the most dangerous turns now have sand on them, its kind of gay now.

zenkiDori
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
i'm sure glad colorado drivers aren't stupid enough to post up specific locations.

doriftokouki
04-23-2004, 08:42 PM
i'm sure glad colorado drivers aren't stupid enough to post up specific locations.

This spots has been posted more then once, the spot is already blown, posting about it is not going to make a difference.

zenkiDori
04-23-2004, 10:28 PM
it started somewhere. doesn't help.

knightrider
04-25-2004, 10:34 AM
palomar is so known, and so crowded, its horrible now, so bad, its been on the news several times, hell the first time i went up palomar mountain was for 6th grade camp, and every 6th grader goes, its not a secret or anything new.

zenkiDori
04-25-2004, 01:04 PM
indeed. from what i've heard many places in cali are already blown. but how did that start? with people talking about it all over the place. if you post stuff like this even about well known places n00bs may think it's ok to talk about any place. just a suggestion really.

old_s13
04-25-2004, 02:18 PM
the most dangerous turns now have sand on them, its kind of gay now.

no, that just makes it MORE fun for us DRIFT-R's!!!! :) No seriously.. it does. :) :)

indeed. from what i've heard many places in cali are already blown. but how did that start? with people talking about it all over the place. if you post stuff like this even about well known places n00bs may think it's ok to talk about any place. just a suggestion really.

Oh god who cares.. its as if people have never lived and dont know about streets like Mulholland, Sunset, Sepulveda.. its not like these are hidden spots that get BLOWN. Its so silly to say that.

The SCARCE spots are so up in the canyons that people dont bother going out there.. thats the way I see it. Its not like we're gonna run out of canyons.. bikers have been doing this shit FOR EVAR.. and here we find a few spots and think "omg.. its SACRED"

open the map, find twisty ass roads and go for a drive. shit i just go driving randomly to go find short-cuts and other roads to have fun on.. i dont think there will ever be a shortage in los angeles.

DRFT0nE
04-25-2004, 02:24 PM
^^hell nah.. haha.. L.A. is the land of roads!

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Biggest reason they got so much CHP presence on Palomar now is because Camp Pendleton requested them to be there. When most of the marines got back from IRAQ, they all had loot and most decided to buy bikes. They had 10 Marines get killed on Palomar alone in a 2 months span.

old_s13
04-25-2004, 05:28 PM
They had 10 Marines get killed on Palomar alone in a 2 months span.

isnt that called survival of the fittest?

zenkiDori
04-26-2004, 04:27 AM
indeed but from what i've seen cali roads aren't that cool and i would want to keep the few good ones on the d/l. this shit has been going on for hella long time but when everyone and thier ricer friends start going it becomes a big problem. shit i just saw an episode of ChiPs where they were mountain racing in old skool muscle cars, so yeah it's not new, but if someone was going around CO telling everyone about good spots i'd try and talk to them. it's just the example thing. there are some well known roads, fine don't go there, but if someone finds a "new" road and they start talking about it all over the place bam, no more spot.

Andrew Bohan
04-26-2004, 11:35 AM
fuck it, ima just build my own road

KA24DESOneThree
04-26-2004, 01:04 PM
zenkiDori, I was going to live up to my word to flame you, but I decided against it. With over 200 sportbikers going up and down Palomar per weekend, (most likely much more than that) it is NOWHERE near a secret. Oh, and it was featured in the "Wheels" section of the San Diego Union Tribune. As a complete non-secret, I figured it would be ok to talk about it, since it is now known to, hmmm, about 500,000 people. However, you do have a point about n00bs posting spots or someone pulling some stupid crap like telling a paper about a truly "secret" spot.

Palomar actually started as word of mouth, and it seems like it's gotten bigger recently. I've been running it for a year and a half now, and unless I'm going insane, there are more and more vehicles both two-wheeled and four-wheeled driving it at crazy speeds. I tend to take it a little easy... only moderate slip angles early in the morning. I'm gonna have to do a recon run first just to check the conditions and cop situation. Damn those stupid squid bikers who fck everything up for us.

zenkiDori
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
i understand where you are coming from. there are some very well known roads out here that bikers and car club cruises go on, but i wouldn't tell everyone i touge there(i don't anyway) because it gives newbies and ricers a place to start. streetraces are a lot easier to find then places like this but it won't help if you post a map and directions to those places. some places may be absoloutly horrbile for touge driving because of houses nearby or lots of traffic of frequent patrols, but these kids don't know better and one of them will get caught or crash then cops will increase patrols of roads like that and ruin the fun for everyone. i'm not trying to bag on you directly, just get my point accross that if it were my backyard i wouldn't much appreciate posting stuff on public forums.

BTW, how does everyone feel about import tuner posting road locations and using people's real names then faking drift pics? i thought that was some pretty fucking bad journalism.

KA24DESOneThree
04-28-2004, 12:38 PM
I figured since Palomar is a favored topic on sport bike forums, it'd be cool. Plus, Zilvia is pretty much devoid of ricers.

Anyway, I'm headed that direction tomorrow morning... I'll tell you how it went.

zenkiDori
04-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Plus, Zilvia is pretty much devoid of ricers.
are you shitting me?!?!?!? hahahahaha.

ONYX S-13
04-28-2004, 01:10 PM
They had 10 Marines get killed on Palomar alone in a 2 months span.

isnt that called survival of the fittest?Indeed it is :D

ThatGuy
04-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Bikes + Young Unexperienced Marines = Death. It universal to every base we have. Hate seeing it. Why can't they be original, like the rest of the Marine Corps, and buy a Civic or a Mustang! :hammer:

KA24DESOneThree
04-29-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm back; went up another 2 and a half times. (Two full times up and down and then one-half up and down the third time because I ran out of time.) It was 41 degrees at the top. Visibility was 25 feet for a while due to fog, but about 30 turns were clear. That raises the Palomar Run Total to 12.5. Nice wear on the Azenis Sports, too. Man, I love life.

JuJuBee
05-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I figured since Palomar is a favored topic on sport bike forums, it'd be cool. Plus, Zilvia is pretty much devoid of ricers.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA....check yourself before you wreck yourself, there are TONS of ricers here

JuJuBee
05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm back; went up another 2 and a half times. (Two full times up and down and then one-half up and down the third time because I ran out of time.) It was 41 degrees at the top. Visibility was 25 feet for a while due to fog, but about 30 turns were clear. That raises the Palomar Run Total to 12.5. Nice wear on the Azenis Sports, too. Man, I love life.

counting how many times you been up for canyon runs is :ghey:

stretch240sx
05-05-2004, 12:49 PM
yeah palomar isnt like the gmr.... that was a semi secret spot that was already in the process of beign blown... the guys just spead up the process.

ive know about running palomar ever since i was like 7 and my dad would come back on a bike and id help him clean/fix it. it is totaly a known spot if you are into bikes/cars.

driftokouki would know what im talking about...

yeah the whole more bikes and what not... its just a part of life. people are gonna get bikes, some have expierence, some dont... some are smarter than others. ive heard recent stories about the sand and more cops. and there 2 months need to be shortened to like 1 cause i know it was less than that.