PDA

View Full Version : "Drift Exhibition" at Laguna Seca on April 30th

RBS14
04-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything about it? SUPPOSEDLY there are going to be "10 of Japan's best professional drifters competing against america's top drifters for a $10,000 Cash prize"

This is from a radio ad i heard today here in Santa Cruz........ anyone heard about it?

NZO
04-22-2004, 07:40 PM
http://www.laguna-seca.com/PressReleases/index.cfm?ID=74
http://www.roadandtrack.com/zoom/race_schedule_mazda.asp

Yay a whole HOUR of drifting, spread over 2 days. Guess its cool if you live nearby.

Flybert
04-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Here's is the good thing about it. This might open the doors to actually being able to drift on that track. Pretty much the only cool section is the first turns. You could pull off some mad high speed choku dori right there.

HyperTek
04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
It does look like a good event, good drivers, and its not directed towards "import shows" or the usual "showoff" type event.

RBS14
04-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks Christian. I guess I'll go anyways even if it will be wack, it's only 1/2 an hour away. and Flybert, you're right, Nic with the FC and I were saying the exact same thing today.

TRUENOCOUPE
04-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I;ve heard about it.

A friend of mine Easy drives for Mazda. Mazda is actually going to build a drift car for him and hes going to compete this year or so.

Ill be out there.

hondaguy
04-23-2004, 01:44 PM
yea it might be good every1 from here is going since its only like a 10 min.drive so if you see a bunch of punk ass kids 240s/sil40s/86.and fc stop by and say hi,20 bucks for 2 days that pretty good

SidewaysS14
04-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Its about time some peeps started talkin bout this event, I already bought tickets 2 weeks ago, and booked upa room at da Holidaie Innnn!!!

asdf54
04-27-2004, 11:36 PM
yea it might be good every1 from here is going since its only like a 10 min.drive so if you see a bunch of punk ass kids 240s/sil40s/86.and fc stop by and say hi,20 bucks for 2 days that pretty good

$20? thought itwas total fo $25 for fri+ saturday. anyone know any other way of getting tickets w/o credit card?

hondaguy
04-28-2004, 12:42 AM
I think u can buy them at the front gate.

asdf54
04-28-2004, 01:02 AM
I think u can buy them at the front gate.

I was gonna not go cuz Im low on cash, but now i want to go again

sLiDewAys
04-29-2004, 05:33 PM
AHOY, yeah i bought my tickets at the souvenere shop" however u spell that" anyway they were 20.00 for 2 days," friday and saturday" ive been eharing about a night session for the japanses frmo 8-10 turn 2?? just a rumor! well i ll be out there, look for the 2 tone sil80 black/red w CANCER:)

brandon

afro sheen makes a good sliding compound! just fill your whiper squirter resivour with it, re-route it to the rear and squirt away:)

RBS14
04-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Actually I won't be able to make it now........ oh well. You bastards better have fun tho.

sLiDewAys
04-29-2004, 11:26 PM
well that sucks, would have been nice to see some old zilvia frends. anyhow. whoever doesnt show up, have fun doing whatever they had done as an alternate to coming to laguna seca! ill try and get some pics for u guys

brandon

Heartwork
04-30-2004, 11:25 AM
AHOY, yeah i bought my tickets at the souvenere shop" however u spell that" anyway they were 20.00 for 2 days," friday and saturday"

what shop is this?
would it be any cheaper to buy tickets just for one of the days?

doriftokouki
05-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Ken Gushi won, he is $10,000 richer now

hondaguy
05-02-2004, 01:46 AM
the event was dope that new gto and viper were goin at it like it was d1 it was fun tho

sLiDewAys
05-02-2004, 12:49 PM
ooO wEEE yeah man that shit was SICK! thats all i can say right now. anyway. the laguans eca event overwall was pretty dope. watching hte mazda and miata cup. got first glance at the new turbno miata but somehow it kept mshocking me when i touched it:(. here is a small list of the d1 cars that showed up.

1) GUSHI AUTO -ONEVIA "ken gushi"
2) GUSHI AUTO -SIL-1580 "ernie fiximer"
3) PACIFIC RIM - s13 SILVIA
4) JIC - supercharged 350z
5) MOTOREX - sr powered 350z
6) JSPEC - rb26 powred kouki 180sx
7) Slide or Die- sr powered fc3s
8) RSR - kouki s14
9) PONTIAC- GT0 "ryse millen"
10) MOPAR - 500+hp doge viper
11)??????? - turbo mazda miata
12) NOR CAL Drift Associatioin - FC3S" blown 13b" - FC3S 13bt disquallified.
13) RSR - full carbon fiver s2000 "alex phifer" DISQUALLIFIED anyhow!

!!!!!!!!!i want to make some coment on this guy! i met his friday, seemed like a cool cat, so saturday next to the YOKOHAMA booth there were leftover tires that the guys said we could have! me and a group of friends went looking for some that were salvagable for the dirvers to sign! I FOUND ME A SET OF ADVAN NEOVA's with 50+% treat left. i was SOO EXITED! so i went to the RSR booth and tried to get "ALEX" to sing it! and you knoe what that "MOtha F*7*7&ker told me" " what hte hell, you cant have these, they are neovas" and he took them away from me? what a prick! anuyhow, that killed my day!
but yeah, the event was great, ken gishi is 10,000 richer! but why was he just hittin the rev limiter when he won??? ionnooo?

brandon

Heartwork
05-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Ken Gushi won, he is $10,000 richer now
he won, but did not get the whole $10,000.....basically, his TEAM got the $10,000...
im very happy for him :)

jy116
05-02-2004, 05:19 PM
howbout some pics?! O yeh, you coulda drove the mazda speed miata at Rev It Up... i was workin there, but stupid breaks werent long enough to let me get a test drive in >: (

Teh Luckinator
05-02-2004, 11:30 PM
2) GUSHI AUTO -SIL-1580 "ernie fiximer"

Ernie Fixmer is for Gushi Auto now? D=

RBS14
05-03-2004, 09:02 AM
^^^^^

since he was driving his own car it doesn't surprise me........

SidewaysS14
05-03-2004, 09:52 AM
The International Drift Shootout was a bitchin' event, yet there were some jerks next to me that were actually booing the GTO, and the Viper just cause they were American cars, so sad. I mean we all love our cars, yet why boo good drifters, c'mon, its not like they could do any better, stewpid newbs.

sLIDewAys--yeah I was talkin to Alex too, he's actually a good guy, maybe you shoulda just been straight up with him and said that they had been given to you, he's just a driver, he has no authority to take your shit away! But it was a good hit when he colided with the JIC 350Z, in the CF S2K, haha, I cheered him as the S2K limped by...while the Z was towed...

Krazy Bunta
05-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Just to clarify, Team NCDA was NOT disqualified, infact we were given a second chance and competed against the Viper in best 8. 500+ HP vs. the stock FC, woot woot! We were VERY competitive.

Don
Team NCDA
Nor-Cal Drift Academy
www.ncda.net

Find the story and pics on our forum. www.ncda.net/forums

Official Results:

Best 16
- Rhys Millen advances on a bye
- Daijiro Yoshihara defeated Tony Angelo (DG Trials Mazda RX-7)
- Ernie Fixmer (Team Rotora Nissan 180SX) advances when Rich Rutherford (Team Kengai – IGN Nissan 240SX) was unable to start due to a mechanical failure in practice
- Tanner Foust (second chance) defeats Chris Forsberg (MotoRex Nissan 350Z)
- Ken Gushi advances on when Ryan Hampton (Team JIC Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata) was unable to start
- Hayashida defeats Todd Ho (NorCal Drift Academy Mazda RX-7)
- Alex Pheiffer (Team R-SR Honda S2000) vs. Bryan Norris (Team JIC Nissan 350Z) … Car-to-car incident during the round eliminated both drivers and neither advanced to the next round
- Hubinette advances on a bye

Best 8
- Millen defeats Yoshihara
- Foust defeats Fixmer
- Gushi defeats Hayashida
- Hubinette defeats Ho (second chance for Ho, when both Pheiffer or Norris were eliminated)

Semi Finals
- Millen defeats Tanner
- Gushi defeats Hubinette

Finals
- Gushi defeats Millen

(Note: Second chance drivers are determined by the driver with the most points who did not advance to the next round, as was the case with Foust in Best 16 round and Ho in Best 8 round.)

JuJuBee
05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
fixmer and gushi are no longer with rotora afaik

sLiDewAys
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
http://www.laguna-seca.com/PressReleases/index.cfm?ID=74
http://www.roadandtrack.com/zoom/race_schedule_mazda.asp

Yay a whole HOUR of drifting, spread over 2 days. Guess its cool if you live nearby.

haha

just to clear that up! friday had about an hour and 1/2 of drifting, which wasnt that badd. but i got a chance to talk to all the drivers and actually have a few sign on of my only left over advan neova's" schredded to shit"

and i got a chance to talk to the head of motoRex, so good news for sr owners! motoRes is actually trying to legalize the sr20 by end of this year!

saturday was "THE SEX" chatted with sam from jspec.com and a frew other people that participated in forming most of the cars that competed. COOL GUYS! definalty got their heart going for good looking rides w/ power " ie: rb26dett powered s13 fastaback!!" LOL

i got some pics up on the computer! ill have them posted soon!\

brandon

kazuo
05-04-2004, 11:47 PM
and i got a chance to talk to the head of motoRex, so good news for sr owners! motoRes is actually trying to legalize the sr20 by end of this year!

I'll believe it when I see it.. theyr'e being investigated already for not properly modifying their Skylines AND they have a ton of Sean Morris' cars that they haven't even touched yet so I have no idea how they're goign to legalize the SR20DET so soon... took Sean Morris years and years of battling the EPA/NHTSA/US DOT just to get the Skylines legal...

And if they do, we're going to have to pay them up the ass to modify it to conform... ECU retune, probably an extra cat (boo), EGRs etc etc etc

I don't doubt what you were told, I'm just sayin' don't hold your breath... besides you have a CA :D

sLiDewAys
05-06-2004, 03:05 PM
haha yes! i love my wannabe rb20/25/26 knockoff 4 cylinder motor! I DONT CARE1 lol i paid 1100 for the clip and it had less miles than most red top clips! SO I AM HAPPY! plus i got it from www.VENUS-AUTO.com! "thanks vickie" they are good people! despite what you MAY HAVE HEARD! because shit happens! but hey this thread is about laguna seca and motoRex!

so

yeah, ca's will probally never be legal, but neither is KA-T in a sense because most CHP officers are sayying that it is totally illigal to put anything engine type aftermarket aquipment to increase power on your car!:( just a filter! ( even if it does have a carb sticker" down here in MONTEREY/MARINA/SALINAS CA, there has been 10 cases of harassment by the CHP, and everyone of them had to take their cars to a certified state reff./ sorry to make comments on this becausae i really do not have a point! just that i love my ca18det..... cast iron over aluminum any day! so what if i dont have a lot of power! haha i still get sideways

SLIDEWAYS! the drift gangster!

kazuo
05-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Who knocked the CA? I didn't, I happen to be quite fond of the motor. Just pointed out that you have one is all. :P

As far as KA-T goes, ya its illegal, but its probably easier to restore your KA-T to stock to get past a ref than it would say, a CA18 or a SR20 (you dont have to swap motors provided you kept original manifold, etc etc etc)

When (if ever) GReddy gets a CARB sticker for that Turbo Kit I will probably go back to KA24... anyways good luck with the motor swap, let me know if you need anything, or just tell Chris. :D

Later

Pepperoni
05-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Ohh I hope it's not just a rumor about legalizing it. Supposedly Motorex is going about it by creating an EGR kit for the SR20DET. It's hopeful thinking, but like kazuo, i guess i cant believe it till i see it. :x:

drifting240sx
05-06-2004, 10:08 PM
brandon how could you love the CA when its not in your car yet???? have you ever drove it??? so i wouldnt say anything without testing it first.... also alex phiffer is a nice guy i talked to him and went to the club... help us out with the 240sx w/ rb26dett... it was fun juss the fact that everything possible bad happed to the 240... other than that it was a great turn out talked to all the drivers went to the bar with them watched ken drink up.. and yea... oh yea brandon broke my pocket bike.. that sucked...well yea peace.. if anyone was there i was the guy that worked at skip barber....

sLiDewAys
05-07-2004, 04:54 PM
brandon how could you love the CA when its not in your car yet???? have you ever drove it??? so i wouldnt say anything without testing it first.... also alex phiffer is a nice guy i talked to him and went to the club... help us out with the 240sx w/ rb26dett... it was fun juss the fact that everything possible bad happed to the 240... other than that it was a great turn out talked to all the drivers went to the bar with them watched ken drink up.. and yea... oh yea brandon broke my pocket bike.. that sucked...well yea peace.. if anyone was there i was the guy that worked at skip barber....

COLE! what's all this grudge between me and you about man. i never said i loved the way my ca performed! i just said i love my ca18det!" THATS IT" nothing more and nothing less man, and about your pocket bike! I AM SORRRY, you swear like i intentionally broke the goddamn thing yo, like " WTF" you're blamming me for something that was created by whoever drove it PERIOD! EVEN YOU
! so dont be looking for anyone to blame but yourself for not tightenining up that damn shit!

anyway man, i dont want to come off as an asshole because i am a really nice guy, but i jsut dont like to have a fin ger pointed at me when there are too many possibilioties to be pointed out!" im sorry about your damn pocket bike man" but if i didnt care then why would i try and find the damn bolts that came off? i cared enough to look, but i guess your holding me to the point that its broken, not for the fact that i TRIED to help out! but whatever man, good work at the even by the way, i appreciate you helping out sam and hte jspec.com crew, good wrenching.! late cole

brandon

the slideways gangster,,

NISSAN- sHIFT-dRIFT-n sWAP uR oWN [email protected]

sLiDewAys
05-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Who knocked the CA? I didn't, I happen to be quite fond of the motor. Just pointed out that you have one is all. :P

As far as KA-T goes, ya its illegal, but its probably easier to restore your KA-T to stock to get past a ref than it would say, a CA18 or a SR20 (you dont have to swap motors provided you kept original manifold, etc etc etc)

When (if ever) GReddy gets a CARB sticker for that Turbo Kit I will probably go back to KA24... anyways good luck with the motor swap, let me know if you need anything, or just tell Chris. :D

Later

NO WORRIES MAN, i have just been to too many forums that knock on the CA18det for having less power and for hte fact that its older than the sr. age dont mean anything, but EVERYONE knows that! like the 4agze, 4age, 16valve. those motors do wonders. haha and half of the 85's are still runnig strong! but thanks for not knocking the ca, because honestly all motors are wonderfully built! just need a little attention here and there!

alright man, anyway il be down today and tomorrow! keith is moving to the "PI" so i need to get my harnesses before he leaves! hopefully ull be arround! we can chill and what not! later

brandon

the slideways gangster

sLiDewAys
05-07-2004, 05:04 PM
OH! and if anyone questions why i loe my ca, then here is your answer!

I bought, pulled, pollished, partially rebuilt, painted, and soon to swap MY OWN MOTOR MYSELF w/out the aid of anyone... if anyting this motor has taught me a lot... . its kind of like my first child, i am attatched and in love with her, even if in the end she doesnt run, i still cppreciate the fact that this motor has made me a better wrench.. so in all i love m y ca, not the way it performs yet, but just the motor and design in general!

later

Pepperoni
05-07-2004, 10:09 PM
hehe congrats slideways, ill be doing my own swap as well very soon (on an SR tho hehe)

i still cppreciate the fact that this motor has made me a better wrench..

learning from doing your own work is priceless :) no need to justify why you love your motor!