PDA

View Full Version : Raced an evo saturday

kcolyer27
04-22-2004, 06:11 PM
THis saturday i raced my friends modded evo. I got my car back from getting an oil leak fixed and putting coilovers on. My friends evo has a b&b turbo back exhaust, intake, and bov for the moment. We started at 50mph on the highway and i was in 3rd gear, he was in 3rd. 3 beeps and we both took off at the same time, he was pulling on me a little bit but not much, he was at my front end when i was ending 3rd gear. We were both even much thru 4th gear until about 6k rpm i started pulling super hard. When i redlined 4th gear i had a car and a half on him. Nice kill. My mods are sr20 redtop, greddy fmic, greddy dp, apexi n1 exhaust, greddy turbo elbow and a few other things that dont add too much. I also lightened my car a bit, no a/c, no heat, no spare tire, no jack, and mini battery. His car runs high 12s at the track and i beat him :) made me happy.

hookedup240
04-22-2004, 08:15 PM
nice kill, they don't have much up top because of the awd, if you went from a stop it might have been different, but either way very nice.

nrcooled
04-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Speaking from experience, Evos don't have much up top. I got my ECU flashed to combat this but stock I was very disapointed going from a SR'd 240. The top end pull was too much fun with the 240. Post flash on the Evo is a different story (19psi to redline baby)!

DuffMan
04-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Drag racing an evo is lame. Get that thing on some twisties where it belongs.

kcolyer27
04-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Drag racing an evo is lame. Get that thing on some twisties where it belongs.

Oh its in the twistys everyweekend. In fact we have a meet this weekend we get together with 4 other evos about 3 stis and then like 10 or more wrxs. We go to the twistys nearby that have 20 mph turns that we take at aroudn 60 or more and then hit up the highway for some driving/racing

S14Speed997
04-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Oh its in the twistys everyweekend. In fact we have a meet this weekend we get together with 4 other evos about 3 stis and then like 10 or more wrxs. We go to the twistys nearby that have 20 mph turns that we take at aroudn 60 or more and then hit up the highway for some driving/racing

Didn't you just get 2 tickets? Pretty soon the only thing you'll be driving is the shopping cart at Wal-Mart.... :loco:

old_s13
04-23-2004, 09:22 AM

60... thats IT? pansy.. i take all my turns at atleast 80.

blu808
04-23-2004, 10:41 AM
wanna race my evo? ha ha ha ha ha :nono:

old_s13
04-23-2004, 04:00 PM
wanna race my evo? ha ha ha ha ha :nono:

i dont... . . . . because i know their faster.

and uglier.

:)

Owning/Driving an EVO or WRX is like banging an ugly chick thats one hell of a fuck. Sure, you can rave about it to your friends and say the sex is great.. but damn man, when your friends see you with a "sea donkey" you just gotta feel bad for the guy.

I mean besides, what happens when EVO/WRX owners get their asses handed to them by a built up S13? (for example). Not only do they lose, but then they're sitting in an ugly car.. its like TWICE as fustrating.

hahaha man im such a cock.

J240
04-23-2004, 09:28 PM
i dont... . . . . because i know their faster.

and uglier.

:)

Owning/Driving an EVO or WRX is like banging an ugly chick thats one hell of a fuck. Sure, you can rave about it to your friends and say the sex is great.. but damn man, when your friends see you with a "sea donkey" you just gotta feel bad for the guy.

I mean besides, what happens when EVO/WRX owners get their asses handed to them by a built up S13? (for example). Not only do they lose, but then they're sitting in an ugly car.. its like TWICE as fustrating.

hahaha man im such a cock.

But then again....... that is YOUR personal opinion.

citizen
04-23-2004, 10:18 PM
he's your elder, therefore his opinion > yours

andrave
04-23-2004, 10:27 PM
my friend has an evo with intake, bov, and he is running 25psi (on 93 octane) and he raced his friend in an 350z with intake and exhaust. The evo won every time standing start till the clutch stunk but every other time they did it, roll ons from 20 all the way up 90 or so, the Z ate him a live. They launched once from a standing start up to around 110 mph and the evo got the launch but still lost the race.

old_s13
04-24-2004, 10:47 AM
But then again....... that is YOUR personal opinion.

sure is MY opinion..

and while guys can find the EVO and WRX as "nice looking cars" I think thats because we look at cars from the engineering standpoint.. we say "wow, thats a pretty hardcore car"

but what about women? women are typically NOT into cars, so when they see something.. its their FIRST impression of the car that says YAY or NAY.

and... my point?

Every woman I ask about 350Z = Sexy. Every woman I ask about Ferrari 360 Modena = Sex on wheels. Even Porsche, its a sexy car.

I ask girls about cars like BMW M coupe.. or WRX.. or EVO.. and they're all

"whatever.. looks like a shoe"

so sorry, my opinion is the best.

kandyflip445
04-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Good kill even though its from a roll.

Mike.....that sig is too damn funny!:rofl:

adey
04-26-2004, 06:14 AM
BMW M coupe..That is THE SEX right there... :drool: