PDA

View Full Version : s13 240sx Wont Turn Off

shabbas
05-05-2013, 03:42 PM
So my 93 240sx with s13 sr20det wount turn off, the guy i bought it from said it was the ignition switch, i changed the switch and it still stays on. I've looked everywhere online to find an answer with no luck.. Ive checked all the fuses(interior and engine), all the interior relays and most of the engine relays. Ive checked the wheel well and the harness looks fine(tire didn't rub through it). Unplugging the battery doesn't turn the car off(some say it should do something). The dash lights stay on when i stall out the car. Im trying to avoid taking the engine or chassis harness out and go foot by foot to find a short. ive also already checked my grounds, i had to do this a bunch of times because the car wasn't running right, figuring it was the MAF but the car suddenly started running right. Still haven't found out why, it wouldn't rev past 4k but the next day it fixed itself, but kills because of the fuel rail air leak. I also checked the ecu, no burned traces or anything, it looks fine but can't swap the ecu with anyone because i don't know anyone with an sr around me...
So what else am i missing? ive checked everything other people found as solutions to this problem, checked things people have suggested to check and i still cant figure it out..

I pulled all the fuses and checked for breaks and i swapped relays from a known running KA24de 240sx

Car info:
93 240sx Base model
S13 SR20DET (freshly Rebuilt)
Harness came used with the chassis (bought the car without engine)

Things that probably don't matter but in case it does:
Has boost leak from fuel rail(new fuel rails coming in Tuesday)
Doesn't have an O2 Sensor(getting on this week)
Also think im getting compressor surge(possibly bad wast gate)

shabbas
05-30-2013, 06:58 AM
anyone know anything about this? it sucks that i have to stall my car and unplug the battery every time i park up

OnTheChip
05-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Check the ignition switch signal to ECU pin 36. It should be 0V with ignition switch off. If not, the engine will keep running.

reeskm
05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Do you have a car starter or alarm system? Maybe it's triggering accidentally and acting as a turbo timer, keeping the motor running after you take the key out of the ignition.

navans14
05-30-2013, 09:35 AM
turbo timer?