PDA

View Full Version : Got 2 tickets today, need some insight

kcolyer27
04-22-2004, 04:53 AM
Well yesterday wasnt too good of a day. First at emissions i passed emissions with my sr240 but the retards over heated my car pretty bad and all the coolant was leakin out all over the place. Anyways around 11:15 at night i got 2 tickets. The first was just going to be a warning of a 49 in a 35 but i started getting mouthy with him so he ended up giving me it. The other is a 53 in a 35. He said he radared me going 49 thru an intersection at the bottom of a hill. THe only problem with that i have valentine 1 radar detector that DIDNT go off. Also as i thought about the drive i realize that i was indeed stopped at that red light so there was no possible way i could have been going 49 through it. My other ticket is a 53 in a 35 that he got me while pacing me going down a hill. He also claimed to have radared me again and i said there is no way because my v1 would have gone off. He said he didnt aim at my car thats why my radar didnt go off. So at this point i got pissed off and asked him to see the radar. He was getting angry becuase i was asking to see it and ended up giving me the 49 ticket instead of just a warning. When he came back he let me out of the car to see the radar gun. There were no numbers on it and he wouldnt show me the speeds i was going. I also asked him why he didnt pull me over when i was going 49 and he said he was waiting to see what else i was going to do so i smell bullshit here. THe other ticket... gettign paced at 53 in a 35, going down hill. THats kinda hard to do. The area he paced me in from the start of the street to the hill he claims is about 1/4 mile long. Isnt there a rule they have to follow when pacing isnt it like over 2 miles or something. I would just like some insight please dont respond saying "Oh you shouldnt have been speeding and stuff like that."

MakotoS13
04-22-2004, 06:12 AM
advice:

never get mouthy to a cop. they have more power than you think.

ca18guy
04-22-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm not reading all that, my advice don't get mouthy and get a lawyer.

S14Speed997
04-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Just like the other 2 guys said, keep your mouth shut....You are fortunate if they don't slice your seats open looking for "stuff"
It's his word against yours, especially if you really piss him off, and he unloads one in your skull...lol

Phlip
04-22-2004, 09:43 AM
You're lucky he didn't whoop your ass while he had you out of the car, don't get mouthy with cops, they usually BECOME cops because they were shit on as children and need some way to place their frustration on others, and therefore throw around a bunch of bullshit tickets. Most of us have gotten one or more of these tickets... That, unfortunately, is what lawyers are for. Theyt make friends with the DA, and help to run this racket where you will now pay the lawyer AND court costs, but the ticket will be reduced to shit and show nothing on your driving record... Live and learn

ca18guy
04-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Theyt make friends with the DA, and help to run this racket where you will now pay the lawyer AND court costs, but the ticket will be reduced to shit and show nothing on your driving record... Live and learn

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny how they do that here (got a ticket in west NC)

Bbandit
04-22-2004, 11:21 AM
yes yes... be as nice and helpful as you can to the officer...
i've been pulled over numerous times but i only got a ticket once... going 90 in 60 while passing other car, but i was being nice so he decided to give me a ticket for going 80 in 70

airsoft
04-22-2004, 12:43 PM
haha, my friends mom got a ticket for going 35 in 40 !!

Var
04-22-2004, 12:49 PM
For the ticket where you were paced, that one will stand. Your bad. The other one where he wouldnt show you the radar? i dont know if that will stand in court. Luckily i have a lawyer that turns everything into a no front license plate ticket...hehehe. But see what a responsible driver i am? I got a lawyer with mad connections and i still dont get tickets. Just slow down.

RanciD
04-22-2004, 01:37 PM
When you get pulled over DO NOT BE MOUTHY! Cops pull people over all the time. Don't do anything that will make you stick out in his mind. Don't say "I'll see you in court" or anything like that. If he hears that or hears you mouthing of to him the first thing he's going to do when he gets back in the car is make note of it all. If you just stay calm and act normal there's little chance he'll remember you in court. If he asks you how fast you were going just say YES. You're expected to know your speed at all times. Don't give him an excuse! Next he'll probably ask why you were speeding. Don't say you were late for work or any other excuses. If you make an excuse you are telling him you're guilty! It doesn't matter if you have to lie to his face. It MAKES NO DIFFERENCE what he thinks of you. The judge is going to see everything you say and it's what he thinks that matters. Those questions are meant to get you to admit guilt. Don't give in to it, just say yes when he asks if you knew how fast you were going and tell him to give you the ticket. The day after GO GET YOUR SPEEDOMETER CERTIFIED TO BE ACCURATE. Now you've got a statement to how fast you were going according to your speedometer, a certified speed measuring device. The cop has a statement of how fast you were going with his radar, his certified speed measuring device. It's just your word against his now. He's got no more proof that you were speeding than you have that you weren't. Ask to see the certification for his radar gun. Often times there will only be one certification they show for all the detectors. Check to see if the serial codes match. Know the law when you go in! Judges see countless people a day that go in there and beg for forgiveness and make stupid excuses. If you go in, act professional, look presentable, wait your turn to talk, etc. you will look a lot better in the judges eyes.

ONYX S-13
04-22-2004, 01:57 PM
When you get pulled over DO NOT BE MOUTHY! Cops pull people over all the time. Don't do anything that will make you stick out in his mind. Don't say "I'll see you in court" or anything like that. If he hears that or hears you mouthing of to him the first thing he's going to do when he gets back in the car is make note of it all. If you just stay calm and act normal there's little chance he'll remember you in court. If he asks you how fast you were going just say YES. You're expected to know your speed at all times. Don't give him an excuse! Next he'll probably ask why you were speeding. Don't say you were late for work or any other excuses. If you make an excuse you are telling him you're guilty! It doesn't matter if you have to lie to his face. It MAKES NO DIFFERENCE what he thinks of you. The judge is going to see everything you say and it's what he thinks that matters. Those questions are meant to get you to admit guilt. Don't give in to it, just say yes when he asks if you knew how fast you were going and tell him to give you the ticket. The day after GO GET YOUR SPEEDOMETER CERTIFIED TO BE ACCURATE. Now you've got a statement to how fast you were going according to your speedometer, a certified speed measuring device. The cop has a statement of how fast you were going with his radar, his certified speed measuring device. It's just your word against his now. He's got no more proof that you were speeding than you have that you weren't. Ask to see the certification for his radar gun. Often times there will only be one certification they show for all the detectors. Check to see if the serial codes match. Know the law when you go in! Judges see countless people a day that go in there and beg for forgiveness and make stupid excuses. If you go in, act professional, look presentable, wait your turn to talk, etc. you will look a lot better in the judges eyes.

*Opens file and clicks the "Save as" Option"

kcolyer27
04-22-2004, 04:26 PM
wow thanks guys for the imput. By getting mouthy with the cop i really didnt mean to say that. What i said was "how did u get radar on me when my valentine 1 didnt go off." yes i did just blurt out that i had a v1 because he saw it. Also as i recall the moment, the place he got me going 49 in a 35 at i was actually waiting at the red light at the bottom of the hill so there is no way in hell i was going 49 thru the intersection. The thing is after the intersection the speedlimit changes to 45 mph so i think that one will get thrown out. He also thoguht i was being mouthy becuase when he said he aimed his radar gun AWAY from my car thats why my valentine 1 didnt go off and i was very confused at how he got a signal. Valentine 1 goes off if the cop has his radar on and hes parked and inside of a donut shop, so i know for a fact 100% that the guy that pulled me over didnt have me radared. When i checked out his radar there were no numbers. I asked where my speed was and he said in his computer. So im like how is it in ur computer, ur computer is turned off. So basically i just told him that he was lying and he got upset when i asked to speak to his supervisor. Im headin up to the police station soon to talk to a superviser.

Var
04-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Good for you. I hope you get out of it. Fuck the man

Phlip
04-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah I thought that was pretty funny how they do that here (got a ticket in west NC)
Welcome to North Carolina... My lawyer used to be a district court judge, and loves to talk about the shenanigans when you give him a chance...

kcolyer27
04-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Logical point im goign to bring up, v1 didnt go off.. when i read about some radar, the radar goes in the direction of ur car and breaks into a million pieces. The v1 is 100% sure to catch at least one of those peices and go off. Therefore this guy is lying because he didnt even have a signal when i asked to see his gun and computer. Does anyone know rules when it comes to pacing????

Phlip
04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
The rules:
1.)That cop is certified to have had enough training to where his visual estimation of your speed is binding in court.
2.)Valentine 1's NOT seeing that you were or were not being clocked is not.
3.)If you have been presented with traffic violations, It'd be better for you to go ahead and pay a lawyer if you don't wanna make an ass of yourself in NOT getting these tickets reduced/removed.

Sil-Abc
04-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Just wanted to say that i had a friend that got a ticket for speeding and the cop said he was pacing him. My friend went to court and asked the cop to show proof the cop car was speed calibrated. Cop didnt have papers and the judge dismissed the ticket. Usually cops dont calibrate their cars so u can use that as a reason to say that u werent speeding since the cop doesnt have an accurate speedometer. Also not making urself stand out in the cops head will help u out alot (rancid)

S14Speed997
04-23-2004, 08:12 AM
How about...............Stop racing on the f*ckin highway! :rant2:

old_s13
04-23-2004, 09:33 AM
How about...............Stop racing on the f*ckin highway

its not always as simple as that. sometimes (and sometimes is actually TOO often), cops profile people who fit descriptions so that they can get tickets. its no wonder why cars that make noise (sportscars) are the ones that get the speeding tickets, tint tickets, etc etc.. because we attract them and the eye goes on our cars. this is why SLEEPERS exist.. its usually performance enthusiasts who've gotten pissed off by all the crap they've dealt with from cops etc.

knowing the law is never a bad thing. cops need about 1/4 mile to pace someone, thats sufficient.. as long as the conditions are okay (no existing traffic, good weather, straight roads, etc). SOME cops are trained for visual estimating of speed, not all. speed detection devices such as radar or speedometers DO need to get calibrated every X amount of days or years, but typically cops carry that paperwork to court because we're not the only smartasses that request that stuff. BUT nonetheless, its good to know the law and throw as many questions at them as possible, its YOUR ass you're saving. being a smart ass NEVER helps, which is why I actually dont care whether or not this guy gets a ticket. I mean, its obvious by his posts and attitude how badassed he thinks he is. Maybe I'm wrong, right? Who cares.. like I said his attitude shows. Mouthing off to a cop instantly shows the level of his stupidity. Even if I was piss drunk and high, I dont think i'de EVER stoop to doing something as dumb as mouthing off to a cop.. its like purposely running HEAD FIRST into a brick wall.

radar detectors arent admissable in court, you actually cant even have them in your car.. so good luck with that one ACE

S14Speed997
04-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Well i've been profiled, and a cop said he "pace clocked" me at 100+ in a 55 zone (by an on ramp on the highway...more like doing 78 lol
Anyways, I should have gone to jail if what he said was true (obviously it wasn't) I got a nice ticket though...

I was just referring to how he said in this thread " Got 2 tickets, need advice",
and a thread from today he wrote tells of how he races on the highway, and how he just raced an Evo....so my advice was to stop being a jerkoff racing on the highway

But i agree, cops profile...

kcolyer27
04-23-2004, 04:09 PM
dude the reason i race on the highway is because i know the area well. I go on the same highway everyday and we raced becuase the road was straight and u could see the whole area. Belive me im not stupid and speed everychance i get i usually go alittle above the speedlimit. In ohio we are allowed to have radar detectors. My car is a sleeper the only thing u can see is the fmic. Old_s13 thanks for ur pointless information and please dont call me ace. And me being a bad ass? I dont think im a bad ass i know waht i can handle so stfu.

hookedup240
04-23-2004, 04:27 PM
doesn't the v1 garantee that you will never get a speeding ticket and if you do they will pay for it or something like that??

theronin
04-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Got 2 tickets today, need some insight

my insight.... SLOW DOWN!!!

airsoft
04-24-2004, 04:58 AM
58 in a 25 workzone :duh:

haha who lives in irwindale area... where... live oak was under construction near Santa Fe Dam... where there are no lights to see those ittttty bitttty signs that say... 25.... the usual speed limit is 45... and its a kinda like a industrial area slash highway type road... : ( i don't live there... and don't normally drive on that road.. so didn't know it was under construction... and they slapped me a fat ass ticket :eek3:

payed it traffic school, never in my life ! goin on that road .. :nono:

just cuz i wanted to goto the Covina theatres and watch a friggggin movie... ended up not watching the movie.

airsoft
04-24-2004, 05:00 AM
it was empty streeets i swear frigggggin empty.. was like @ 1030 pm... DARK too ... cruisin.... sigh....

04-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Got 2 tickets today, need some insight

my insight.... SLOW DOWN!!!

That about sums it up.

toreno
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
any updates man

240meowth
05-21-2004, 03:42 AM
I think you have to be paced half a mile before you can get busted w/ a ticket, eh?

projectsilvia
05-21-2004, 09:07 AM
talk to a traffic lawyer.. they will let you know if your case is ok for them to take, if not, they will just refuse you... but i dont know if they have a per visit charge, so check with them (in dallas, they have free visit charges)..

ThatGuy
05-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Anyone ever heard of "Prayer for Judgement"? I've used in at least 3 different states, Pa, Va, and NC. You pay court costs and that's it, as long as you don't get another ticket in the next x amount of months (6 to 12 months I think, can't remember right now). I beleive if you get another ticket, you end up paying for both. Anyway, look into it.

HyperTek
05-22-2004, 03:45 AM
ive been pulled over 2 times for just the look of "modified exhuast"... I guess my car fits a stereotype now. But the only thing they can visually see wrong is "modified exhuast" as where I am not breaking any laws while driving. My exhuast is just a Borla muffler with a cheap tip welded on (it came with the car), its not even loud enough for a cop to hear, and besides, I saw the cop around the corner ahead of time so I was not on the throttle. So I think Cops do harrass people. Cop was all asking me "is this your car?" yadda yadda. I just stay cool and comply with them even tho i wanna mouth em off about "how the hell did you hear my exhuast?". Funny cuz he went back to look at it and came back up and said "is it just a tip?" so I said "yes". He let me go. I think I was also pulled over just becuase I had my black buddy in the drivers seat and they probably thought we where up to no good. but i dunno

kcolyer27
05-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Damn i forgot about this thread. Anyways the judge got rid of the one ticket but i had to take the 53 in a 35 from behind. 112$ fine and 2 points :rl: