PDA

View Full Version : Replace subframe or fix?

Skynet
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
1990 s13. Was taking a corner in the wet, And my front tires are bald. caught understeer and front passenger wheel hit a curb at about 15 miles per hour. Wheel sits about 2 inches towards the rear of the car now. Pretty standard damage; control arm, ball joint, tension rod, inner tie rod. But I noticed that one side of my LCA bracket has been bent back pretty far from where the curb hit directly on the bottom of the LCA. My question is, with this being the only damage to the subframe that I can really see, Could I get away with just pulling it back into place, or am I gonna have to replace the subframe? I searched, Didnt find any threads that had this same problem.

http://s16.postimg.org/3yl6ekbbp/IMG_20130501_214224.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Personally, I'd replace the LCA and the crossmember. Thing could be tweak without you realizing and your alignment will be all kinds of funky if you dont replace it.

Skynet
05-01-2013, 08:51 PM
would one from like pull-a-part suffice? Or should I just go ahead and drop the $350 for a new one from courtesy genuine?

S13CoupeLover
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Had the same issue you're having. I did fix mine with a hammer and the alignment places i went to said it was fine. But i ended up changing it with one i bought off someone.

If the car at the junkyard doesn't seem to have made it there for front end damage it should be fine. If you're lucky someone might have taken the engine. Lol.

Skynet
05-01-2013, 09:02 PM
okay, cool. So I guess I'll do that then. hammer it into place as best I can, and take it to get it aligned. if they clear it, then I'll run it like that, If not, Junkyard it is.
Thanks for the help bros.

az_240
05-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I'd replace it... no point in wasting money on alignments only to find out the thing is bad.

I have a spare crossmember in great shape if you want it. $50 + shipping.

Skynet
05-02-2013, 12:05 AM
I may take you up on that if I cant find a decent one at the junkyard.
:snoop:

S13CoupeLover
05-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Lol didn't mean to say do what i did. Even though i took my time and made it almost exactly like the other side, since that was still good. At the time i didnt have money, so it was my only option, if i did have the money i would have bought it from the first person that said had it.

Goodluck either way.