PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for my sr swap, need some tips

s14hayame
04-21-2004, 09:12 PM
finally got my engine and everything else, but before i start the swap i want get some tips from those who've done the swap themself :bowdown: . Ok s13 redtop going into s14 chasis, from what i understand the engine and trans itself bolts right on to the chasis, wire harness will be done by the pros so no need to worry about that. i need help on the vacuum lines, things that i need and things that i dont need off the sr20 to complete the swap. oh where does the ignitor chip locate at, i dont think my engine come with one. Thanks

RedSuns
04-21-2004, 10:49 PM
your power steering lines will bolt up fine...you will have two vaccum line on top of the throttle body..the small one will be T-ed to teh FPR and you boost gauge..the large one will be plugged...on the bottom of the throttle body there will be one vaccum line....put the bottom one to your BOV...the Ignitor chip has a plug for a 4 pin on one side and a 5 pin on the other..you will see on the harness itself where they are at..

nightwalker
04-21-2004, 11:50 PM
pull off the oil pan and bang it out, whether it looks dented in or not. Just do it.