PDA

View Full Version : my vert wont stay on... help

5spdvert93
04-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I finish the 5spd swap got my top and reverse to work but my car wont stay on.. I jump started but as soon as i remove the wires from the other car it turns off... I held the gas pedal to keep it on, for like 15mnts took the pedal up and it last it 10mnts n then turn off again conpletely dead no switch no light everythig dead.. alternator was working fine before so not sure if its that my car was off for about a month.. need help

driftxninja
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
did you jumper the park neutral switch on the harness?

driftxninja
04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
and did you test your battery / alternator / starter make sure everything is good. battery should be 12v i assume you know and when running should read above 14 volts. make sure the alternator is not irregular.

5spdvert93
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
I tried putting a diffrent batterie and it started but only lasted like 15 mnts on than died...

zerodameaon
04-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Take this to the tech section next time please. You will get better exposure in the proper section.

5spdvert93
04-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Yea I wanted to do that but didn't know where it was im new in the forum I'll look good and post it there I though I could post here thanks...

driftxninja
04-30-2013, 12:18 AM
if you switched the battery, it worked and then died again, it sounds like the alternator is the problem. if the alternator is irregular which means that while running, your voltage on the battery is surging instead of giving you steady voltage. Get a multimeter on the battery, start it up and see what it reads.

driftxninja
04-30-2013, 12:20 AM
never finished the second sentence about the alternator... lol here is the rest of that...

so if the alternator is irregular, it will damage the battery. so make sure it is good before you keep throwin batteries in there

driftxninja
04-30-2013, 12:21 AM
my families DD has a bad battery and alternator right now. the alternator is irregular, continues to jump between 13.2 to 14.7 volts back and forth. Now the battery just dead at like 2 volts and i have to jump start every time.

5spdvert93
04-30-2013, 12:48 AM
did you jumper the park neutral switch on the harness?

Yes I did, I will check the alternanator tomorrow, why would my starter have something to do with the car staying completely off...if the starter was bad it wouldn't of turn on even when I installed a fresh batterie, right? Or am I wrong? If I am how do I check if my stater is bad?

5spdvert93
04-30-2013, 12:50 AM
never finished the second sentence about the alternator... lol here is the rest of that...

so if the alternator is irregular, it will damage the battery. so make sure it is good before you keep throwin batteries in there

Thanks, I'll check the alternator tomorrow...

driftxninja
04-30-2013, 01:04 AM
idk why i said starter. lol. i subconsciously associated it with the alternator and battery. anyways. PM me what happens with the alternator cause ill probably forget to check for this thread.

SharkMan
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Any updates? From the sound of it I'm willing to bet the alternator is the culprit.

5spdvert93
05-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Any updates? From the sound of it I'm willing to bet the alternator is the culprit.

Well it had to do with the alternator theres a white wire with red that comes from the alternator went in to my inhivitor plug on my auto harness that wire use to go to the same plug were the speed sensor goes so end up using the auto harness for the.alternantor end that fix the problem but now my reverese and top dont work they worked fine before i change those wires after that no reverese lights or top...