PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE cooling issue help!!

tuner117
04-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Hey, so I was recently involved in a car accident and had to replace my front end (rad, bumper, both quarter panels) but in the crash it also blew apart the tiny electic fan In front of the belt driven fan. Is the electric fan essential for the cooling?

No 240.. No id
04-28-2013, 11:41 PM
The front electric fan is for the AC condenser. I think you have a heating issue because when you replaced the radiator you did not bled the air out. Try to bleed the air out.

tuner117
04-28-2013, 11:48 PM
I did bleed the air out five or six times will do more but any other ideas on what it could be?

Sr20SilviaS13
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
If you used the only clutch fan, which i doubt but worth asking, make sure the clutch is good.

Bleeding air out of a KA is pretty simple, how are you doing it?

grab the lower hose when you are at temp see if it is hot or cold. If cold your thermostat is not functioning. If hot you are all set.

tuner117
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
The clutch is like brand new. Just opening the rad cap and letting the air out. And I will check if the thermostat is working or not. I can't think of anything else that could be really. Could there be a problem in the rad? Possibility. But idk of anything else.

PandahZ650
04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
it's more likely the thermostat than a radiator, the thermostat controls the amount of coolant allowed to flow through your motor.

you also might want to try to use the bleeder screw by the upper radiator hose to bleed your system