PDA

View Full Version : S13 DOHC clutch questions

Thursday7
04-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi, my car is not shifting properly, the clutch is not fully disengaging, I believe.

I have an 89 hatch, with an S13 DOHC. Can anyone with a KA-DE tell me the close-exact measurement the slave cylinders output shaft moves when the clutch pedal is fully depressed? I'm only getting about 3/4"

Next, my car didn't even have a pilot bushing. Will this cause my problem stated above?

Lastly, my clutch disc itself (Sachs) has a tiny wobble in the splined area where the trans' input shaft goes. Is this worth getting a new clutch? And if so, would it be okay to just get a clutch disc by itself, or should I get a full kit? I can get a pilot bearing for like $1 separately if need be.

Thanks

zombiewolf513
04-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Your clutch didn't come with a pilot bearing?

ZenkiKid
04-28-2013, 08:08 PM
If youre going to go down there and do all of that work for the pilot bushing you might as well replace the clutch and throwout bearing too while youre already down there.

Thursday7
04-28-2013, 08:43 PM
I didn't buy a clutch. I just took everything out to see what was wrong. Just bought the car. wouldnt go into gear. I suppose I should buy a clutch, but I'm somewhat limited on funds.