PDA

View Full Version : States with the most drift events?

FourtyKid
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Most tracks/events?

Live in MN right now and well...it blows here. Looking to move somewhere warmer for college. Really want to get into drifting, though too. What states have the biggest drift scenes? There are about 1-2 events a year here.

S14_kouki504
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
not really sure if its big down here but in new orleans we have already had about 2-3 drift events this year. they try to do one every month or two

xoxide
04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
California, Texas, Northeastern states, and central Florida (CFRC has events regularly).

Got Insulin?
04-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks to Club Loose the Northeast has a ton of great events, but we're a bit limited by the weather during the year.

90240sx07
04-23-2013, 10:26 PM
montana 0 events dont move here
northwest by seattle spokane portland northern cali southern cali phoneix

Phlip
04-24-2013, 04:13 AM
I just laughed HARD that someone would choose their college destination based on the number of drift events available.

KevinEdgar
04-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Cali has tons of events but the most strict emissions. So either stock motor or get a trailer.

Phlip
04-24-2013, 08:09 AM
So, like NO ONE is going to tell him to focus his money and his time on getting college right and not into the guaranteed attention-draining money pit that a drift car would be?

KevinEdgar
04-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Drifting is a endless money pit no matter where op lives. He asked a simple question, so we answer. He didn't ask for life advice, he has parents for that kind of stuff...

Nissansota240
04-24-2013, 08:31 AM
How many events have you even attended in Minnesota? I wouldn't say the drift seen blows here. You just need to be willing to travel. Also basing your college off of where you can get the most drifting is is dumb as shit.

redline racer510
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
How many events have you even attended in Minnesota? I wouldn't say the drift seen blows here. You just need to be willing to travel. Also basing your college off of where you can get the most drifting is is dumb as shit.

Not if you choose cali. We have many great colleges and university and we have plenty of drift events with Sonoma raceway having drift events every Wednesday not to mention the countless events in Socal. You really cant loose if you decide to move to cali with the only exception being the strict emission standards we have here.

Nissansota240
04-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Not if you choose cali. We have many great colleges and university and we have plenty of drift events with Sonoma raceway having drift events every Wednesday not to mention the countless events in Socal. You really cant loose if you decide to move to cali with the only exception being the strict emission standards we have here.

Base you college education choice off the education you wish to receive not the hobby you wish to get into.

K_style
04-24-2013, 10:23 AM
NW has events almost every 2 weeks.

blackrms13
04-24-2013, 10:52 AM
SoCal FTW!

180sxmaniac
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Socal but you gotta worry bout the pigs being anal,hater tryna steal your car,all my buddies have Sr20 240sx cuz lord knows if we gotta scramble from some cops you ain't got a chance in a ka. Cali would be cool there are tons of shop,tracks, and you'd like it here. Texas ain't to bad either. Florida is super chill on the emissions,that's why I'm moving back to Florida very soon

HyperTek
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
So, like NO ONE is going to tell him to focus his money and his time on getting college right and not into the guaranteed attention-draining money pit that a drift car would be?

can't stop the fanboys, they are multiplying in large numbers.

180sxmaniac
04-24-2013, 11:41 AM

Maybe he has money to spend,2year college transfer out and enjoy the Cali lifestyle,nothing wrong with that

bc.
04-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Just move to St. Louis, we have like 10 events per year and many events only a few hours away. You can go to the dirt cheap community college and get a degree in being dirt so you will be well prepared for your future dirt life with no money and dirt cars.

deolio
04-24-2013, 02:38 PM
northern california. events all year around. sonoma raceway has weekly events, and thunder hill/stockton 99 have 1-2 events a month. if you live in sacramento like i do, that's three tracks within an hour. button willow and willow springs are 5-6 hours down the i5 which is nice too.

Matej
04-24-2013, 03:18 PM
This guy is wasting his money and talents trying to go to college. He should focus on the main priority, drifting.

redline racer510
04-24-2013, 04:08 PM
College+Drifting=Part of a healthy breakfast

xoxide
04-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Drifting draws attention away from my college work, and my grades suffer as a result. Theres no doubt about that. I skip atleast 1-2 classes a week just to get into the shop an hour earlier.

OP, dont make the same mistake I did(do).
:boink:

word sux
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
nah bro drifting is wayyy more important then college

you should focus on drifting as a way to make a living, it should pan out..

FourtyKid
04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
I just laughed HARD that someone would choose their college destination based on the number of drift events available.

In no way are drift events going to influence where I go to college. Like I said, I just need to get out of MN and to somewhere warm.
I honestly have no idea about colleges around the country. That research is to come soon, and the college I pick will be because of the college, not drifting. I'm just curious as to where a lot of the events are and what states don't have much for drifting. I probably won't even start drifting until after college, so I can focus on school and keep my finances in check. Sorry if it sounded otherwise. I just don't want to move somewhere, only to find out that drifting is non-existant there, you know? Just curious, that's all.

word sux
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
clubloose hosts the most rad events FACT*

Driftwire
04-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Florida has events like every other week and tons of practice and skidpads on sundays and shit. Come to FloriDUH and become a retard with us!

turbobrick
04-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Drifting draws attention away from my college work, and my grades suffer as a result. Theres no doubt about that. I skip atleast 1-2 classes a week just to get into the shop an hour earlier.

OP, dont make the same mistake I did(do).
:boink:

Thats why you need to manage your time. I do both just fine.

CienOchentaSX
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Fresno tanso in cen-cal

Cats
04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Cali for sure.