PDA

View Full Version : turbo timer only keeping the acc on

89boostedka
04-21-2013, 09:14 AM
ive got the biltz fatt advance turbo turbo and for some reason its only keeping the acc on and not the motor. the weird part is that maybe once out of ten times it will keep the motor and acc on but the other times just the acc. im pretty sure i have the wires hooked up write:

black/white wire connected with the green wire..
black/blue wire connected with blue wire
white/red wire connected with red wire(correct for sure)
e-brake switch connected with grey wire

id use the plug and play but my wires were already cut from a previous timer. i thought maybe the timer was bad but its doing the same thing with the biltz timer and before with an innovate timer. i was also told it was the ignition switch so i replaced that and still not keeping the motor on. is there something else im missing? im sure its something simple but im at a loss. any suggestions?

89boostedka
04-21-2013, 10:11 AM
update

used a test light and checked the acc1 ign and constant and the switch and they all have power when needed. i think i may have something to do with the ebrake wire. timer stil keeps acc on(no motor) either when i have the purple ebrake wire connect into the stock ebrake wire or not. but the ebrake still makes ground when engaged and power when disengaged so that seems to work properly. im failing to see y my motor isnt staying on when having the ebrake wire touching part of the stock ebrake wire, you would think it would

89boostedka
04-25-2013, 08:28 AM
shouldnt the timer keep acc and ignition energized once the key is in the process of turning the car off? I noticed my ignition power was killed instantly once i began to turn the key backwards turning the vehicle off but would come back on when the vehicle was turned off and key out of the ignition. this delay in power loss is what i think is causing the car not to keep running when i shut off the car. Anyone know what may cause this? I think it may have to do with the actual ignition cylinder like it may be worn or something inside. i know my previous ignition cylinder was worn because it was sloppy and you could literally pull the key out while the car was running.