PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Leak/AIV Plug

AadosX
04-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Ok this is two questions...

First of all, I have this annoying coolant leak. I had a shop install my engine. Two weeks ago I had a leak. I filled it up and ran the car, there is a very slight dripping, but once that drips for a while, and the car gets really warmed up, it starts to really spew out, so I found the leak. It was a hose that connects to the firewall in one place, and to another hardline behind the engine. I found a random hose at the parts store that seemed to work pretty well, and installed it. Oh yeah, also... the hoses that I took out were two smaller ones held together by a peice of plastic that seemed to be a mount, to hold them to the firewall. Well, that plastic wasn't mounted or anything, and the hose I replaced them with was just one longer hose... I assumed that didn't matter. Well now the car is leaking again, from the same area. I can't exactly see yet, but it seems to be from the same hose. It's a pain in the ass to replace, grr. Why would it bust open again? BTW I have an S13 with a Koyo Aluminum radiator.

I don't know which hoses are which, but I found this... does it have anything to do with it? http://www.srswap.com/shopexd.asp?id=260

Also, I was just reading around and I saw something about an AIV plug, etc. Can anyone explain this to me? I also found this, I'm just confused though. http://www.srswap.com/shopexd.asp?id=252 In that picture, it looks like the O2 sensor hole is plugged... or at least I have an O2 sensor in there. Someone said this too...

There should be a metal tube coming off of the turbo that sticks straight up pointing to the hood - take the tube off and plug the whole w/ an air inlet valve plug. Install the greddy turbo outlet pipe.

Well, the weird thing is that my A/F guage hasn't been working... so maybe there isn't supposed to be an O2 sensor there? I'm about to install my GT28R and I have a GReddy O2/Turbo extension that I'm about to install, and it has that same hole in the same place... so I'm just confused.

AlexAtPerformanceNissan
04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
The Greddy turbo outlet pipe has an o2 sensor bung towards the top, not where the AIV hole is towards the bottom right before the downpipe. The O2 sensor can't be plugged into that AIV hole, i could be wrong, but am pretty sure that the sensor is a totally different size. I used a nissan aiv hole plug which most people don't know about. 14052-21R00 is the part number. Any aftermarket turbo outlet elbow will not have that AIV bung, only one for the o2 sensor. Enjoy that new turbo.

-Alex B.

AadosX
04-20-2004, 02:17 PM
bump for the coolant problem.

mikeroy420
04-21-2004, 04:17 AM
I have an aiv plug i will sell you.